• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktk

Saw the first trailer, that was enough for me I'll go see it, trailer campaigns giving away half the plot are so shit.

xam3l

Saw the first trailer, that was enough for me I'll go see it, trailer campaigns giving away half the plot are so shit.

This is not one of those campaigns. You can watch the rest of the trailers. But just to be sure, keep away from the TV Spots and don't think much about the "whys" and "whats".

Prepare yourself

Robbie Collin ‏@robbiereviews
@joeutichi The buzz I've heard from early screenings has been wildly positive.

Jamie Graham ‏@jamie_graham9
@robbiereviews @joeutichi I've spoken to 1 journo, 2 PRs and 2 directors who have seen it - all raved. "Nolan's best" seems to be consensus

@jamie_graham9 @joeutichi Yep. His best film, multiple times, from trustworthy sorts.

SwampFox

Neo Member
Prepare yourself

@robbiereviews @joeutichi I've spoken to 1 journo, 2 PRs and 2 directors who have seen it - all raved. "Nolan's best" seems to be consensus

@jamie_graham9 @joeutichi Yep. His best film, multiple times, from trustworthy sorts.

Nolan's best?! Wow. Definitely going to see this opening weekend now.

Oh he went there..

@robbiereviews I concur with all these predictions, though I think Nolan might nab Best Director to go w/ Interstellar's Best Film victory

zoukka

This is not one of those campaigns. You can watch the rest of the trailers. But just to be sure, keep away from the TV Spots and don't think much about the "whys" and "whats".

Why would you want to watch the trailers if you already know you'll be seeing the movie?

DMczaf

Prepare yourself

tumblr_ncvejlaZiz1qgwcoeo2_500.gif

TheXbox

If Interstellar won best picture I would legit weep. Not really, but man sci-fi has gotten spurned by the Oscars for so long. Break the cycle, Nolan. Genre retribution.

Oddduck

If Interstellar won best picture I would legit weep. Not really, but man sci-fi has gotten spurned by the Oscars for so long. Break the cycle, Nolan. Genre retribution.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great for the entire sci-fi genre.

So Interstellar was probably the best movie I've ever seen.
So Interstellar was probably the best movie I've ever seen.
6:10pm - 18 Oct 14 @chocobugcat

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If return of the king can do it for the fantasy genre, then interstellar can do it for the sci-fi genre. Believe!

If Interstellar ends up getting serious awards, I hope it's more deserving than Return of the King. That was definitely an uninspired awards blitz based on general success and retroactively rewarding them for a previous better movie (Fellowship).

Interstellar should earn it, rather than serve as an excuse to give kudos to Nolan and crew's general history.

Dahbomb

Insomnia, while not his best, is criminally underrated.
IMO Nolan has made no bad movie. His worst movie is TDKR and I still prefer that over 90% of comic book movies.

I was going to watch Interstellar day 1 even before watching the trailer.

I am ready for the feels. I am ready for the poetry of full circle. I am ready for the ending that is interwoven with flashbacks, exposition, feels and god tier Zimmer music.

People who say that are either A) people who didn't watch a lot of movies B)just saying that to sound cool C)love hyperbole.

Seriously, there are tons and tons of movies that are much worse.

ofcourse there are that does not mean anything. The last batman movie was extremely bad especially compared to the second one. the reasons acting was bad,, bad guywas very bad, I could not hear shit he was talking about forget about fearing him,don't even ask for that lady dying scene, cat woman was joke, fight scene were so bad.

This guy made momento , the dark knight and inception which were amazing. I will wait for some time but this movie from promo does not look good at all so sorry. not every one has to like everything. AS long as you enjoy it rest of the world can go to hell. so enjoy. :)

ofcourse there are that does not mean anything. The last batman movie was extremely bad especially compared to the second one. the reasons acting was bad,, bad guywas very bad, I could not hear shit he was talking about forget about fearing him,don't even ask for that lady dying scene, cat woman was joke, fight scene were so bad.
Are you sure you didn't see the IMAX sneak peak instead of the final movie?

That is to say, I felt they made him easy to understand in the end, he just sounds funny.

DMczaf

https://twitter.com/chocobugcat/with_replies

Ben ‏@b4ben666 4h4 hours ago
@chocobugcat was it sad? or optimistic

Catbug.
‏@chocobugcat
@b4ben666 All of the above, lol. It fluctuated the whole movie. So worth it though.

Greg Schiller ‏@gschiller13 39m39 minutes ago
@chocobugcat see Christopher Nolan gets it. Ft hood is perfect place for it. So how good is the movie?

Catbug.
‏@chocobugcat
@gschiller13 Perfection. Uses just the right amount of creative fiction when a majority of it is scientific & makes you think the whole time

BOLD PREDICTION: This will gross less than Gravity.

I think this is definitely possible. I think the long run time will go against it somewhat and i kinda wonder how well it will go over with general audiences.

Not that i give a shit, so long as i enjoy it that's what matters.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I look forward to it, even if I never liked any Nolan movie except Memento. I thought Sunshine wasn't very good but it had great visuals (better than Prometheus, considering the potential for that one and the lackluster material Sunshine had to work with), but this looks way beyond all that.

Spat_triate

I look forward to it, even if I never liked any Nolan movie except Memento. I thought Sunshine wasn't very good but it had great visuals (better than Prometheus, considering the potential for that one and the lackluster material Sunshine had to work with), but this looks way beyond all that.

Sunshine was directed by Danny Boyle. Agree with your thoughts though.

Haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, but does anyone know a website that show what IMAX theaters are showing this?

Sorry if my question is poorly worded.
Been sick all day.

hahahahaha No way.
Don't be so sure. Gravity is closer to that mainstream, international audience, shut-your-brain-off-and-watch-some-Michael-Bay kind of appeal. It's an action/disaster film than happens to be set in space.

It seems that Interstellar will attempt to demand more from the audience, and a significant portion of the movie going public just isn't looking for that.
Looks like I'm going to the National Air and Space Museum this November. Seems so fitting for this movie.
u1V8kgp.gif

Don't be so sure. Gravity is closer to that mainstream, international audience, shut-your-brain-off-and-watch-some-Michael-Bay kind of appeal. It's an action/disaster film than happens to be set in space.

It seems that Interstellar will attempt to demand more from the audience, and a significant portion of the movie going public just isn't looking for that.

This sounds like the same shit people said about Inception.

mandmoneal
I really enjoyed it. It was so nice of them to do this for soldiers and families. My husband just returned from a year deployment and some of the moments were very relatable. Yes, I did cry!
http://instagram.com/p/uT2M62lsyl/

http://royal-midget.tumblr.com/post/100356555523/so-this-is-the-video-i-got-of-mathew-mcconaughey
So, these are the super blurry photos I got of Mathew McConaughey. My phone’s camera is so terrible oh my god
Taken in Fort Hood during a pre-screening of Interstellar, which is SUPER FUCKING AMAZING. It’s heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom