• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Tretton: 12,000 PS4s sold out in 27 mins @ Amazon (average of 19,000,000/month)

Copenap

Is this part of Sony's Retail Strategy?

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Business and Sales (I'm an expert), but sales velocity is huge part of it. It's not like it is the real world where you can become successful by selling more than the competition. If you sell slower, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to sell faster.

What this means is the business suits, after hearing about the Xbone selling faster in November, are not going to want to purchase Sony stocks, nor will they purchase any of Sonys products. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly announce faster sales than the Xbone or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Business and Sales (I'm an expert), but sales velocity is huge part of it. It's not like it is the real world where you can become successful by selling more than the competition. If you sell slower, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to sell faster.

What this means is the business suits, after hearing about the Xbone selling faster in November, are not going to want to purchase Sony stocks, nor will they purchase any of Sonys products. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly announce faster sales than the Xbone or you can kiss your business goodbye.

9/10

Boss Man

major_nelson_working_hard-95588.gif
Hahah!

I saw him do this shit on a Titanfall video too and tried to get someone to .gif it.

Chobel

LMAO, I'm fucking dying here.

iJudged

Banned

Funny-gif-Steve-Carell-The-Office-no-no.gif

Must be an error on your side.

Here's a more sophisticated estimate.

KiaK8i0.jpg

No matter how you spin it, sales for this generation are going to be about 2 billion units sold within the next 8 years. You can probably double that due to lower prices in the future.

Sony is modestly reaching its fiscal estimate

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
MS and Sony should spend the month of December congratulating each other for all the irrelevant sales metrics they smash.

"Hey, congrats on being the fastest to sell a dozen consoles after 3:59 AM EST!"

"Thanks, you guys aren't looking too shabby either with that record number of boxes sold to gingers during a full moon."

jsip

Banned
They only shipped 12k? The demand must be dwindling, especially since XO was shipping 100k every day. Sony lost this one. Over the course of 9 days 12k is a measly number. Bail, guys. Sony is done.

terrisus

That extrapolation...

Hey, there was a second where one WiiU was sold...
Extrapolate that over the entire month... 2,592,000!

Alebrije

A lot of people got Xbone just because they did not find PS4 , pretty sure once PS4 is avaliable they will get one.

jax

Banned
The hype will die. Everyone who really wants a PS4 will get one in 2013, hardly anyone will buy one in 2014 until September. If people really think the PS4's momentum won't die ... I dunno what to tell you except you're wrong, I guess.

edit: same goes for the xbox

Insane Metal

Gold Member

Fucking hell, I love these posts.... LMAO

edit:

We always go on average. That is how GAF NPD works. But now that the avg, that Sony presented, doesnt work in favor of Xbone. We contend that, fuck avg, they sold 12,000 in 27mins the rest of the launch minutes dont count.

Now that I get this post... hahahahahahahahahhahah... this is glorious my friends... glorious.

Nafai1123

Banned
The hype will die. Everyone who really wants a PS4 will get one in 2013, hardly anyone will buy one in 2014 until September. If people really think the PS4's momentum won't die ... I dunno what to tell you except you're wrong, I guess.

I feel like this post was ripped out of the anals of history in regards to the Wii.

A lot of people got Xbone just because they did not find PS4 , pretty sure once PS4 is avaliable they will get one.

I'm not really sold on this idea. These are $400 and $500 consoles.

It's not as though someone is buying a pack of gum but the store doesn't have their favorite flavor so they just grab another kind instead. They're pretty big purchases for a lot of people.

Pop

It's like Sony will just stop producing systems. I guess if there's no systems in stores then no one can buy one.

Kyoufu

Bookmarked so I can laugh at this in 2014.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

EVERY-one?

You heard it here first folks. Not a single PS4 or XBONE will sell starting January 1 2014.

Top Bottom