• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm having weird "drunk urinations" in random places...maybe?

Izayoi

Banned
Yeah, I'll be giving up the bar for at least a month except if a friend invites me (which is rare)---and I imagine once it gets colder I'll be heading there far less often anyway since I walk. In addition to getting rid of alcohol in my house. I'll save some money too. :)

I just hope I have enough self-control. Especially as the girl I met last night (and the first night this happened we had a drink) is a heavy drinker herself, so if that turns into a relationship that's probably a bad trigger.
Think about your own health first. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Also I did go for a physical a bit after that incident with the bedwetting when I wasn't drinking and I was all good, so it doesn't seem I have an internal issue---then at least.

Did you even talk to the doctor about it? Or are you just saying your physical was all good, so you don't have to actually talk about the actual issue?

giphy.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
dud wat? you drink alone?

Not really. At home I usually just have a beer or two at the end of a work week.

But I go solo to the bar and then hope people talk to me---sometimes like last night it works, but if I don't drink enough, well, I'm shy. So the first couple hours is usually me just drinking by myself quietly until I muster up enough courage to approach someone, then it goes good usually.

So, yeah, I guess psychologically drinking = friends.That's pretty much how it's always been for me. Come to think of it, I don't really ever hang out with friends doing sober stuff. I mean I do a lot of activities while sober, just alone.

Not really. At home I usually just have a beer or two at the end of a work week.

But I go solo to the bar and then hope people talk to me---sometimes like last night it works, but if I don't drink enough, well, I'm shy. So the first couple hours is usually me just drinking by myself quietly until I muster up enough courage to approach someone, then it goes good usually.

So, yeah, I guess psychologically drinking = friends.That's pretty much how it's always been for me. Come to think of it, I don't really ever hang out with friends doing sober stuff. I mean I do a lot of activities while sober, just alone.
Sounds like me.

Yeah, I'll be giving up the bar for at least a month except if a friend invites me (which is rare)---and I imagine once it gets colder I'll be heading there far less often anyway since I walk. In addition to getting rid of alcohol in my house. I'll save some money too. :)

I just hope I have enough self-control. Especially as the girl I met last night (and the first night this happened we had a drink) is a heavy drinker herself, so if that turns into a relationship that's probably a bad trigger.

Also I did go for a physical a bit after that incident with the bedwetting when I wasn't drinking and I was all good, so it doesn't seem I have an internal issue---then at least.

You took a decision and gave yourself four outs at the same time. You need to think long and hard about this.

FUME5

You say you're smart enough to avoid being taken advantage of, but two weeks ago you offered to suck a guys dick when he exposed himself to you and told you he was going to fuck you over the bar.

I don't want to victim blame here, but between that thread and this one, I do not think you have things under control anywhere near the level you think you do.

NewDust

Well, thankfully I don't feel as if drinking has overtaken my enjoyment of life---I work a 40-hour job, I enjoy playing games and watching television shows, so I'm not that deep into alcoholism yet. I think for the most part I have control when on my own, it's only when I go out that I get pressured into drinking---and part of it is drinking as a cover for my shyness to loosen up.

So you admit you have problems whit alcohol, and that your not in control... Get help mate.

I've had a couple of friends who've done this. Once I was crashing at a mate's house on the sofa after a night of heavy drinking. I woke up still drunk with my mate's brother stood up facing me, uncomfortably close, just kind of swaying on the spot. I told him to fuck off and go back to sleep, he kind of wandered away and I went back to sleep. The next thing I know I wake up again and see him in the corner of the room, pissing all over my mate's TV, Xbox, DVD player etc. I just decided I wanted none of what was going on in there, took a couple of cushions from the sofa and went to sleep in the weights room.

Another time I threw a big party, as things were winding down at around 2am a (different) friend of mine who had a history of pulling shit like this got up from where he'd fallen asleep on the sofa, marched to the end of the room and started getting his dick out. Another friend and I knew what was about to happen, grabbed an arm each and carried him out to the front garden. He took offence at this, got one arm free and tried to take a swing at me, so I let go of his other arm and he collapsed on the grass under his own weight, where he promptly pissed himself.

You say you're smart enough to avoid being taken advantage of, but two weeks ago you offered to suck a guys dick when he exposed himself to you and told you he was going to fuck you over the bar.

I don't want to victim blame here

Sorry, but that's not a cool card to play.

Watch Da Birdie

I don't want to victim blame here, but between that thread and this one, I do not think you have things under control anywhere near the level you think you do.

You got it reversed there, I honestly found him attractive enough to consider it but quickly changed my mind once he got aggressive. I really don't think I was in the blame for that.

Boem

Wait, that was OP?

I'm not trying to make fun of you OP, but there's a pattern here and it's not healthy. I don't know if it's self image issues or hiding in alcohol, but it does sound like there's some work to be done.

It's not about being honest to random people on the internet, it's about being honest towards yourself. In all honesty, it does sound like you're making a lot of excuses to make things look better.

Again, not trying to make fun of you. Just saying that maybe there's some self-reflection you should be doing.

Edit: didn't see the post above about you just being attracted to the guy. Okay, didn't know that. If that wasn't a problem for you, it wasn't. I'll take your word for it. But still, if you're easily influenced by others, as some posts suggest, drinking so much among strangers isn't a good idea.

FUME5

You got it reversed there, I honestly found him attractive enough to consider it but quickly changed my mind once he got aggressive. I really don't think I was in the blame for that.

I didn't blame you in that thread, and I'm not blaming you here.

What I'm saying is that from an outside perspective a pattern of behavior is emerging that is not healthy and could see you end up in serious trouble.

And I say this as a HEAVY drinker.

Jeremy

It's a thing that happens to people. I once had to stop a college roommate from pissing his PowerBook.

It is a weird ass phenomenon though fr. My brother claims I crashed in his bed one night, got up in the middle of the night, slid open the window and pissed through the screen of it, then I shut the window and got back in bed. I don't believe him but I also know I have a friend that's gotten up and pissed on our old clothes on the floor of the closet of a cabin we stayed in while vacationing in Tennessee, a roommate who pissed on/in his girlfriend's purse in his own bedroom with its own bathroom, another friend sleeping next to me who got up in the middle of the night and took a piss on those nice leather, moving "theater" seats for home theaters... it's sleep pissing to be honest

okay well this thread is something different than I thought

Watch Da Birdie

I didn't blame you in that thread, and I'm not blaming you here.

What I'm saying is that from an outside perspective a pattern of behavior is emerging that is not healthy and could see you end up in serious trouble.

And I say this as a HEAVY drinker.

Ah, no offense taken---just wanted to clear up the order of events.

But you're right in that it was related because I had been drinking alone (though not particularly heavy that night thankfully) and was easily manipulated by somebody taking an interest in me.

FUME5

Ah, no offense taken---just wanted to clear up the order of events.

But you're right in that it was related because I had been drinking alone (though not particularly heavy that night thankfully) and was easily manipulated by somebody taking an interest in me.

Hence my first point - from what you've said you do seem like someone who can be manipulated based on your shyness and lack of self confidence, drinking too much to counter that when (it appears to me) that you can't take care of yourself in all situations could lead you into serious trouble.

AndersK

Hence my first point - from what you've said you do seem like someone who can be manipulated based on your shyness and lack of self confidence, drinking too much to counter that when (it appears to me) that you can't take care of yourself in all situations could lead you into serious trouble.

Shit, what if OP is Drunk enough to invite people from the bar over, forget they're there, fall asleep, and then they do a pee'n'run?

Surely this is the most logical explanation.

Beardz

OP I recommend you to learn about additive behavior, basically your environment play a very important role. You're reinforcing the concept that in order to have fun, you have to drink. In your case you're doing it with strangers and that's a little bit more risky.

Such a weird thread... "I'm the kind of person people buy drinks for, I drink a lot and spend $10."

wut.

But, this is pretty normal, at least, like normal in the way that I think everybody knows someone who pisses himself when super drunk. A good friend of mine has pissed himself when super drunk a couple times.

I went to college with a girl who uses to piss in her drunk sleep... but like not in the bed. She'd get up and piss in drawers on clothes and on the radiator and stuff.

dud wat? you drink alone?

There's nothing wrong with having a drink when alone. If it's a repeat pattern of getting drunk when alone, that is an indicator, but having a beer when you're alone isn't abnormal or an indication of alcoholism. I'll often have a few beers while playing videogames if I have the day off the next day.

Beardz

There's nothing wrong with having a drink when alone. If it's a repeat pattern of getting drunk when alone, that is an indicator, but having a beer when you're alone isn't abnormal or an indication of alcoholism. I'll often have a few beers while playing videogames if I have the day off the next day.

I'm going to change the question "dud wat, are you getting drunk alone?!"

Cyanity

Banned
Op, has this ever happened on a night you *didn't* drink? Because if that's the case, I'd see a doctor. If not, then maybe you need AA.

timshundo

Why is this so devastating to you in a psychological sense, OP? It's not barf or shit or semen... just pee. Did you have some weird pee experience growing up that you have PeeTSD from?

Also yeah I did a lot of drinking over the past decade and have blacked out... maybe twice? The only person I know that blacks out on the reg is now an alcoholic lol.

Watch Da Birdie

Besides the peeing thing it doesn't seem (as far as I know) I do anything else when blacked out...like no weird messages sent, nothing out of place, etc...

Also I've never gotten blackout drunk when alone at home drinking.

Why is this so devastating to you in a psychological sense, OP? It's not barf or shit or semen... just pee. Did you have some weird pee experience growing up that you have PeeTSD from?

Because throwing up when drunk is more "socially acceptable" I guess, while peeing is associated with childness? I don't know, just the element of losing control like that freaks me out and I'm worried if someone comes over they'll notice---luckily it seems I got rid of the smell and it didn't stain the carpet, and it's an apartment so it's not like it was meticulously clean beforehand, but now it's going to be something that will forever gnaw at me if I have people over. Even though this is an easy to recover from accident it feels like I've done something horrible.

OP when you're an alcoholic as you have seemed to indicate to us through your current and previous posting history, these things tend to happen.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I cannot stress enough that you should talk to a doctor. Not just for a physical, but actually about the REAL ISSUE.

mlclmtckr

Banned
the guy across the hall from me in college would come home and piss in his garbage can every single time he got drunk. which was a lot.

I have two friends who piss and shit at weird places when they get really drunk. One pissed in the closet of his daughter and the other took a shit in front of his house.

Not sure why. My theory is that their mother let them walk with shitty diapers for too long, not giving a shit.
I know their mothers. They're cool but have this "lassaiz faire" attitude when it comes to parenting.

I guess I'm doing it "wrong," or something.

I'm almost 33, and in the 11+ years I have been drinking I never once had a blackout experience, or had a urge to pee in random spots.

I guess I'm doing it "wrong," or something.

I'm almost 33, and in the 11+ years I have been drinking I never once had a blackout experience, or had a urge to pee in random spots.
You're just not drinking enough.

Seriously though. I have some dumb shit happen when I drink too much and most of the shitty things that have happened to me in life have happened when I'm drunk or because I have been drinking too often. So have most of the best things. Its all aboot moderation.

Alcohol is a motherfucker. But you have to know when to quit. Or at the very least, slow the fuck down.

It can be fun for a while but eventually the shit consumes you and you are fucked.

Its hard for people like us that need booze to be social. Just like anything though, when you become dependant on a mind altering substance to enjoy yourself its never good.

v3numb

Hmmm, it's worth noting that I'm currently house training a puppy, but from the sounds of it OP, you might be marking your territory. Were there any existing pee stains in your place from the previous owners? Try rewarding yourself next time you potty in the toilet and the problem should fix itself sometime in the next 4-6 months.

pigeon

Banned
You are an alcoholic with prostate enlargement.

Hmmm, it's worth noting that I'm currently house training a puppy, but from the sounds of it OP, you might be marking your territory. Were there any existing pee stains in your place from the previous owners? Try rewarding yourself next time you potty in the toilet and the problem should fix itself sometime in the next 4-6 months.

This post made me crack up.

Consider getting yourself clicker trained.

Top Bottom