• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Is HOT RYU™ the most significant event in videogame history?

Results are only viewable after voting.
i mean
fei long is literally in spandex shorts with gloves
that's realistic enough

It's not even goofy fanservice either, it's just another Bruce outfit

wbQeiom.png

Breads

Banned
Did racism end when Obama was elected president?

Because these share the same answer.

Sexy Ryu is not the answer we wanted to treating women as objects.

It's nice though.

thatJohann

beards make any man look instantly hotter IMO. Add some chest hair next and he's a stud. reminds me of this hot ass man from superman
0pgCfbo.jpg

Warxard

Banned
I mean it's nothing new, a lot of SFIV Alts have the dudes shirtless.

But...dat beard... :whew:

Personally I prefer DuRag Ryu.

Monocle

LMAO. I had no idea this was a thing but I love it.

His abs don't look anatomically correct. If that's supposed to be his serratus then it sure doesn't look like it.
Dat modern Street Fighter art style. It's always looked terrible to me. Bring back the sprites.

You have to stick to Soul Calibur if you want dudes with passably convincing anatomy.

oti

Banned
What if they made drag costumes for every character?

I recently finished Persona 4G and I still can't let go of that game.

Monocle

Did racism end when Obama was elected president?

Because these share the same answer.

Sexy Ryu is not the answer we wanted to treating women as objects.

It's nice though.
Well I for one approve of this bold step toward equality.

What we need now is this daddy costume as an alt for Ryu in Smash 4.

Piers

I like to think this is Ryu in the later years. I think SFV actually might be after SFIII given Ryu's mastery of 'denjin', Ken's new look, Bison's grey hair and so on.

TheOGB

Banned
Capcom totally needs to play this shit up to the heavens though, that's for sure.
Especially if Alex and Urien are truly on the way

Monocle

Until he blows kisses to the screen, I'm not impressed.

He doesn't seem significantly hotter than previous Ryus. The beard is OK, but I'd like his pants to be shorter and maybe he could be more flirty. He looks too dangerous to be an invitingly hot guy.
He's the Everest of fighting game hunks. Perilous to climb, but well worth the effort!

Capcom totally needs to play this shit up to the heavens though, that's for sure.
Especially if Alex and Urien are truly on the way
Waiting for my hot sailor costume now.

hKdGdL9.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Isn't that pretty subjective?

Of course. But the global waves that Daddy Ryu has generated clearly shows that there is a tipping point of hirstuteness that pushes him from one to the other in the minds of many people.

I guess the beard balances and enhances Ryu's facial features...? Sometimes his brows are draw/modeled quite thin - even though they are very stylish and bushy on the ends - and he has a quite a strong jaw comparatively. The thicker eyebrows + hair + beard balance it all out.

Just blessin' the lords of Capcom for this bearded gift.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Because "suddenly" Ryu is hot? Enough people have pointed out the SF4 costume. What's next, call him hipster Ryu just because he has a beard? Anyway, this seems like a joke thread.

Wew the fumes. I guess the thread full of people salivating over R Mika's butt is a joke thread too.

Metal B

He looks much better with beard and it also makes more sense for his character. He was always pictures as an restless hobo, who travels around the world to look for good fights. Now, he finally looks like one.

It's a pretty big deal to me at least.

Love the look, definitely attractive to me. Then again that's my type.

Make Sexy Bara Ryu the standard from now on Capcom.

They were certainly considering it for SFIV, at least.

tumblr_inline_ntzsf0gFVK1rz2zq5_540.jpg

A shame they couldn't have used a beard closer to the one in that design for this costume...

I said it in the other thread, but I truly believe this would have been a suitable default for Ryu in SFV. It's really good.

Top Bottom