• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous Second Son: What Delsin was supposed to look like pre-beanie

The One and Done™;105783599 said:
Too heavy handed

I love - absolutely love - that the designer apparently thought he was making an important game with a huge message.

But you play as a terrorist with super powers.

remnant

Banned
one of my favorite things about Deslin is how downplayed his native american background so hooray for the change.

And folks, douchey is just a term people use to criticize people who look differently. Don't read into to much. it's the internet, people are assholes about everything, move on

Coolwhip

Banned
If I was the game director and someone came to me with that concept art for a character I would think he used a random character generator. Native american dressed as fashionable teenager with a shirt around his waist. I don't get it.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
what isn't douchie to you people?

image.php

dat boi right dere

Yeah, people who call other people douches are douches, douches. I personally find that Delsin is a handsome chap with a pretty swagger jacket.

Long hair or not, he could have still been Native American.

Somebody looked at a graph and another person looked at a chart while another person was looking in the mirror and then what always happens, happened.

deadpixel

Banned
So they made him less cultural looking. I wonder why...

SP was going to give Cole some hair in inFamous 2 but the fanbases were whining too much.

I hate when developers change their vision to appease others. The final product always seems less genuine.

They Drake-ified him.

072310_infamousdesign_stream--article_image.jpg

gioGAF

I still hate the design for this character, because I absolutely can't stand tattoos. They should make that crap optional, I find it very annoying that it is becoming more commonplace.

The whole tattoo thing totally ruined Cole in inFamous 2 and Jason in FarCry 3 for me (aesthetically). I find it ironic that many game designers are trying to incorporate different types of characters in their game so more people can be included, but they don't mind alienating those of us who have a dislike of certain things on their protagonist. I can't wait for all video game protagonists to have piercings through their face.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That actually looks cool and way different from what we got (or what we usually get in games in general)

Definitely a loss. Maybe they can release a skin?

Gertso

Neo Member
I still hate the design for this character, because I absolutely can't stand tattoos. They should make that crap optional, I find it very annoying that it is becoming more commonplace.

The whole tattoo thing totally ruined Cole in inFamous 2 and Jason in FarCry 3 for me (aesthetically). I find it ironic that many game designers are trying to incorporate different types of characters in their game so more people can be included, but they don't mind alienating those of us who have a dislike of certain things on their protagonist. I can't wait for all video game protagonists to have piercings through their face.

Whatever grandpa!

JayEH

Oh man, they were going to go full Native American. The original look may have been a bit stereotypical though.

Replicant

Yeah, that stereotype wouldn't go well. OTOH, I also wonder if SP realized during the animation process that hair of any kind would be troublesome to animate with Delsin's ridiculous movesets (especially the Orbital Drop). Thus, the lack of hair on Cole and the Beanie on Delsin.

Yeah this old design makes him look like he came out of an old, slightly racist western film.

At least they realised that not every Native American has long ponytailed hair...

Good thing there are intelligent, articulate people on this board to address my post.

A character should not be obligated to appeal to everybody, specially when it has a predeterminadate personality (in this case, kind of two). Is fine you want customization, but even GTAV had Trevor with a default tattoo.

Top Bottom