• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

Shin-Ra

13961805935_241ba3ed8c_o.jpg

13958623512_ecdb7cdf3e_o.jpg

13938707466_0db7410c51_o.jpg

HTupolev

Alright, let's see how this weird PS4 screenshot upload pipeline works.

Blu1bt_CYAA3Z4y.jpg:orig

Seems legit, aside from the whole "console game screenshot compression hasn't improved since Halo 3 came out" thing.

Zolbrod

Man, how are you people taking all these high resolution pics!?
Is this from the same Share button I'm using!?

BlhGJvYCEAEElM2.jpg:orig

BlhIcIrCYAAE22P.jpg:orig

The top one actually made my wife go "hey, where's that?" ;)

TTOOLL

Don't you guys think it's kind of revolutionary? I mean, holy shit at the pictures in this thread. I'm amazed. Are there other games with a feature exactly like this?

Balert

Neo Member
Ezenzer's photo is a well deserved pick in my opinion and I've voted for it, hope he wins :) Was one of the first photos I saw in here that blew my mind.

Pretty sure number 6 is a gaffer pic too. Delsin with his hands up with the DUP pointing guns at him. Voted for that too :)

Holy shoot! I darn near broke my laptop when I saw it in their feed!

Flipyap

You know what really sucks? Realizing that you forgot to hide the photo mode UI when you took one of your favorite action shots (or maybe I re-enabled them too soon, I keep forgetting about the darned share button delay).

ibnSSKlIS4dXjp.jpg

ibmzPQCwJUp38n.jpg

iVWNUx9poKKij.jpg

Christ almighty who even needs bullshots anymore?

Just let GAF run wild with a photo mode and you are guaranteed screenshots better than any marketing team could ever hope to produce.

Zok310

Banned
This thread alone sells this game.
Hope Sony realize that there is no going back from photo mode.
They must include it in all 1st party games going forward.

Weird how this adds reply value to the game.

Totally!

So who do we bug on twitter to get a Photo Mode in The Last of Us Remastered?

scitek

I saw one of mine haha, were famous. ;)
Btw I'm making a video of this too but would I get banned for like self promotion or something if I posted it in here?

No, you should be fine as long as it's topical.

And I saw my bench shot in there, lol.

Chabbles

Some bloody amazing shots in here.

That would be great, TLoU on PS4 with a photo mode, along with being able to export shots through USB and less compression, would produce a thread of awesomeness.

But screw just sony 1st party games, This sort of photo mode would be great in GTAV too. And not just GTA either, provided the devs/pubs of whatever game are confident in their product, they should all include some sort of photo mode, its like free advertising.

Hydrargyrus

Yup

We should ask for this in every Sony's first party title...

wapplew

Some bloody amazing shots in here.

That would be great, TLoU on PS4 with a photo mode, along with being able to export shots through USB and less compression, would produce a thread of awesomeness.

But screw just sony 1st party games, This sort of photo mode would be great in GTAV too. And not just GTA either, provided the devs/pubs of whatever game are confident in their product, they should all include some sort of photo mode, its like free advertising.

Developer gonna put extra work to make sure their game do not look bad under photo mode? Not going to happen.
If they confident enough for their work, put it in, don't mandatory it

HTupolev

You know what really sucks? Realizing that you forgot to hide the photo mode UI when you took one of your favorite action shots (or maybe I re-enabled them too soon, I keep forgetting about the darned share button delay).
I just took a shot after forgetting to disable HUD. Wound up getting photobombed by a damned fast travel sign.

Blzj97zCcAEaJtd.jpg:orig

I'm loving the roll function way too much.

BlzgryPCIAAMgVY.jpg:orig

Flipyap

Screw all of the bokehs and other fancy schmancy particles. This rain of polygonal coins might be the nextgenniest thing I've seen so far.

i5K4iVj6de7Ga.jpg

Craziness. There's so much detail I never would have noticed if it weren't for the photo mode. Hell, I didn't even know that newspaper boxes could explode like this and I've beaten the game twice.
Good job, whoever had to model these things and make them work, you unsung heroes, you.

FeiRR

Banned
Hello GAFfers!

I was planning this since I heard the screenshot patch was coming. We discussed the rules with other people I invited for judging and were waiting for the patch to be released. Then it came just before Easter and I was gone for 5 days. I come back and see the screenshot OT. Holy cow! I hope the contest will be even more amazing than planned. So let me invite all of you to:

Infamous: Second Son Screenshot Contest

I hope the rules are clear, if anything is not, please ask.

NastyBook

13968428784_d0709d2f4f_o.png

13987970603_39fa2f648e_o.png

13964811421_d5d7b234d6_o.png

I would love to post my picture but I can't seem to get flickr to work in the thread. Does anyone know how to get it to work.

What I do is click on Download / All Sizes - View All Sizes - Original - right click the image to open it in a new tab - copy the URL - paste it here and put

pixelbox

What I do is click on Download / All Sizes - View All Sizes - Original - right click the image to open it in a new tab - copy the URL - paste it here and put

Nice pics BTW, but I said screw this and chose photobucket. Much easier.
Posting at top of a new page so everyone can read.

There is a NeoGAF screenshot contest. Go here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805887 enter and join the fun :)

Saw that, and chose my "blurred flame pic". Wish me luck!

hesido

The blood and tears of the artists that model this world so intricately. Making games sure became a massive undertaking.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
The blood and tears of the artists that model this world so intricately. Making games sure became a massive undertaking.

Yeah. I find it interesting how a lot of this detail would have been lost on most people if it weren't for the photo mode. Without those freeze framed extreme close ups I never would have known how intricately detailed Delsin's chain was. Back in the day if you would have put something like that under a microscope you would have been greeted with pixelated textures but now you end up finding a whole other level of craftsmanship you didn't know was there.

Top Bottom