• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was just told the PS4 Neo is releasing next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalonJH

I'd be surprised if they release the Slim, PSVR and Neo all in one year...
That's a lot of new hardware.

Neo next year makes a lot of sense.

Didn't they already say that they are treating VR as a new platform?

I personally wouldn't count the Slim because it replaces the regular PS4. There won't be any more of them. I do think PSVR needs a few months of a window but whatever. PS Neo needs to be out soon so if it is next year, it needs to be January unless they somehow upgraded.

But like...you realize that next year is not far away, right?

It's rapidly heading toward 2017.

Either way, whatever is announced. He's probably just guessing.

McHuj

People really think the Neo is coming out this year?

Because it doesn't make sense to announce a 2017 product right before the holiday shopping season.

If it's coming next year, Sony should wait until Jan/Feb to announce it. Especially given that they have already stated that they want to follow a more Apple-like announce to release time frame.

I'd be surprised if they release the Slim, PSVR and Neo all in one year...
That's a lot of new hardware.

Neo next year makes a lot of sense.

Didn't they already say that they are treating VR as a new platform?

It makes sense, though I suspect they might want to have Neo alongside VR sooner than later. Though, if all current PS VR games were on normal PS4's then I can see it releasing early next year.

Lot will depend on if everything is finalized I suppose in terms of hardware.

lmao you guys are shitting on this manager for no reason hope this shit comes out in 2018

It's amazing.

About a week ago I had to tell Game staff about this evenings event...they were totally unaware

Let's face it, even devs didn't know about the memory upgrade and it could release in a month or 2
Retail knows when this is coming, without a doubt.

They have to plan far in advance. They might not get told a specific date, but they'll know a quarter or a month, so they'll know if it is this year or next.

But yes I doubt that would filter down to randoms in stores, just the big wigs at the very top.

Social

2017 with increased specs. Works for me. PSVR will already have proven itself to be good or not, great new games will come out that year, it's all good!

29488497696_733bf06878_o.png

breakfuss

The guy probably doesn't know anything for certain lol, but he's probably right. At this point I just can't see it releasing this year. Wouldn't make sense. Sucks man because I want to unload my OG sooo bad.

Thread full of speculation.. Let me contribute.

Neo will be released near Scorpio.

This would surprise me. If Neo is next year, I expect it early next year. Like, March at the latest. Isn't Scorpio next holiday?

If they weren't showing it so early, I'd certainly be betting on next year for Neo. I just don't know why they'd have an event to show it off this early, right before the holiday season begins if it's not part of this holiday season.

Granted, maybe today will mostly be about VR and the slim, with only a short look at Neo. That'd be the only thing that makes sense if it's next year. You wouldn't get a bunch of developers up there to show these more awesome versions of this years big games and then be like "okay, now go buy this years weaker model!"

dresi

If Neo is 2017 then Sony won't announce it today. Or maybe they gave up on that Apple approach. Eh, just three hours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom