• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosox333

I would have said the same yesterday, but I don't think NoA would be hyping the announcement if all we're getting is the name of the game.

That's exactly why NoA is hyping the announcement. Just announcing the games and their platforms is HUGE news.

zroid

Banned
there are a couple things I would like to see, even though I may get a lot of hate from Pokefans as a result

1. a new type (or two)

2. 5 move slots instead of 4

Pachimari

I feel so old and exhausted.

I finally came bac since Red and played Black and White. And I just started Season 1 of the anime as I never finished even the first season.

A lot of catching up to do!

Berordn

there are a couple things I would like to see, even though I may get a lot of hate from Pokefans as a result

1. a new type (or two)

Not that I'm against them changing things up, but both of these would be a balance nightmare if the rest of the game's systems stayed the same. It took years to develop enough new moves and Pokemon to make Dark and Steel into worthwhile types, and the two of them were really only added to balance out the then-overpowered Psychic.

Five moveslots wouldn't be a particularly big change on a basic level, but I do kind of like the competitive constraints that four slots gives you. It would definitely mix up the competitive scene a bit.

zroid

Banned
Not that I'm against them changing things up, but both of these would be a balance nightmare if the rest of the game's systems stayed the same. It took years to develop enough new moves and Pokemon to make Dark and Steel into worthwhile types, and the two of them were really only added to balance out the then-overpowered Psychic.

Five moveslots wouldn't be a particularly big change, but I do kind of like the compatitive constraints that four slots gives you.

5 move slots would be insane. It will completely change the competitive field

I agree and that's why I want it to happen

Change is good!

Don't necessarily think 5 is better than 4 for any particular reason, but it would shake things up tremendously

Tagg9

That's all we got for BW, wasn't it? The names and Reshiram/Zekrom.

Besides CoroCoro leaks, that is.

Yeah, but I think Nintendo realizes they can create an international hype machine for the game with simultaneous regional reveals.

Of course, I'm probably giving Nintendo too much credit as usual.

This is the rumor linked on Bulbagarden in the Gen VI discussion thread, posted on Serebii originally:

@.@

I'd...I'd be okay with all this.

The fact that he goes into details about EV/IV stats makes me call BS right away. It all sounds way too convenient, fanfareish. Not that it sounds bad, but yeah, Im not holding my breathe.

Berordn

I agree and that's why I want it to happen

Change is good!

Don't necessarily think 5 is better than 4 for any particular reason, but it would shake things up tremendously

A new type would be change for the sake of change, which I'm not sure would be a good thing, especially when there's something resembling balance in the games finally.

Cue "BUT LIGHT TYPE" discussion, and ten pages of "THAT'S ALREADY FIGHTING TYPE"

Five moveslots does have interesting implications, but isn't a huge change on the most basic level. Interviews say that they've like four slots for gameplay reasons though, every time they considered adding more they always go back to four.

zroid

Banned
A new type would be change for the sake of change, which I'm not sure would be a good thing, especially when there's something resembling balance in the games finally.

Cue "BUT LIGHT TYPE" discussion, and ten pages of "THAT'S ALREADY FIGHTING TYPE"

I subscribe to the idea that if change is not harmful, then it is beneficial as a rule. In other words, change "for the sake of change" can be a good thing.

Of course I'm thinking in ideal terms; is it practical to add a type or two and rejigger up the balance? Probably not. But if the game could be properly re-balanced with the addition of new types, I would be for it, definitely.

Sponge

Banned
Is it bad that I have a gut feeling this isn't game related news? Also, how much of Game Freak does Nintendo own?

Perhaps this is so announcement like Game Freak starting development for iOS along with Nintendo products.

Which honestly would scare the heck out of me, I'm sure I'm wrong but it's a gut feeling.

Is it bad that I have a gut feeling this isn't game related news?

How much of Game Freak does Nintendo own? Perhaps this is so announcement like Game Freak starting development for iOS along with Nintendo products.

Which honestly would scare the heck out of me, I'm sure I'm wrong but it's a gut feeling.
Game Freak is independent. Why would Nintendo hype up Game Freak making games for iOS?

Berordn

I subscribe to the idea that if change is not harmful, then it is beneficial as a rule. In other words, change "for the sake of change" can be a good thing.

Of course I'm thinking in ideal terms; is it practical to add a type or two and rejigger up the balance? Probably not. But if the game could be properly re-balanced with the addition of new types, I would be for it, definitely.

Oh, absolutely.

I just don't think they can do that and still resemble their predecessors, at this point. It'd take a gigantic overhaul to add a new type in.

Which I'm not inherently opposed to, but I like how the games work in their current incarnations.

Is it bad that I have a gut feeling this isn't game related news? Also, how much of Game Freak does Nintendo own?

Perhaps this is so announcement like Game Freak starting development for iOS along with Nintendo products.

Nintendo has enough of a stake in the Pokemon IP to ensure this would never happen.

Just got in to read the NoA tweet and the rumours. HOLY SHIT.

NOA is hyping it up, c'mon son..

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Holy Fuck!

Guys, the new Pokemon Movie features a RED Genesect that is notable for being extremely fast (perhaps 3X as fast?)

This rumor mentions "space colonies like in Gundam".

It's all coming together.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I want the new pokemon to have first person visual and cell-shading graphic.

I own a 3DS and don't own a Wii U, and still want it to be a mainline game for wiiU. But alas that is dreaming. I'll take my 3DS game plzthx.

Berordn

Where did NOA hype it up?

The official American Pokémon Twitter account mentioned it.
Nintendo has majority ownership of TPCi.
Not only could they never make a mainline Pokemon for iOS because of that, Nintendo would never allow them to draw that much attention to a release if it wasn't on one of their platforms.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The official American Pokémon Twitter account mentioned it.
Nintendo has majority ownership of TPCi.
Not only could they never make a mainline Pokemon for iOS because of that, Nintendo would never allow them to draw that much attention to a release if it wasn't on one of their platforms.

I'm not saying this means it's an iOS announcement, but Nintendo of America and The Pokémon Company International are very much separate companies.

Berordn

I'm not saying this means it's an iOS announcement, but Nintendo of America and The Pokémon Company International are very much separate companies.

Of course, but just like NoA, they aren't doing anything without NoJ's go-ahead.

1. a new type (or two)

4 move slots, but the Pokemon never forgets any moves it learns, ever. Instead, you can "equip" what moves to use prior to battle taking place from a list of learnt moves.

* The mascot of the game is the only Pure-Digital Pokemon, it's actually the successor to Eevee...it doesn't evolve from it in-game, but was constructed using Eevee as a base. It resembles Eevee, except more reptilian and sleeker. It'll be debuting in the Eevee Mini-Movie, and is set to be revealed next week alongside the titles since it's a major player within the game. It's actually the lone Starter Pokemon, and all players start with it...its three, branching evolutionary forms are actually the Box Mascots as well. Utilizing the 3D models, this Pokemon has a unique and ambitious evolution system where its look will slightly alter depending on how you raise it, meaning that each player will end up with their own version of it more or less.

Nintendo showing Maxis how to do it.
Digital Pokemon sound a bit odd; got to wonder if these are going to be Spot Pass/Street Pass based.

That's kinda weird considering it's the first official Genesect appearance, right? You'd think they'd use the normal colour.
It's almost certainly appearing in the anime first. The first episode of Episode N has N discovering a laboratory it broke out of, and anime merchandise for it has appeared (along with Mewtwo merchandise, FWIW).
The movie is going to have both the normal version and the shiny version.
That's not confirmed. It very briefly appeared in the teaser trailer to highlight the increased speed of the Shiny Genesect, but these teasers often have elements that don't appear in the final movie for the purposes of hype. Evil Ash in the Zoroark movie, anyone?

Conor 419

Banned
I wish Pokémon allowed

- Any Pokémon to be capable of beating any other Pokémon as long as it was trained well
- 4 Attack slots and 2 status changer slots
- No more HM's
- Travel to gyms in any order you want
- Servers, so you can see other players, but interactions are restricted to battle/chat/trade

What is this about? I'm out of knowledge.

A BW2 rumour that everyone believed until the faker was caught due to improper Japanese grammar.

I'm just saying you guys should take everything with a gallon of salt, especially considering the NDA stuff Zeroth was talking about.

CACTOWL NOOOOOOO!
Why did it have to be this way? the starter of my dreams destined to never exist in this world.
Cactowl was a real man's fake pokemon news, one that every sane person wanted to become reality, these new fake rumours are small time compared to Cactowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom