• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm having weird "drunk urinations" in random places...maybe?

I mean, like apart from this---back in College I had two times where I wet the bed after drinking, but that seems a bit more "normal" than randomly urinating while awake.
That's not normal. Most people go through their whole life not peeing their bed after drinking.

And even if it is the airconditioning, the fact that you can't remember stuff after drinking is troubling and should be an indication for you to limit yourself a bit more when going out.

Boem

I mean, like apart from this---back in College I had two times where I wet the bed after drinking, but that seems a bit more "normal" than randomly urinating while awake.

I used to drink like a maniac back in college and that never happened to me. Not saying it's not 'normal' but I don't it's common either.

You might just have a weak bladder. That'll easily result in an incontinence type issue after getting drunk, if that's how your body is built.

Might also explain the drip like pattern you describe.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mama mia.. This detective broke the dam ehh case..

No, if you read there I bring up how that happened to me in college when I drank BUT I point out this time I hadn't drank for months. So it's unrelated to alcohol there.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
0Th2C9L.png

Peepee alarm.

Bread

Banned
See, the thing is, I can remember EVERYTHING from those nights except peeing---like I remember who I talked to at the bar, what we talked about, leaving, and walking home, and that's a good 10 minute walk. And I remember coming in, using the actual bathroom, and then lying down. So, I'm not getting totally blacked out I just collapse.

As for how many drinks I had, probably six but spread out over about four hours---nothing too crazy, though I think my issue is mixing stuff like I'll have a beer, and then switch to a Strawberry Daiquiri. My best bet would be to stick with the simpler stuff, which I do, but then I meet a girl, we get to talking, and we both buy each other different types of drinks.
Clearly it is too crazy because you're having trouble making it to the bathroom to piss.

Enough with the excuses.

Hanmik

No, if you read there I bring up how that happened to me in college when I drank BUT I point out this time I hadn't drank for months. So it's unrelated to alcohol there.

It might have been unrelated to alcohol... But this just confirms you hav a problem with your bladder ..

Now we just need to know how you manage to only pee on specific stuff.. So put up that Camera..

See, the thing is, I can remember EVERYTHING from those nights except peeing---like I remember who I talked to at the bar, what we talked about, leaving, and walking home, and that's a good 10 minute walk. And I remember coming in, using the actual bathroom, and then lying down. So, I'm not getting totally blacked out I just collapse.

As for how many drinks I had, probably six but spread out over about four hours---nothing too crazy, though I think my issue is mixing stuff like I'll have a beer, and then switch to a Strawberry Daiquiri. My best bet would be to stick with the simpler stuff, which I do, but then I meet a girl, we get to talking, and we both buy each other different types of drinks.

Just stop. It's time to get help.

jtb

Banned
You should seriously consider reducing your alcohol intake. If only to control for that variable and see if it still persists.

Then go see a doctor.

Watch Da Birdie

No, I'm not trying to make excuses I guess---I just want it to be something other than urine because, well, that's embarrassing and I feel like never leaving the house again. It sucks because I had such a great time last night otherwise---in fact a girl I met invited me to the bar Wednesday, I wanna go but it's their big heavy drinking night and I'm just unsure of how much self-control I have. :/

Well, you know, part of it is moving into my own place and I guess with the increased freedom I'm taking more risks in certain areas especially drinking more---I know "excuses", but other than these incidents and a DUI in the past (which is why I now walk to avoid that) my alcohol use hasn't been detrimental otherwise. I've never got into a fight, I don't miss work or call out, I don't throw up or have stomach pains, and otherwise I'm healthy.

No, I'm not trying to make excuses I guess---I just want it to be something other than urine because, well, that's embarrassing and I feel like never leaving the house again. It sucks because I had such a great time last night otherwise---in fact a girl I met invited me to the bar Wednesday, I wanna go but it's their big heavy drinking night and I'm just unsure of how much self-control I have. :/

Well, you know, part of it is moving into my own place and I guess with the increased freedom I'm taking more risks in certain areas especially drinking more---I know "excuses", but other than these incidents and a DUI in the past (which is why I now walk to avoid that) my alcohol use hasn't been detrimental otherwise. I've never got into a fight, I don't miss work or call out, I don't throw up or have stomach pains, and otherwise I'm healthy.
Which bodily fluid would you like it to be?
I'm wondering if you're on any other medication??

Dyle

Maybe instead of drinking you could do another big summary thread like you did for all the Pokemon. Maybe something like RTTP: The Warioware Microgames: All of them. I'd love to read it and then the only thing soaked in urine would be the fire from this microgame from Warioware Twisted

https://youtu.be/ErsBgNP_lbY?t=144

Daingurse

You need to cut back on your drinking if you can't remember what you did. That was my wake-up call. I've only blacked once, and during that period I apparently threw-up on my dog. Not a great feeling. I only drink casually now.

Shadybiz

Yeah...one time while I was on vacation (at my own house), I apparently got hammered enough that I got up in the middle of the night and peed near the bedroom window. Amazingly, no drywall damage or anything like that.

....And THAT'S why I don't drink vodka anymore, and THAT'S why I took a solid month off of drinking (lost a few pounds, too, which was nice). I recommend you take some time off as well.

Boem

I get that you don't want the drinking to be the problem. And maybe it isn't. But it's worth finding out if it is.

Like others have said, consider setting up a camera, maybe a bucket directly under the air conditioning. Also consider getting checked out by a doctor, just in case.

If you do have a bladder/incontinence issue, it's better to find out sooner rather than later. It could lead to worse problems. If if it turns out you don't have any medical issues in that area: great. That'll give you some peace of mind. Either way, worth checking out.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Once had a roommate (dorm) that would do this sober.

First time I heard him wake up in the middle of the night, stumble to the door, make a sound like pouring a liquid into a cup and then stumble to bed. I turned on the light to see he had pissed on the door.

"Dude, you pissed on the door", I said
"My side of the door" he responded.

I was so dumbfounded and tired I decided fuck it, he's right, and went back to sleep. Next day he asked me what happened and I explained. He had no recollection and was pretty pissed at himself. Then told me other stories of him growing up sleep walking places and peeing everywhere followed by a plea to stop him if he tries again.

Couple of months later I hear him stumble out of bed, walk into his closet, and spray again.

I jump out of bed, turn on the lights, run over to him yelling for him to stop. He wouldn't, I slapped him a couple of times, to which he responded.

"I'm not asleep! See. One two three four five" He counted his fingers one by one for me while finishing his personal shower on his entire mound of clothes. (he had just finished laundry that day).

How could I argue that... He had finished anyways. I went back to sleep.

Next day it was the same show of confusion, sadness, and embarrassment. Had no memory of the events.

Third time we got him down the hall to the bathroom before he could do anymore damage.

Other than those events he was actually a really cool/popular guy at the school.

Watch Da Birdie

Well, thankfully I don't feel as if drinking has overtaken my enjoyment of life---I work a 40-hour job, I enjoy playing games and watching television shows, so I'm not that deep into alcoholism yet. I think for the most part I have control when on my own, it's only when I go out that I get pressured into drinking---and part of it is drinking as a cover for my shyness to loosen up.

Iolo

It sucks because I had such a great time last night otherwise---in fact a girl I met invited me to the bar Wednesday, I wanna go but it's their big heavy drinking night and I'm just unsure of how much self-control I have. :/

Meet the girl, wear a diaper.

Also:

I need to watch my drinking habits more closely. This time my television set display was wet, and thankfully while none of my electronics got soaked it ruined my ARMS and Splatoon cases. This time I have the vaguest memory of sitting (?) on the wood set, and liquid coming out

OP needs a tag indicating never to buy/trade with them in the BST thread...

Watch Da Birdie

Meet the girl, wear a diaper.

Like, I don't wanna completely give up on drinking and having fun at the bar---but I agree I do need to step back and reassess my drinking habits.

Decided to get rid of all alcohol in the house. Even though I never drink much at home really, I usually pop a beer an hour before heading to the bar to loosen up my shyness and that's not a good start.

Also maybe go later instead of earlier so I have less time to drink, I went at 10:00 last night and that gave me four hours in which I kept buying drinks.

And enlist some friends to help, I'm kind of a loner so why I do meet people at the bar I usually don't have anyone looking out for me. Whenever I go out with actual friends I tend to be far more in control, and drink less.

Boem

Well, thankfully I don't feel as if drinking has overtaken my enjoyment of life---I work a 40-hour job, I enjoy playing games and watching television shows, so I'm not that deep into alcoholism yet. I think for the most part I have control when on my own, it's only when I go out that I get pressured into drinking---and part of it is drinking as a cover for my shyness to loosen up.

Where does that pressure come from? Would the people around you give you shit if you didn't drink? It's fine to say no to alcohol. Clearly you're drinking way beyond the "loosen up" phase.

The thing with alcoholism is: it's not just about the amount you drink, it's about your relationship to drinking. If you can't drink without going overboard, that's a problem. Even if it isn't a daily thing. That's why some ex-alcoholics still call themselves alcoholics even if they avoided alcohol for years. They know they can't set their limits if they ever start again.

It's worth putting effort in being a bit more concious about your alcohol use.

Watch Da Birdie

Also to reiterate that old thread had NOTHING to do with drinking, it happened during a time in my life when I barely drank.

KingV

That's not normal. Most people go through their whole life not peeing their bed after drinking.

And even if it is the airconditioning, the fact that you can't remember stuff after drinking is troubling and should be an indication for you to limit yourself a bit more when going out.

It's not common but it's not rare either. I have seen lots of people do it after heavy drinking. Easily 10+.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Had something similar happen to me at the old apartment abd Im pretty sure it was ghosts. How long have you been living in your new place OP? Any other...strange activity?

It's piss. My friend has the same problem. He drinks too much, goes into zombie mode, his body has to piss all the 15 beers he drank yet his brain can't make it to the toilet, thus the world becomes his toilet.

He denied it at my brothers bachelor party (which I had to pay for), he denied it at his brothers bachelor party, I finally caught him pissing into the air intake vent next to my room one night.

Boem

Also to reiterate that old thread had NOTHING to do with drinking, it happened during a time in my life when I barely drank.

Okay, but wouldn't that indicate some bladder issues then? It might be nothing, but it's worth getting it checked out. That's not an area of the body where you want some undiscovered medical issues building up over the years.

If there's nothing wrong, at least you'll know. If there is, a doctor can help you fix it.

Beardz

OP, just be very aware on how you feel while drinking, don't just drink... Think about "how do I feel in this moment? I'm drunk? do I drink another beer?" this way you will drink less and I'm sure you won't pee over this girl you're talking about.

Izayoi

Banned
"I don't consider myself a heavy drinker."

*repeatedly gets blackout drunk and pisses all over his own home*

Ok, buddy. Have you considered AA? Serious question.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, I'll be giving up the bar for at least a month except if a friend invites me (which is rare)---and I imagine once it gets colder I'll be heading there far less often anyway since I walk. In addition to getting rid of alcohol in my house. I'll save some money too. :)

I just hope I have enough self-control. Especially as the girl I met last night (and the first night this happened we had a drink) is a heavy drinker herself, so if that turns into a relationship that's probably a bad trigger.

Also I did go for a physical a bit after that incident with the bedwetting when I wasn't drinking and I was all good, so it doesn't seem I have an internal issue---then at least.

Top Bottom