• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Ryse's multiplayer looks nothing like the released footage, doesn't feel nextgen

prwxv3

Who was the insider that said ryse had janky animations? He was right on the money. I hope it changes because good graphics mean shit if the animations are this janky.

All this constant awesome news about next gen is making my PC building decision easier. Lets just hope the games don't get so bad that they run like crap on PC.

The negativity around this game seriously can't ryse any higher at this point.

tumblr_mhzr16g7891ryc8o6o1_500.gif

Amir0x

Banned
I thought this was common knowledge by now? Their E3 showing was underwhelming at best.

I think people were still getting over the collective relief that it's not just a QTE game to stop to consider "wait, maybe the combat itself still sucks?"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Guys, I have discovered this fact that in Japan, Lair was called Rise from Lair.

This game is called Ryse.

Is it also Ryse from Lair?

Tune in to find out.

BigDug13

One thing that always bugged me about this game was that even in multiplayer, the game still has those slow motion QTE finishers. So basically while Player 1 and the enemy he's fighting slow down with a slow motion QTE finisher, Player 2 and the other enemies are moving at normal speed. That just sounds like the most ridiculous thing ever to be moving at normal speed and see your buddy as Player 1 moving in slow motion in some sort of finisher.

Slow Motion "300-esque" death animations don't really work in multiplayer. Single player? Fine. Multiplayer while player 2 is moving at normal speed? Stupid.

I don't get it...sooo, it's not the same game or what? How can it not look the same, do they have some separate code of the game running and saving some horrible code for shows lol?
There was a dream that was Ryse. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish, it was so fragile.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This gen Lair or this gen Heavily Sword, though?

At least I enjoyed Heavenly Sword (not heavily lol). It was a good game (not great, but good).

This looks to be plain boring.

Guys, I have discovered this fact that in Japan, Lair was called Rise from Lair.

This game is called Ryse.

Is it also Ryse from Lair?

Tune in to find out.

The Rise word and its variations have a curse in this industry.

TentPole

Watching these gameplay videos just leave me thinking about how good of a fit Killer is Dead's combat system would have been for this game.

wanders

They specifically called it out as not looking like the b-roll footage and the b-roll of KZSF we have looks considerably better than the playable builds from what I hear. Probably an old build or something. They need to make sure that the build that the public will play won't crash much so it could be older than stuff the press has seen/played. I'm not confident about Ryse's gameplay but I'm not going to count Crytek out when it comes to graphics.

why would crytek show a buggy build to the press though, they're trying to sell it to them too

Both Ryse and Dead Rising 3 look to be the disappointments of the Xbox One's launch. Luckily Forza looks solid and better than Driveclub in my opinion.

Are you kidding? Dead Rising 3 looks fantastic. I'm more interested in 3 than any of the others. The jury is still out on Ryse but I'm not too excited for it. Dead Rising 3 however, is the first game I'm getting on day one.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone else notice as you go into the "super duper slowmo kill" the rest of the gladiators around you give no fucks?

They keep chugging along, ignoring the bullshit.

BigDug13

I don't get it...sooo, it's not the same game or what? How can it not look the same, do they have some separate code of the game running and saving some horrible code for shows lol?

You remember Aliens: Colonial Marines gameshow demo that every gushed over and then the finished product, right? "Trailers" and "demos" have become sort of meaningless at this point. Anyone who preorders a game based on gameshow demo hype without having a rich franchise history with the developer to draw from is rolling the dice.

I don't trust Ryse, Driveclub, or Knack until I read some reviews of the finished product. Same goes for Spark which looks utterly amazing...I don't trust a new game IP until I read some reviews.

Not that I think they're all going to suck. I just feel like the "hey look at our demo we created for this event" nature of this industry has lead to certain companies blowing smoke with fake demos and fake trailers that are not at all representative of the finished product.

It is weird though that in this instance, it's the gameshow demo that can't even bother to work well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
yeah its disappointing what lies in the next gen

There's plenty of games on both platforms to be excited about. This just doesn't seem to be one of them, which is a real shame because this type of game is something missing from Microsoft's first party line up and the concept has some real potential.

Are you kidding? Dead Rising 3 looks fantastic. I'm more interested in 3 than any of the others. The jury is still out on Ryse but I'm not too excited for it. Dead Rising 3 however, is the first game I'm getting on day one.

Dead Rising 3 might look good visually but chasing the COD audience is never a good thing unless you're actually COD.

Replicant

As if we need to be told to know that. The game looks like a current-gen game in all of the videos that's been released thus far.

Top Bottom