• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Results are only viewable after voting.
do japanese get beards like that?

tumblr_lipfu7iNZV1qfocr3o1_500.jpg

Golnei

I like the actual concept of giving Ryu a beard, but the execution isn't that great - it and Bison's look like papier mache. Also, the industry can never truly move forward until it acknowledges that body hair is a thing that exists more often.

Fug. Just because he's in skimpy costume doesn't make him hot. In fact, I always thought he looks gross.

I'd understand that argument against Dhalsim or Sagat, but Zangief didn't become a bara icon without reason. He's definitely intended to be somewhat attractive.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
To everyone saying 'I don't get it, he was shirtless before': congratulations! You just learned that there's a difference between male power fantasy and male sexualisation.

Add a beard and remove a shirt, and this is the kind of reaction you get. No wonder R. Mika's reveal got everyone in such a flurry.

Like most men, his hotness is improved by a point or two on the out of 10 scale with body hair.

Pipe down gurls and take a cold shower, you act like you never seen a sexy bunch of pixels before.

Evilisk

Meh I'm not seeing it. He doesn't seem any hotter with a beard

Can't wait for Urien in SFV though. That's a real hunk, bearded or not

correojon

He looks awesome, hope Capcom had made this his default appearance. I really like this design.

Anyway, I don´t see where the sexualization is, really.

Also, will we one day get a shirtless-Mario? That would kill it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd say the creation of videogames in general is the most significant event in the history of videogames.

IvorB

That's pretty hunky but needs some chest, stomach and arm hair. But Ryu has always been hunky so not sure what all the fuss is about.

Tizoc

Ryu embraced the hobo within, only he made the hobo beard sexier.

People just don't want to admit they got the hots for dat bod and dat beard, and that they want to feel dat SHORYUKEN within them.

Top Bottom