• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Japan doesn't care about Zelda/Wii U so this will sell like crap there, and the west won't buy this at all.It will sell primarily to core Nintendo fans

But Japan does love the shit outta Musou, so this will sell to Musou fans who own a Wii U. Might even sell a few consoles, too.

exactly, I will be cautiously interested if it had Zelda elements, but if it is just a rerendition of DW then meh, pass.

Yeah I don't really know what DW is, so I have no idea what to expect. I'm hoping it has some puzzle elements or some dungeon exploration just because it's Zelda.

I guess it's just a button mashing hack and slash game? Not at all what I want for a Zelda game.

But Japan does love the shit outta Musou, so this will sell to Musou fans who own a Wii U. Might even sell a few consoles, too.

Based on the lack of Musou on NIntendo platforms this number is probably very small.One Piece only sold that much because of how gigantic that IP is in Japan. They probably would have been better off with Mario Musou and now that i say that it actually sounds wacky enough that I might buy it

JC Lately

This will take the edge off the wait for a proper Wii U Zelda, I guess. Might even move some more consoles in Japan, they love that Dynasty Warriors shit over there, or so I’ve been told

Will there be multiplayer? Online? Offline? Asynchronous? I heard about this only after I got to work and haven’t seen the Nintendo Direct yet.

Beth Cyra

the compression on those photos are horrible

looks okay but what a way to waste their franchise.

Haha I freaking love posts like this.

Nintendo is really wasting its franchise by pairing it with a MORE popular brand in Japan.

Zelda has become completely a non factor in Japan in the console space, if anything it's Muso who is slumming it here.

Silky

Banned

didn't Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper sell like poop in it's first week of release

granted the install base is much higher so it could be possible

jmizzal

How many Zelda spin offs have there been Links Crossbow training, 4 swords? Oh yea and the Tingle games, nothing wrong with this a straight up action beat em up Zelda game fits with the series

Steel

Banned
Does Dynasty Warriors really sell so well that there has to be a dynasty warriors version of everything? I just don't understand.

zeldablue

I always thought it'd be cool if combat was kind of like Devil May Cry or something. I'm not very familiar with Dynasty Warriors...but, is it as cool as DMC?

:D

And yeah, I hope combat in Zelda Wii U takes a few notes or two from these action games. Fighting can feel a bit dry during our typical adventure.

Beth Cyra

Does Dynasty Warriors really sell so well that there has to be a dynasty warriors version of everything? I just don't understand.

The base franchise? No I would argue it doesn't.

However it blends really well and you can see that the base combat of Muso really doesn't actually turn people off with titles like Gundam Muso and One Piece Muso.

I always thought it'd be cool if combat was kind of like Devil May Cry or something. I'm not very familiar with Dynasty Warriors...but, is it as cool as DMC?

And yeah, I hope combat in Zelda Wii U takes a few notes or two from these action games. Fighting can feel a bit dry during our typical adventure.

HAHHAHAAHAH...No.

Devil May Cry's Combat is the center of the game and is just as deep as any fighting game.

Dynasty Warriors/Muso's combat is much more shallow and it's equal part crowd control and looking cool with as little work as possible. not that it can't be fun, it can. However it is not even in the same universe as a Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. Hell its even more shallow then a God of War or Lord of Shadows.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Based on the lack of Musou on NIntendo platforms this number is probably very small.One Piece only sold that much because of how gigantic that IP is in Japan. They probably would have been better off with Mario Musou and now that i say that it actually sounds wacky enough that I might buy it

The Wii U has two Musou games (WO3 and Hokuto 2), so it's not entirely Musou-less. And also, Musou is big enough in Japan to be a system seller. Not on the level of Pokemon or Dragon Quest, but it is.

This game may not break sales records, but it will do well enough worldwide to justify its existence.

Jarate

Banned

One Piece Warriors 1 sold over 1 mil and that game was not very good in comparison to other Warriors games

One step closer to to my dream of an NFL musou.

The way I see it, we're only about twenty more ridiculous IP spinoffs until it eventually seems possible.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
just what every Zelda fanatic was wishing for i'm sure. A dynasty warriors rehash.

Certainly hope it looks a billion times better than it does after all is said and done cause right now It just looks sad.

Depends on what you mean by "cool". If you mean flashy and cool looking, then I'd say yeah, there's some exciting stuff in the combat. If you mean mechanically, it's not very close to DMC at all.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This is exactly the kind of thing Nintendo needs to be doing with third parties to start filling out the lineup. I mean, between this game existing and this game not existing, I vote for "existing." It's not like this is being made instead of a mainline Zelda or something.

CSM

Neo Member
Is it some sort of compression or are those graphics really going to be that abysmal? Looks like a 1999 game.

Maybe they should have went for Metroid Warriors since a new Zelda game is already announced? That might have been cool.

Really I just want a new Metroid game.

Silky

Banned
How much depth is there generally in DW? Is it all just beatem up action? How do environments work, are they like levels?

plenty of depth as you progress through the large environments of the game. (as of 8) differnet weapons with their respective affinities, different gameplay mechanics like switch countering, item crafting--as well as the traditional stronghold tackling gameplay with your troops against other troops and stuff

Pathetic.

Sell outs, this game looks horrible!

sigh how can you get this mad

Jarate

Banned
Is it some sort of compression or are those graphics really going to be that abysmal? Looks like a 1999 game.

Mf2z2gZ.jpg

Same exact grafics

How much depth is there generally in DW? Is it all just beatem up action? How do environments work, are they like levels?

It's pretty much beat'em up action with the end goal of MOST maps being "beat up enemy commander."

However, you'll have to balance things like troop morale by completing objectives, capturing key points, keeping certain allies alive in order to prevent the enemy forces from overwhelming your own before you can finish the map.

Top Bottom