• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

Here is another thing Im asking for. No Fire/fighting starter. For the love of all that is holy plz give it a new type combo.

Psychic/Fighting/Dark starters don't seem that crazy, really.

The fact that Dark outright resists Psychic always made this one seem a tad sketchy to me. edit: FFFFFFFFFFffdgh!
But at this point i'll take Normal/Normal/Normal over Fire/Water/Grass, screw the kids learning their basic type matchup mechanics!

botty

Banned
I hope they bring back those base things from Pokemon Ruby. With StreetPass and SpotPass, having a bunch of people populate your region would be a nice addition.

Brickhunt

I would be fine with a Pokémon Gray, but only on 3DS. I can't accept any Pkmn game on DS.

On B/W you have Reshiran and Zekrom.
On B/W 2, you have Kyurem that absorbs one of them depending on the version. The conclusion is that Kyurem should have some kind of merged form with both Reshiran and Zekrom. A "Grey Kyurem" forme.

Also on it, they should give a plot point for Genosect. It's a insanely powerful Pokémon made by team plasma, yet it's not explored and a more event Pokémon. I would like it to have "Complete forme", and be finished as it was supposed to be before N stopped the project.

Fire/Psychic Starter. Let's go.

623Golurk.png

'sup

Darryl

Banned
Genesect does seem like a good fitting Pokemon to lead into the whole "Digital" PokéDome world, but that entire list is way too detailed and is obviously just fanboy wishes.

Still got me hyped tho

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This. No fucking fire fighting please, jesus christ.

Hilariously enough outside of Blaziken they are all based on Journey to the West.

So the fire starter is probably either the priest guy or the ogre guy.

Also despite being similar in typing the three falls into different niche, especially with their hidden abilities.

Delio

Fire/Psychic starter just Scalds his butt to death.

Hilariously enough outside of Blaziken they are all based on Journey to the West.

So the fire starter is probably either the priest guy or the ogre guy.

Also despite being similar in typing the three falls into different niche, especially with their hidden abilities.

Shame Emboar doesnt really perform well for a fighting type..

If those rumours are true (who knows, might be, more than likely not), the whole less story and set in space colonies thing is a bit of a turn off for me. It's too radical and personally sounds more spin-off territory to me.

Most of the other rumours in that list are cool. I want 360 degree movement (or 8 directions, whatever, just no grid), a new type would be great, character customisation is a no brainer for going 3D (but would rule out anime style cutscenes I wouldn't mind seeing), AR would be a massive feature if done right so I would love to see that too, etc.

But I honestly thought BW/BW2 was a great step in the right direction for story. I'm not expecting gaming's best stories in Pokémon games but I still want to see them. With 3D and more powerful hardware in general they can really try to make the story in these games more engaging and dare I say it, emotional. The games are mostly about forming bonds with these creatures, so use that to its full potential.

Region wise, I want something that's really detailed, exciting, beautiful and varied. Something that really makes you want to discover and explore it to find all of its hidden secrets as well as Pokémon habitats. By moving onto the 3DS they can really push exploration more than they could before so I really wouldn't want to see that wasted on space colonies. Sure it says biospheres so I guess there could be varied environments that aren't all space themed and stuff, but I still think it would be too crazy. Also bring the camera down a bit so we can see more of the world and also the sky. Not sure about a free camera, but they could always explore using different set up camera angles to show off things.

Also, Cactowl looked awesome.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The Pokemon world can only have so many regions, they will have to turn to space eventually.
They only just started turning to other countries to base regions on. I'm sure they have plenty of regions to go (how do you even run out of imaginary regions?)

Psychic/Fighting/Dark starters don't seem that crazy, really.

Black/White starters really should have evolved to Fire/Dark, Water/Fighting and Grass/Psychic. Even their designs look like it....

Fou-Lu

Rumours are hilarious, though some of it I'd really like to see, especially the starter that goes through slight changes to make everyone's unique.

Funny that I still haven't even finished White... *sigh*

DJ88

Damn it I know I'm only dreaming, but a Pokemon game on the Wii U would make me so happy. Haven't played any kind of Pokemon game since Gold on my gbc. A 3DS game would be nice too, but I want something completely new.

Rumours are hilarious, though some of it I'd really like to see, especially the starter that goes through slight changes to make everyone's unique.

Funny that I still haven't even finished White... *sigh*

You should get on that. It's probably the best game in the series.

I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I... chose...

A 'mon chooses; a slave OBEYS!

Fou-Lu

I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I... chose...

An alternate universe. Where it's all medival and it plays like a monster capturing Monster Hunter.

Rapture would be to Gen 3.

You should get on that. It's probably the best game in the series.

I really want to, but my backlog is fucking ridiculous, maybe I'll just shove it to the top of my list.

We need Pokemon UK yet!

It would be like Hoenn all over again with all the water and rain, except not as glamorous in the slightest...

The evil team are a gang of hooded youths stealing from local pokemarts speaking with slurred and occasionally incomprehensible dialogue, the new friend/rival starts falling victim to peer pressure leading to a more personal tale that'll really speak to the younger generation!

I wasn't familiar with the lore of the series, didn't know that all the regions were on the same continent. I stand corrected, there is plenty of room for more regions.

The evil team are a gang of hooded youths stealing from local pokemarts speaking with slurred and occasionally incomprehensible dialogue, the new friend/rival starts falling victim to peer pressure leading to a more personal tale that'll really speak to the younger generation!

Coming soon to E4.

Chris R

Pokemon MOBA might get me back into the series. It is such a good fit so of course Nintendo will never make it happen.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They can make an evil team about those who only prefer the original 150 mons and plan to destroy the other Pokemons with some power bomb.

Fire/Psychic starter just Scalds his butt to death.

Shame Emboar doesnt really perform well for a fighting type..

Yeah Emboar could've been really good.

Black/White starters really should have evolved to Fire/Dark, Water/Fighting and Grass/Psychic. Even their designs look like it....

Nah. I can see Emboar being Fire/Ground (Dark really doesn't fit its repertoire). Serperior can be Grass/Poison (fits the rose has its thorns motif along with the royalty thing) and yeah part Psychic.

vall03

Nah. I can see Emboar being Fire/Ground (Dark really doesn't fit its repertoire). Serperior can be Grass/Poison (fits the rose has its thorns motif along with the royalty thing) and yeah part Psychic.

Agreed, would have been better if Emboar was a quadruped Fire/Ground type. I was expecting his design to be somewhat similar to Twilight Princess Ganon.

botty

Banned
I wasn't familiar with the lore of the series, didn't know that all the regions were on the same continent. I stand corrected, there is plenty of room for more regions.

The gen 5 region is supposed to be far away from the others. I'm guessing the same distance New York is from Japan.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Elaborate rumors have already begun!

* A new Type is being introduced, called "Digital", but that's the translated Japanese name and it may be different when localized. Digital-type is "neutral", no weaknesses, resistances, immunities, but when it's the secondary type (there's only one planned Pure Digital), it doubles the weaknesses/resistances of the base type. Fire/Digital is 4X weak to Water, 1/4th resistant to Ice. There are many new Pokemon being introduced, not as many as Unova, including a handful of Digital-types and plenty of new evolutions of old Pokemon that have appeared following the time skip. Due to this, they'll be new evolutions that occur naturally.

The bolded should be enough for anyone who knows some Japanese to know this whole thing is bullshit.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Elaborate rumors have already begun!

The bolded should be enough for anyone who knows some Japanese to know this whole thing is bullshit.

Wait, why?

The Japanese-types are different than the English ones...Psychic is "Esper" in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom