• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

IGN video said:
The problem.. is that game is really boring and doesn't have anything interesting to say. It's just kindof button-mashy press x to chop dudes up until you can execute them. And thats it.

And it didn't particularly feel good. The combat felt really sluggish. The camera was atrocious.
Ouch.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I feel Dead Rising 3 looks quite workable visually, especially given what it's doing.

i9AvUqfJ1U0Qp.gif

Only game I really want on XBone.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't get it...sooo, it's not the same game or what? How can it not look the same, do they have some separate code of the game running and saving some horrible code for shows lol?
Perhaps the b-roll footage might be from a PC dev version whereas the demo is on Xbox One? That's be my main guess.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I don't get it...sooo, it's not the same game or what? How can it not look the same, do they have some separate code of the game running and saving some horrible code for shows lol?

Probably in-engine cinematic stuff versus real gameplay?

I can vaguely remember one of the insider types on here saying that after initial reveals at E3, Xbone games would look worse the closer to launch we got. Seems there might have been something in that judging by the state some of the launch titles appear to be in right now.

Well... the ones have actually been shown on the hardware/devkits so far at least. Out of curiousity, has there been any word yet on how stuff that's been shown heavily elsewhere (BF4, Watchdogs, AC4, etc) is shaping up on Xbone right now?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They went on to say that the gameplay feels like a one button masher, has no identity, doesn't have anything to say, and that the camera is terrible.

Damn. I hope that Crytek turns it around, but then again it's been years since Crytek made a game with actual great gameplay.

Perhaps the b-roll footage might be from a PC dev version whereas the demo is on Xbox One? That's be my main guess.

The E3 demo which is what was impressive was confirmed to be on the One by Crytek and Digital Foundry. Seems they just brought a really buggy build to pax for some reason, perhaps they got unlucky or maybe the multiplayer is currently in shambles. Who knows!

syko de4d

wow pretty harsh critic.
It´s not the graphic which gets the hardest critic, it´s the gameplay.

Not really a game to looking for. "pretty boring" "doesnt feel good" "camera is atrocious" "very sluggish" ....

Would be funny if IGN gives the game sth. above 8.5 at the end :loool

The gifs posted today make that mode looks awful. So much show that it shouldn't have been shown in that state, if it's a selling point for them in November or whenever.

JABEE

This was my impression of the footage they showed at GamesCom. The footage at E3 looked a lot better, but it felt like it was very much on-rails. I don't know why people are expecting a lot from a game that was designed originally with the Kinect being required. It takes a lot of time a patience to design good combat systems. These sequences seem like something cooked up in a very short period of time.

oneils

Does the game really just spam the "a" prompt at you, forever? Seems pretty redundant and silly.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

Bad build perhaps?... happens all the time.

Yeah I still dont get this game at all.

Out of all the next gen stuff this game really sticks to me with its blandness.

If you told me Crytek are making a next gen action game set during the fall of the Roman empire I would be super excited. But looking at it? It just doesn't do anything for me. Combat looks dull and simplistic, Art isnt very colourful or unique and graphically it isnt blowing my socks off. Is there a story? I dont know.

Oh man, those Ryse GIFs are hilarious.

And Dead Rising 3 does indeed seem pretty awesome. I wasn't feeling the initial reveal for it, but it's been looking a whole lot better since then.

Mr. Desu

Oh man, those Ryse GIFs are hilarious.

And Dead Rising 3 does indeed seem pretty awesome. I wasn't feeling the initial reveal for it, but it's been looking a whole lot better since then.

Ran out of fingers and toes to count the amount of zombies on screen.
9/10

Elginer

GROUNDBREAKING NEXT-GEN GAMEPLAY

Is this really supposed to be their showpiece AAA launch title? Damn, this shit looks terrible. I mean, damn - I know this is Crytek's first shot at an action game and all but good grief that looks like shit.

PureGone

Banned
Yeah I still dont get this game at all.

Out of all the next gen stuff this game really sticks to me with its blandness.

If you told me Crytek are making a next gen action game set during the fall of the Roman empire I would be super excited. But looking at it? It just doesn't do anything for me. Combat looks dull and simplistic, Art isnt very colourful or unique and graphically it isnt blowing my socks off. Is there a story? I dont know.

It's almost as if at the very last minute someone said "hey guys, maybe we should add combat in this game".

Yeah that kinect to controller change really shows

Top Bottom