• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've left clues to new game announcements for years

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ElectricFireBlanket don't know if you've seen me around but I really need your help dude I got this thread about BOSS FOUNTAIN and I'd love your endorsement to help me get noticed out. I think I was too subtle and it's not getting the post volume I need to undo my account so if you could drop by in my thread and bump it I'd really appreciate your help thanks

Yea it's probably Kid Icarus. I could get behind that game without the dildos controls of the 3DS.

I could see the Netflix show being Kirby to help promote the new game.

Unison

I'd say things like "I bet we get *insert game here* in threads just prior to announcements. Since I probably won't be around much longer, might as well give whatever knowledge/hints I have left:

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) are coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Themes will arrive with a Dec. 25 update. Free if you own the game or amiibo.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-Little Mac was almost in ARMS. There's a reason he's not.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released

That's all I've got.

super-metroid-final-escape.gif

Appreciate all your posts... Sad to see you go.

Regiruler

Yea it's probably Kid Icarus. I could get behind that game without the dildos controls of the 3DS.

I could see the Netflix show being Kirby to help promote the new game.
The controls will be a loss, not an improvement.

But that's why you do it with a new game and not a remake as such a dramatic change would be fine given that the game is on the older side.

Members like EBF making neogaf what it was on both OT and gaming side. Now that they are leaving, people still gonna harp about how gaf gonna be better?

Members like EBF making neogaf what it was on both OT and gaming side. Now that they are leaving, people still gonna harp about how gaf gonna be better?

GAF will survive, grow and new insiders will post. It's not the end of the World that some are making out. It's a new chapter for both those that chose to stay and those that decide to leave.

K-Gun

This is probably the best thread you've made in a while.

Definitely a sign that things are not the same.

I'd say things like "I bet we get *insert game here* in threads just prior to announcements. Since I probably won't be around much longer, might as well give whatever knowledge/hints I have left:

-A sequel to a 3DS game is coming to Switch. Remember what was said about new character inclusion for Smash.
-Netflix (but not Hulu) are coming Q1. Announcement will be tied with a Netflix-produced show.
-Metroid Prime 4 will have a subtitle that people know, Q4 at the earliest. First footage in January Direct.
-A new spinoff is coming exclusively to the eShop using assets from a game already released

That's all I've got.

<3

I'll get a Switch next year prolly

There will still be leaks and inside info, just wait for the dust to settle and tempers to come down.

But they won't originate on GAF, they'll originate elsewhere and be cross posted here. Check most gaming news sites, and you'll see just how often GAF is quoted as a first source.

Wamb0wneD

That's all I've got.

Oh my fucking god man... You can't do this to me lol. Bless you. Hope to see you elsewhere!

- I don't remember what was said about character inclusion in Smash though, so I'm unsure what 3DS sequel you're talking about.
- That netflix series just has to be Zelda. I hope it's better than the deathnote stuff...
- Having them free If I own the game is actually cool. Hoping for something nice splatoon or zelda related.
- First footage in January Direct... Don't do this to me...Oh my god... The only title that has been thrown around here was dread no? This is so fucking hype. I'll miss you :/
- Fuuuuuuck me. I needs a Punchout game on Switch yesterday.
- That last one is confusing tbh.

Please PM me if you have a place to go after this, I'll follow you.

kmax

That's all I've got.

B8FWjktIgAAFgOu.png

See you, space cowboy

bigosc2k

Banned

That's all I've got.

Come to the resetera man

Griss

That's all I've got.

Damn, I always enjoyed reading your posts. My guesses:

-Kid Icarus is the 3DS sequel
-Metroid Prime 4: Hunters
-Punch Out!! is coming to Switch, maybe a port of the Wii version
-Zelda archery or something similar as the spinoff

GAF will survive, grow and new insiders will post. It's not the end of the World that some are making out. It's a new chapter for both those that chose to stay and those that decide to leave.

You have the cart before the horse here. This site became extremely popular because of the insiders and devs that posted here, that is was grew the community. Now that the community is fractured and there is a cloud above the name neogaf why would an insider choose to post here again instead of another site with a clean history?

That's all I've got.

Where can we find you tho? We can still hang out. ;_;

Flintty

A leaving post from someone with value. Sorry to see you go and thanks for the useful post (better than the ‘look at me’ posts from whoever unknown).

AAMARMO

Banned
Yeah, I'm going to copy ElectricBlanketFire and say goodbye to this amazing forum that I have been a part of since 2014 its been a great run and I can't wait to see you on the other side.

Firstly:

Square Enix has a partnership with Nintendo to help fund the most highly anticipated sequel The World Ends With You 2 produce by Tetsuya Nomura and development help by Intelligent Systems along with Square. The game is scheduled to release Q4 2019 in Japan but things might change. Nintendo will also have an exclusive Final Fantasy game that is a remake of the first entry however it will heavily focus on Co-Op so a monster hunter like game. Also surprisingly Mistwalker is helping oversee the project to make sure it has the original feel. Square Enix is also planning to bring a Final Fantasy XV port to switch however that is still in early development it also might be coming out the same as Project Final Fantasy Versus-XV ;)

Capcom is also working with Nintendo closely as they are providing an exclusive Mega Man game next Holiday for Nintendo Switch. Not much really to say here it's 2.5D and includes Smash Bros Mega Man. They are also testing ports of there old games to Switch like Resident Evil 4, Okami and Viewtiful Joe.

Speaking of Capcom lets talk what Platinum games are doing. They are working with Bandi Namco to create 3 license games, the first game they are making is a Sailor Moon game that is an action/adventure game. the game has a similar budget to Transformers however if this project is successful they will have more funding for there next game. One game I'm certain that will be next in the Bandi Namco partnership is Cowboy Bebop, according to few sources its Metal Gear meets Blade Runner they said during the planning stage, however, this might be their last game they will do in this partnership. I really don't know about the 3rd game some are saying its Dragon Ball or Gundam so I'm not certain about it. These games are planned to come out on PS4, PC and Switch no info on Xbox version sorry. Now, what about there next original IP? Well its heavily inspired by classic SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive) games such as After Burner, Golden Axe and Street of Rage. Due to come out it in2019 might be Nintendo Switch Exclusive.

And last one thing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom