• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaw Dropping Moments in Gaming

intbal

I bought a Voodoo 2 in 1998. Got the demo for Forsaken from a magazine. It had an uncapped framerate and a very fast rendering engine.
It was the first time my eyes had ever seen a game running at over 100fps. And this was on a pretty good CRT.
It was otherworldly.
I have still never seen anything like that.
Other games from that era pushed harder on the graphical fidelity and common "high framerates" were in the 50-75fps range.

FukuDaruma

Probably still the most insane reaction to a game reveal in history, back when megatons existed before the dark days of social media career leakers. I heard from my uncle who worked at Nintendo (he cleaned Donkey Kong's cage) that almost every person in the room was later admitted to local hospitals with dislocated jaws.

That Conan The Barbarian shameless ripped off music made more than half of the awesomeness... :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Kat in her costume most beautiful.

tumblr_pb9hcoJmS81shrg27o6_1280.jpg

Hunnybun

In over 30 years of gaming I don't think anything compares with the first few experiences in VR. I think specifically Astrobot was when I was just truly blown away.

Can't wait for PSVR2.

Top Bottom