• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Bloodborne - Bring out the Gimp!

witness

I can never catch him live, but I always watch it on YouTube after. Jeff is a great personality, I met him once long ago when GFW Radio was rocking and rolling. Great guy, I can watch him stream any game and he can make it entertaining. Hope he gets on a podcast again.

VWusnlS.gif

So I finally got Bloodborne, and after a warmup period, I finally bested two a-hole bosses....

I thought... surely I'm past Uncle Jeff.... but JESUS, he's already on his sixth stream!

I'll never be in the Jeff Green Master Class at this rate.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
So I finally got Bloodborne, and after a warmup period, I finally bested two a-hole bosses....

I thought... surely I'm past Uncle Jeff.... but JESUS, he's already on his sixth stream!

I'll never be in the Jeff Green Master Class at this rate.

You gotta catch up. Maybe Jeff will summon you for a boss fight again. Just like old times.

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

Rough day with the back, so I have to skip streaming tonight. (Also had to skip Bunch O' Dads taping :( ) On the plus side: more codeine!

You gotta catch up. Maybe Jeff will summon you for a boss fight again. Just like old times.

Do you think Jeff-Ojisan-Senpai would notice me?

Just got humiliated by the
Fiddler on the Roof
in Old Yarmingblargin (spelling). EEEeuuuaaaarrraaauuaauaaaaggghh.

Can't wait to see how Jeff handles that aye-hole.

Loving the stream (and the game!) so far but I really wish people would resist the urge to tell Jeff what to do. I just watched his second attempt at
Father G
and people were practically writing a strategy guide in chat. I could understand if he'd been banging his head against a wall for two hours, but it's his second attempt for Christ's sake! Let the man play the game his way and discover stuff on his own.

That said, having read all the chat I'm something of an expert now, so Jeff, if you're reading I have two really important pieces of advice for you as you make your way through the game:
  1. Always lock on
  2. Never lock on.

Sande

Loving the stream (and the game!) so far but I really wish people would resist the urge to tell Jeff what to do. I just watched his second attempt at
Father G
and people were practically writing a strategy guide in chat. I could understand if he'd been banging his head against a wall for two hours, but it's his second attempt for Christ's sake! Let the man play the game his way and discover stuff on his own.

That said, having read all the chat I'm something of an expert now, so Jeff, if you're reading I have two really important pieces of advice for you as you make your way through the game:
  1. Always lock on
  2. Never lock on.
I agree, the backseating has been pretty bad so far. I bet if Jeff hadn't figured out the music box right away himself, it would have been spoiled within seconds anyway. Did he even get a chance to find it on his own?

I think Bloodborne heavily favors locking on. It just allows a more in-your-face play style that Bloodborne encourages and the new dodge is just amazing.

Jintor

Man if jeff had higher dps this fight would be over already. The man knows how to dodge

/edit got momentarily confused - wrong jeff

Father G
Chat has always been like this with all of the Souls game playthroughs, and it extended to his REmake streams too. It's beyond tedious to see it re-occur every single time. And as of late I actively have to cover up chat's insatiable need to coddle Jeff every step of the way - including actions he's already been doing or spelling out shortcuts right as he enters a new area - with it being part of the screen now, but I'm guessing it's more practical for Jeff that way (as opposed to looking over to a separate device like before) given his back's condition.

Either way, I'm not seeing the tone of the chat changing any time soon; the mods seldomly rein it in and the brunt of Jeff's viewers ignore his "no backseating" requests anyways when he does ask nicely.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Chat has always been like this with all of the Souls game playthroughs, and it extended to his REmake streams too. It's beyond tedious to see it re-occur every single time. And as of late I actively have to cover up chat's insatiable need to coddle Jeff every step of the way - including actions he's already been doing or spelling out shortcuts right as he enters a new area - with it being part of the screen now, but I'm guessing it's more practical for Jeff that way (as opposed to looking over to a separate device like before) given his back's condition.

Either way, I'm not seeing the tone of the chat changing any time soon; the mods seldomly rein it in and the brunt of Jeff's viewers ignore his "no backseating" requests anyways when he does ask nicely.

I've been making comments on his gameplay, but only stuff along the lines of things like "hiding behind the coffins is good, but keep in mind if you can hit him he can also hit you". Other than that, I don't have the game myself, so I couldn't spoil anything even if I wanted to. Anyway, I hope stuff like that doesn't bother people/Jeff and if it does I had no clue about that.

An-Det

Heads up.

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
Tomorrow is Easter, which I believe translates into Hebrew as "I think I'll livestream Bloodborne."

"not sure but probably around noon Pacific."

Zafir

I agree, the backseating has been pretty bad so far. I bet if Jeff hadn't figured out the music box right away himself, it would have been spoiled within seconds anyway. Did he even get a chance to find it on his own?

I think Bloodborne heavily favors locking on. It just allows a more in-your-face play style that Bloodborne encourages and the new dodge is just amazing.

The only problem is some bosses are so large that it can actually be disadvantageous due to poor camera angles. That said, it's all player preference so it's a bit pointless telling people which to do. I'm sure Jeff is capable of figuring out which works best for him.

As for the Music Box, he found it himself from what I remember.

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

Happy Easter! I will be resurrecting my Bloodborne livestream at noon Pacific for my spiritual meeting with Father Gascoigne. Hallelujah!

so1337

I'm only two streams in. Does that tweet imply that he's still banging his head against Father Gascoigne after 6 streams?

Mindlog

Bad advice!
Stagger then roll in while spamming R1.
Rolling in gets you there faster and riposte interrupts the roll animation, but standard R1 does not. Rolling into the visceral is very very effective.

Just to reiterate. Rolling in after a parry is the super easy way to get the follow-up visceral attack.
Grats.

Zafir

Last time he could have killed him with a pebble. So close but he got greedy.
To be fair to him, it was the shitty health bar. xD

I've had the same thing happen a few times where I've thought an enemy was dead because they have no visible life left, but they're still alive.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's really refreshing to see him go for parries way more often and successfully than in the past games.

DmAc2k6

I felt like a proud father watching their child finally ride a bike for the first time watching Jeff beat Father G. That's kinda funny since he's old enough to be my dad.

E92 M3

*Shakes cane at thread*

Catching up on all of episodes via Youtube. LOVE Green and hope he does make another podcast with Shawn. GFW was so fucking funny.

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

Nothing can stop me from destroying the pesky demons of Bloodborne--not even a fucked up spine! The GimpCast begins at 5 pm Pacific!

Top Bottom