• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions from last nights screenings

Wcx3kSu.png

1Y8QoEn.png

BX42GlL.png

Anyone going to check out that Interstellar Oculus Rift stuff? It's at a comic con here in UK.

I think it's a virtual tour of the spaceship?

KidJr

Originally Posted by Ether_Snake

I like how it's always the Nolan movies that are defended most rabidly.
His movies are hardly beyond criticism, but your criticism of Inception is just crazy and nonsensical. Inception is like a person showing you his dick in public? What the fuck kind of critique is that? It makes zero sense.

I mean while I really really disagree with his critique... I do understand the dick in public analogy.... I think....

I think he's saying it excessively tried to be clever / deep / ground breaking in places it didnt need to be...

Or something along those lines. I've heard people say similar things.

DMczaf

http://www.thewrap.com/christopher-nolans-interstellar-explodes-at-intimate-first-look-screening/

An undeniable awards contender exploded onto a huge Imax screen for a select audience of Hollywood tastemakers and talent on Wednesday.

“Interstellar,” by writer-director Christopher Nolan, has been held tightly under wraps and eagerly awaited, not least because the filmmaker (“Inception,” “The Dark Knight”) consistently works with big ideas on a vast visual canvas.

“Insterstellar” did not disappoint in that regard, offering up the filmmaker's stunning vision of a future in which the survival of humanity is not a given. The movie stars Matthew McConaughey as Cooper, an astronaut seeking new habitats in space as humanity chokes on a dying earth.

The experience left the A-list audience breathless with the sheer intensity of the film, featuring soaring scenes of interplanetary travel, and imagining for us what it might be like to be sucked into a wormhole. Those images contrasted with bleak landscapes of farmers living in a futuristic dust bowl back on earth.

The movie will inevitably draw comparisons to “Gravity,” Alfonso Cuaron's masterful drama set in space last year.

But Nolan's approach is different than Cuaron's. “Interstellar” grapples with questions of
time and space, relativity and the so-called “singularity,” which if you haven't heard of before the film, you should check out in advance.

DMczaf

Rian Johnson @rianjohnson 1m1 minute ago

Interstellar is bold & ballsy. Huge ideas done in a concrete grounded way, and some of the finest space travel spectacle this side of 2001.

Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt

I saw INTERSTELLAR last night & I'm just now taking it all in. Holy moley. Amazing.

Rian Johnson @rianjohnson · 17m 17 minutes ago
Plus if you're a space nut like me there's an IMAX sequence of the ship passing Saturn that'll make you pee. (Hey that rhymed)

Emile Hirsch
Saw a private showing of @Interstellar last night. INCREDIBLE film. An absolute must see, it is truly unforgettable.

Liz Bird @MzLizBird · 9m 9 minutes ago
Interstellar is a dream, a joy, a magnificent experience. See it on the largest screen possible. #ChrisNolan crushes it!

12 more days!

DMczaf

http://petewentz.com/post/100767196550/i-got-the-chance-to-see-the-film-interstellar-last

I am still thinking about it. It is amazing to me that in 2014 there is a movie that can make me forget where I am for a few hours- that when i walk out of the theater i am surprised that it has turned dark outside like I was when i was a kid. I love that a film like this gets made today and you can see it on a big screen… the visuals are insane, as is the imagination of the story. it reminded me of the spirit of my favorite movies growing up, but at the same time, was completely original and new. As so much of who I am is based on these amazing adventures I saw growing up- I am glad that someone is making them for todays audiences. If you get the chance go see this movie in a dark theater with a big screen and lots of popcorn- cause thats how it deserves to be taken in.

Embargo half broken

John Andre Awardsdaily • 39 minutes ago
Not my place to review, those are just thoughts thrown out to be chewed over. But I guess if you held a gun to my head, my verdict is in it's best moments, nothing in mainstream cinema this year can touch it.

Jimothy

Fuck I bought into the hype even though I haven't liked any Nolan movie post-Prestige. Got a dead center seat at Lincoln Square for Thursday night.

They really want to break their embargo

erickohn ‏@erickohn 10 minutes ago
There are something like 8 embargoes on #interstellar & I'm told I can only tweet 2 words so...read Einstein.

@EricDSnider
Embargo or not, I'll tell you what I think of INTERSTELLAR right now: I think I'm seeing it on November 3.

@jhoffman: My thoughts on INTERSTELLAR have been shot into space and will return when the embargo lifts on Monday

Embargo Broken!!! by the Indiewire reviewer
khz2hCJ.png

K8myk0e.png

David Matthews ‏@davidmatthews__ 10m10 minutes ago
I rode all of the same train lines the Ebola doctor did to and from an Interstellar screening. Hope I got Rex Reed.

Ninjimbo

Getting sick out of all the praise. It's making my expectations unrealistic. Somebody call the film a piece of shit so my expectations stay in tact.

Vire

Getting sick out of all the praise. It's making my expectations unrealistic. Somebody call the film a piece of shit so my expectations stay in tact.

:lol

My feelings exactly.

I'm a huge Nolan fan and I adored True Detective... I think my hype for this film is a little unreasonable right now.

Kud Dukan

Wouldn't surprise me if they lift the embargo early, since the impressions have been so positive. Clearly people can't control themselves lol.

badb0y

Reserving my ticket now, I am in NYC what is the best possible way to watch the movie? There's like 3 different prints lol.

Finally!

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

INTERSTELLAR = Men, Women &
Michael Caine
? McConaughey a plus. Logic fuzzy. Nolan bombastic. Melancholy but miserable. Chastain is
Bowie
?

but wait..

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the worst movies I've seen this year, and I've had to suffer through Blended twice. Big misstep for Marvel

Game4life

Banned
Finally!

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

Michael Caine
? McConaughey a plus. Logic fuzzy. Nolan bombastic. Melancholy but miserable. Chastain is
Bowie
?

but wait..

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the worst movies I've seen this year, and I've had to suffer through Blended twice. Big misstep for Marvel

Lol

Vire

Finally!

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

Michael Caine
Bowie
?

but wait..

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

I feel better now.

DMczaf

David Daniel ‏@CNNLADavid · 1m1 minute ago
Wow. Wow. Wow. #Interstellar

I'm Wonderstruck. (And yes, that's a Selznick reference. See it and you'll understand.) #Interstellar

Alicia Malone ‏@aliciamalone 21s21 seconds ago
My tiny brain can barely comprehend what I just saw. #interstellar #nospoilers

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm · 3m 3 minutes ago
Wow

Scott Mantz ‏@MovieMantz · 1m1 minute ago
Just saw #Interstellar #wow

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing · 4m4 minutes ago
Interstellar - Like remembering you can dream. To breathe, cry. To believe in hope again. What was once lost is found again. #InNolanWeTrust

Stanley Wong ‏@SWong37 · 1m1 minute ago
Holy shit. Interstellar is a lot of movie to take in. Was worried about the movie before, but it's pretty great.

Wow. Wow. Wow. #Interstellar

I'm Wonderstruck. (And yes, that's a Selznick reference. See it and you'll understand.) #Interstellar

Alicia Malone ‏@aliciamalone 21s21 seconds ago
My tiny brain can barely comprehend what I just saw. #interstellar #nospoilers

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm · 3m 3 minutes ago
Wow

Scott Mantz ‏@MovieMantz · 1m1 minute ago
Just saw #Interstellar #wow

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing · 4m4 minutes ago
Interstellar - Like remembering you can dream. To breathe, cry. To believe in hope again. What was once lost is found again. #InNolanWeTrust

Stanley Wong ‏@SWong37 · 1m1 minute ago
Holy shit. Interstellar is a lot of movie to take in. Was worried about the movie before, but it's pretty great.

oh shit....

Yolanda Machado ‏@SassyMamainLA · 56s57 seconds ago
Mind= BLOWN #Interstellar

Sasha Perl-Raver ‏@sashaperlraver · 1m1 minute ago
So much to say. So unable. #Interstellar

Dominic Burgess ‏@dominicburgess · 2m2 minutes ago
Interstellar just blew my mind! Thanks @sagaftra @Interstellar AMAZING! #interstellar #space

Neil Kaplan ‏@NeKap · 1m1 minute ago
On a side note: Interstellar is pretty freaking great. Spend the $ to see it in IMAX & settle in for this amazing 2001/Contact/Looper hybrid

Alicia Malone ‏@aliciamalone · 3m3 minutes ago
(and by that I meant: ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. Wow! #Interstellar #nospoilers)

Matt Vincent @MattVincent2112 3m 3 minutes ago
Wow. No words can describe what I just witnessed #interstellar

Abigail Wright @AbbyWt 1m 1 minute ago
Interstellar is like a dream you don't want to wake up from but somehow are glad you did

Richard Grieco @RealRGrieco 2m 2 minutes ago
Nothing will top this film. You will leave the cinema a changed person #interstellar

Mike Vrabel @CoachVrabel50
Nolan has blessed us again. We are not worthy. #notworthy #Nolan #waynesworldreference

DMczaf

What does Anthony Peeler think about Interstellar?

Oh wait, his broke ass can't afford a device that can run Twitter.

James Oster ‏@JimmytotheO 39s39 seconds ago
At the Los Angeles screening of #interstellar for @joblocom! More later but WOW!

Rob Hunter ‏@FakeRobHunter · 1m1 minute ago
Anyone know if the INTERSTELLAR I'll be seeing in two weeks will be the same as the brain-busting, cancer-curing one that screened tonight?

Drewcifer ‏@DrewAtHitFix 33s34 seconds ago Los Angeles, CA

One thing Chris Nolan has never made me do: cry. Until tonight. #INTERSTELLAR

edit: oh come on DMC

Dmc you think the reactions tonight and all are worthy of a thread? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom