• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I was just told the PS4 Neo is releasing next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

There was a rumor of Neo releasing early next year, with the Slim been released this year instead. Maybe they took it from there.

I used to work in Game about ten years ago. Retail staff have no clue on these announcements ahead of time and for five fucking years there was a release date spreadsheet that listed FF11 for PS2 as coming soon.

Don't believe his lies. He's just a dude who reads GAF probably

He's the thing about video game retail managers, in my experience:

They try to appear as if they have their ear to the ground on all-things game industry. More often than not, they don't know shit.

I spent a couple years at GameStop and saw some of the most baffling shit.

KORNdoggy

I also believe Neo is releasing in 2017. The news about releasing now are just rumors.
I mean, why was Slim leaked and Neo is nowhere to be seen?...

the same reason some games leak and other games don't? or how the new iphone has leaked but not their plans for the new ipad. leaks are exactly that, leaks. if it came as a tsunami it wouldn't be called a leak. lol

I apologise if threads like these aren't allowed, and please lock if so, (I normally wouldn't care what random GAME store managers say), but the reason why I'm making it is because of the way he said it.

Basically I walked into GAME in Coventry (he says he's the manager although I wouldn't know for sure since I don't actually live in cov), and over heard him talking with a customer about a slim, and said "you'll find out tonight" tongue in cheek, when I asked him about the other model, he said "the Neo? That isn't releasing until next year mate." I just thought it's weird why he'd lie and not say I don't know like he just did with the Slim question.

The way he said it just took my by surprise -- he wasn't some random clerk, and was the manager of the store, and he was mentioning how their CEO is going to the meeting in NYC tonight, but yeah just took me by surprise.

I apologise if this thread was a waste of time as I know GameStop and similar retail store people aren't always reliable, but I never actually phoned them up, he just said it im a matter of factly manner.

I guess we will find out tonight - just surprising as I thought it was all but confirmed this year? Not that I believe him -- just found it interesting.
OP - your first mistake: walking into a GAME store. Check your hands for any stray pubes.

Xbro

I think the thread should be worded in more of a question. Aside from the question mark at the end, it sounds as though you heard from a 'reliable source' that the Neo would be releasing next year.

Tntnico

At my local game store in France, Micromania (owned by GameStop), they told to a guy who wanted a PS4 that Neo will release at the end of 2017 and will be 4x more powerful than PS4.

I call bullshit, they don't know what they are talking about !

labaronx

My local gamestop manager said batman return to arkham was delayed to add arkham origins...

Imagine my disappointment yesterday

a friend of mine who is a gamestop manager. Told me he did not know anything about the release. But he did tell me if it's announced sku will be activated to be ordered.

shanafan

GameStop employee said that the Xbox One could have been vertical but Microsoft didn't want to spend the 50 cents per console to make it so.

Bydobob

Thanks for cheering up my day OP. Coventry GAME manager will gain some kudos off the back of this thread when he turns out to right. I can see this becoming a meme any time there is a speculation thread. "Yes, but has Coventry GAME bloke confirmed it?"

Venuspower

In Germany local electronic and game stores do not even know anything about the products they sale. It is not even possible there to get a good consultation since these dudes only read things from the specification paper which is in front of the product. Leaks in the WWW are more legit than their talking ^__^

I would never trust anyone in these stores in Germany. I do not know how it is in your countries.

Head.spawn

I'm flashing my fangs at you OP, not sure if my wolf mode is getting a scent of truth from you or the game store employee.

Sorry for pissing you guys off btw - it was just my first time with this sort of "insider" thing (not really that but yeah), and I just got a bit excited. My bad.

Lol, i work for marketing in a big electronics shop that sells games. Do you wanna hear what I think?

The neo will come out tomorrow for 29,99$ .

Now spread the word

If GAME is anything like Gamestop, there's this weird thing with the managers where they seem to hate saying "I don't know", so they just fucking make shit up.

Every Gamestop manager I ever worked with did this compulsively. It was so fucking weird.

Sorry for pissing you guys off btw - it was just my first time with this sort of "insider" thing (not really that but yeah), and I just got a bit excited. My bad.

No one is pissed off. Just having a laugh at the idea of a random store manager having this kind of info. For what it's worth, I think it is certainly possible he is right, he's just guessing though.

I thought it was coming this year for sure before e3, then I switched to it not coming this year based off of some shit I heard, but I was also not expecting it to be shown this soon if it wasn't coming this year. I guess if I had to bet now, I'd bet on it coming this year just 'cause it seems insane to announce something before the holiday season that isn't coming until early next year.

If GAME is anything like Gamestop, there's this weird thing with the managers where they seem to hate saying "I don't know", so they just fucking make shit up.

Every Gamestop manager I ever worked with did this compulsively. It was so fucking weird.

That's the thing - he just said he doesn't know regarding the Slim question but was so certain with this. But eh, whatever, he maybe lying.

Darth Chief 117

Neo Member
Game managers do tend to go to a lot conferences etc where they do give them some decent info from the reps, had he been told the Neo won't be out till next year I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Seems people are very salty about brick and mortar stores, I worked at Game years ago as a student and pop in now and again for tidbits of info from the manager that aren't necessarily on here. He knew about the S and the launch window in advance of the leaks.

Shouldn't just tar everybody with the same brush.

This guy's information and beliefs are as legitimate and solid as 99% of the people who post on this board.

In other words, he could be right

Hedrush

If this is the case there's going to be about 20 million of the things available on launch day as they're already in production as we know from Foxconn guy.

The amount of times Game employees have said to me some stupid ass shit, it's like it's part of their job description.

The best one was when the destiny copy I got free with my Xbox one wasn't always online, so I should keep it and not immediately trade it back in. (-_-)

JimiNutz

Banned
I'd be surprised if they release the Slim, PSVR and Neo all in one year...
That's a lot of new hardware.

Neo next year makes a lot of sense.

Didn't they already say that they are treating VR as a new platform?

goonergaz

About a week ago I had to tell Game staff about this evenings event...they were totally unaware

Let's face it, even devs didn't know about the memory upgrade and it could release in a month or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom