• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice Wii U now has all DLC available

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
$5 per character? So, which one is the best?

Gleethor

So zombie mode is for some reason 2.99 on the eshop but .99 everywhere else, blackest night batman is available by himself but also in the blackest night 2 pack, a mysterious lockdown pack is available with no details about whats in it, ame comi skins show up for the first time, and for some reason the flashpoint pack is a dollar more than all the others? This ought to end well.

TDLink

Awesome news, I can finally start playing seriously. Now all we need is a Decent superman outfit.

Man of Steel or New 52 both look great on him. I also like the Godfall one you can unlock in-game by beating the story mode.

So zombie mode is for some reason 2.99 on the eshop but .99 everywhere else, blackest night batman is available by himself but also in the blackest night 2 pack, a mysterious lockdown pack is available with no details about whats in it, ame comi skins show up for the first time, and for some reason the flashpoint pack is a dollar more than all the others? This ought to end well.

Thanks for posting. Updated the OP with some of your info here. Is the Ame Comi pack $2.99 also? Do you mind finding out what is in the Lockdown pack?

Khezu

Flashpoint skins were 4 dollars for awhile on xbox/ps3, but randomly got the price changed awhile ago to be more in line with all the other skin packs.

That is what my hunch is too (due to "Lockdown" Superman). That would either be 5 skins in a pack or 2 missing though.

The official description is "a collection of exciting, custom player costumes from throughout the DC universe". Custom? Really vague.

TDLink

Glad that Wii U has parity, but $5 per character? DLC is so fucking awful...

Same price as 360/PS3.

The official description is "a collection of exciting, custom player costumes from throughout the DC universe". Custom? Really vague.

Yeah. We aren't going to definitively know until someone bites the bullet and buys it and reports back...but I am going with the guess that it is some or all of the 5 iOS skins available on the other two systems.

RM8

Whatever version I end up buying of this game, I'm absolutely skipping the extra characters. I can buy an extra game with that money - heck, I can get Mortal Kombat from the PSN during the summer sale for the price of two of these characters.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Wow. I was just whining about this, and now they get it out. Time to put my money where my mouth is. I'll be getting all the new characters except maybe Batgirl. Or should I get Batgirl too?

Khezu

Wow. I was just whining about this, and now they get it out. Time to put my money where my mouth is. I'll be getting all the new characters except maybe Batgirl. Or should I get Batgirl too?

I think Batgirl is great, her and Zod are the most interesting of the DLC characters.

Scorpion is good and really cheap online, but people will hate you. He also gets kind of repetitive because of the way you have to play him.

Lobo is alright, he has an interesting design, but he's probably the worst character in the game. You can still win with him, but you will have to work pretty hard. His combos are also a bit tough compared to everyone else in the game.

Well the game apparently did receive that patch. What they need is the private match option.

And yeah, what are those packs/skins exactly? I sort of skimmed them.

I'm not sure how this is anything on Nintendo's end. Other games such as ACIII have had DLC from the time they were available elsewhere.

Why wouldn't it be partly due to Nintendo? That's the thing exactly... CoD DLC on PS3/360, and you get other 3rd party games on Wii U getting DLC--but not on Wii U version of BO2.

I've talked to a Treyarch dev about this issue a while back, and he says Treyarch is more than willing to port DLC on the Wii U, but Nintendo and Activision couldn't reach an agreement.

Perhaps Nintendo wanted a bigger piece of the pie in profit for each DLC.? I see no reason why Activision wouldn't want DLC supported on the Wii U. Money for them obviously.

Another reason(guessed by Cod Wii vets), is that Black Ops 2 Wii U fanbase is pretty low, and that DLC would just split the community(hard enough as it is to find modes beyond TDM, Ground War and domination with partied friends on most hours of the day). In that case I say that the DLC not being available from the start is likely one of the main reasons this game hasn't even sold a million. The next CoD on Wii U NEEDS to have DLC available right at launch. DLC will drive sales and make the Wii U version actually look on par with 360/PS3(and xbox one/PS4), instead of looking like an inferior port with less support.

I hope Nintendo learns from this mistake and does everything it can to get DLC on Ghosts, or else it could be end of the line on the CoD franchise on Nintendo.

NVdujAs.jpg

I love the Ame-Comi costumes. Catwoman's is by far the best with that tail. She also has the best alternate colors in the game as for this costume is Joker purple and green like her Ame-Comi counterpart. Still holding out hope for some kind of character bundle in the near future (probably won't happen) otherwise I'll just pick up Batgirl. Hopefully Martian Manhunter (c'mon he's coming) will also be for Wii U as he's also one I want. Its a real shame about the lobbies. Hopefully this is a sign that they'll at least try to do more for the Wii U audience and lobbies will eventually come. I mean they just finished their first round of DLC and I'm sure that's what allowed them to put everything up on the EShop. Maybe in this down time they could work on the lobby issue which is probably more labor intensive as you aren't just inserting characters, skins or balances but actually interacting with the online infrastructure and making change to matchmaking.

I doubt that version will make it to WiiU, though :p

Which is why I'm happy to pass on the DLC for now and just get the complete version on PS3 when it hits like $25. Bought Mortal Kombat twice (though that was PS3 Komplete and Vita), I'm getting my money's worth with the base game on Wii U now and will get more value with a re-release later on.

Only thing I'd miss was playing in bed. Guess I could remote play on Vita.

iMerc

as someone who's never really been into DC, will i still enjoy this game majorly or is it one of those things where being a DC fan makes the game awesome?

i like the folks at midway/netherealm and think their mortal combat reboot was awesome.

Gleethor

Ok so the lockdown pack comes with:

Lockdown Superman
Batman Beyond
New 52 Green Lantern
Knightfall Bane
Arkham City Harley

No idea how to get New 52 Flash on Wii U

Ok so the lockdown pack comes with:

Lockdown Superman
Batman Beyond
New 52 Green Lantern
Knightfall Bane
Arkham City Harley

No idea how to get New 52 Flash on Wii U

Technically it's the best value for costume packs. Though if you had an ios device and any other version you could grind to unlock the costume. I see this same pack also coming to the other versions for people who don't have ios like me. Too bad there are no skins I really want from the pack. I love Batman Beyond but I don't like the skin here and in the Arkham games where its just over the regular Batman model. Looks way to muscular.

As for Flash he was obtained by just bg linking a WBID to the game. Something that for some reason isn't possible on the Wii U version and the reason for no ios connectivity. He should be free but I see Netherealm charging a buck for him.

So what's the consensus on the Wii U version? Is it definitive now with the dlc and updates?

Apparently its still missing lobbies and a way to play directly with friends. You can't link your WBID to the Wii version so you can't unlock New 52 Flash. You also can't play the ios Injustice version and link it to the game because of that. You can't unlock five costumes by playing the ios game, you can only buy them in a $3 costume pack. I don't have ios or play online so it doesn't matter to me but its something I sincerely hope Netherealm fixes. Because the remaining issues don't effect me and I love Off-TV play this is my personal definitive version.

Apparently its still missing lobbies and a way to play directly with friends. You can't link your WBID to the Wii version so you can't unlock New 52 Flash. You also can't play the ios Injustice version and link it to the game because of that. You can't unlock five costumes by playing the ios game, you can only buy them in a $3 costume pack. I don't have ios or play online so it doesn't matter to me but its something I sincerely hope Netherealm fixes. Because the remaining issues don't effect me and I love Off-TV play this is my personal definitive version.
Thanks for the info. Other than those things, how about the graphics or gameplay? There was never a Face-Off on this game so just wondering what the fan base is saying about which version is the best when it comes to visuals and performance.

Thanks for the info. Other than those things, how about the graphics or gameplay? There was never a Face-Off on this game so just wondering what the fan base is saying about which version is the best when it comes to visuals and performance.

Graphically it looks great to me with a very fluid framerate but I honestly can't give you a proper comparison. Same for gameplay. I've owned a lot of different fighters over the years: SF, MvC, SC, DOA, GG, Tekken, TvC, PS, SSB and a bunch of anime fighting games but I've never been at the level to properly judge what makes one good or bad. It would be best to look for an unbiased more knowledgeable opinoun. You should definitely check out the Injustice OT here on Gaf I'm sure they'll be able to answer your questions. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Graphically it looks great to me with a very fluid framerate but I honestly can't give you a proper comparison. Same for gameplay. I've owned a lot of different fighters over the years: SF, MvC, SC, DOA, GG, Tekken, TvC, PS, SSB and a bunch of anime fighting games but I've never been at the level to properly judge what makes one good or bad. It would be best to look for an unbiased more knowledgeable opinoun. You should definitely check out the Injustice OT here on Gaf I'm sure they'll be able to answer your questions. Sorry I can't be of more help.
No worries. Still thanks for the reply.

The question was for anyone in this thread. Seeing how NFS Most Wanted and Batman AC turned out great, just wondering how Injustice fared on the Wii U. And I do agree that playing on the gamepad is a cool feature to have.

Well the DLC is not up on the Australian store, but it's patching. The store usually usually updates midnight here.

I'll definitely get the characters and a couple of the costume packs.

I got Batgirl and Scorpion and the new 52 skin pack. I don't have a problem with $5 characters, but the skin packs seem way overpriced to me. That New 52 one has 3 skins and there's 28 characters. What are they going to do, have about 10 New 52 packs for $3 each? Fuck that.

TDLink

I got Batgirl and Scorpion and the new 52 skin pack. I don't have a problem with $5 characters, but the skin packs seem way overpriced to me. That New 52 one has 3 skins and there's 28 characters. What are they going to do, have about 10 New 52 packs for $3 each? Fuck that.

I agree, the Skin packs should be like $1.50 max (half of what it is now).

So I can't find Man of Steel skin or any of the free skins. What am I missing? They get taken down?

Man of Steel should be there. The free skins are automatically in your game when you get the update.

Captain N

I agree, the Skin packs should be like $1.50 max (half of what it is now).

Man of Steel should be there. The free skins are automatically in your game when you get the update.

There are 19 items for me and that's not one of them. I wish it were there. Thats one I really want.

Captain N

So the Man of Steel costume just isn't there and no CW Arrow skin either. :/ I'm loving everything about Zod.

BuzzJive

Do the character downloads come with anything extra - like a couple single player chapters or anything? $5 seems a bit pricey, but I am tempted to at least snag Scorpion. It may be the closest we ever get to Mortal Kombat on the Wii U :-/

Top Bottom