• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was just told the PS4 Neo is releasing next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dommel

I apologise if this thread was a waste of time as I know GameStop and similar retail store people aren't always reliable, but I never actually phoned them up, he just said it im a matter of factly manner.

I guess we will find out tonight - just surprising as I thought it was all but confirmed this year?

Apology accepted

Thabass

In all seriousness, this. They know fuck all in there. It's sad.

I mean it's very possible his speculation is correct. It probably WILL ship next year (I expect it to as well), but jesus, I know more about stuff that's going on in this industry than one of my good friend's who's a store manager.

It's a little bit disturbing...

Yeah, I was half expecting this reaction. IDK I just thought being a manager would give you some insight ha, but judging from some of the posts here, guess you guys are right. Apologies for the thread.

Alucrid

Banned
It would be depressing if true.

He might know something. After all, they will start taking preorders right away. They must have told managers the release window.

you don't need to know the release date of a console to preorder it. just ask eb games austrailia

Possible, but that dude certainly has no fucking clue. If every game store manager already had the details, there would have been a leak, probably with photos people would be questioning the authenticity of.

We got the first real details on the system shortly after Sony shared it with a ton of developer studios. You can trust those people more than you can trust Billy the shift supervisor at Gamestop, and yet the info still leaked out quick.

So my next question then is, why would he lie? What does he have to gain? I wasn't buying anything -- just overheard a conversation - I've been to GAME Coventry a few times (though I don't actually live there), but idk, why wouldn't he just say he doesn't know like the answer to the Slim? That's what confuses me. He says he doesn't know regarding the Slim so why not say the same for Neo?

This is a pointless topic. You will know for certain in four hours.

So my actual question is, why would he lie? I've been to GAME Coventry a few times (though I don't actually live there), but idk, why wouldn't he just say he doesn't know like the answer to the Slim? That's what confuses me.

He might have just been speculating? I've heard some shit in videogame shops, from members of staff right up to managers. Even if Game head office knows about the plans for the Neo, I find it unlikely they'd filter those plans down to store managers just yet.

vin-buc

GAF and the internet won't be handle the news today. I expect something legendary whether or not this manager is right.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
he wasn't some random clerk, and was the manager of the store

E695wKN.gif

if the machine was respeced, then I am thinking Q1 2017

if it has original specs than its coming this fall.

Regardless, Sony is going to have the Neo out way before the Scorpio.

tebunker

Banned
Geeze imagine the death threats Sony people are gonna get if they say next year?

Honestly I think Neo is next year too.

I think they are adding a little more juice tot he box than the original docs stated in order to be competitive with Scorpio. With that they will take another 5-6 months before releasing it.

People should be prepared for this.

He might know something. After all, they will start taking preorders right away. They must have told managers the release window.

Absolutely not. Sony has this under wraps.

Yep. If random store managers had any official info at this point, then we'd have leaks all over the place. Sony's got this thing on lockdown. The fact that we've made it all the way to today with no more information than we had this spring kinda' proves that.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sounds kinda shaky but I wouldn't be surprised.
I'm still in awe that they'd even want to release it at the same time as PSVR and cannibalize that.

daveo42

Banned
It's a manager at a GAME store. I would wait to find out directly from Sony when their new console is coming out instead of listening to some guy who knows about as much as you do regarding a console without a release date.

Thats a educated guess, nothing more.

I would have thought so but it's the way he said it (as opposed to the previous question regarding the Slim); like many have said it's obviously in no way shape or form factual, and he may have just BS-ed, but just the way he said it I found interesting lol. Maybe I'm reading too much into it ha

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yep. If random store managers had any official info at this point, then we'd have leaks all over the place. Sony's got this thing on lockdown. The fact that we've made it all the way to today with no more information than we had this spring kinda' proves that.

Absolutely not. Sony has this under wraps.

you don't need to know the release date of a console to preorder it. just ask eb games austrailia

thats good to know. OP needs to go back to that guy if this turns out to be false, point and laugh at him and walk out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That reminds me of the time when I was walking down the street and accidentally bumped into Kaz Hirai.

I asked, when's the Neo's coming and he simply responded with "Sorry, got no change on me" and briskly walked off.

Lionheart

I also believe Neo is releasing in 2017. The news about releasing now are just rumors.
I mean, why was Slim leaked and Neo is nowhere to be seen?...
The Slim leaked a month before release. Neo still has over three full months to release before Christmas. If the Neo would leak the same amount of time before release, it still has a month or two.

Servbot24

Banned
I would have thought so but it's the way he said it (as opposed to the previous question regarding the Slim); like many have said it's obviously in no way shape or form factual, and he may have just BS-ed, but just the way he said it I found interesting lol. Maybe I'm reading too much into it ha
Maybe, but keep in mind game store clerks get off on acting like they know things. Not trying to be mean there, it's understandable, but it does result in false info being communicated sometimes.

jbug617

Banned
It doesn't make sense if they delay it till next year unless they admit they needed to up the specs. House said they are going to an Apple like announcement to release schedule.

JP

They may be correct but due to them working in Game, if they are, they're accidentally correct.

liquidtmd

Banned
It's next year. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Kaz Hirai pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

really doubt credibility of GAME managers

bones123

Source: GameStop/EB Games employee.

I had this happen a few times. Nioh is coming out next year, for the PS4. People in the loop get confused, and people out of the loop don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom