• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls II - The real Black Dragon starts here

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

Last big deadline of 2014 = I should not stream tonight, kidz! Staycation coming up next week, though, so stay tuned!

pancasdf

Neo Member
Now that GFWL is being replaced by Steamworks, I kinda wanna do another play-through of Dark Souls 1 as a tribute to Jeff's character Xanthor.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So, running through these old broadcasts. Overall it's a good shit-show and I can see a player doing the things Jeff does. Then there are times where it's just complete and UTTER terrible play that I'm sitting here thinking "Is he serious. . .?" The button mashing, the Flasking in front of and after a boss attack, running over items that drop in the environment without picking them up, insistence on keeping his shield up and spamming R2.

The amount of hours dude put into Dark Souls 1, I feel like he should have learned something, but I suppose that is the draw - he hasn't.

So, running through these old broadcasts. Overall it's a good shit-show and I can see a player doing the things Jeff does. Then there are times where it's just complete and UTTER terrible play that I'm sitting here thinking "Is he serious. . .?" The button mashing, the Flasking in front of and after a boss attack, running over items that drop in the environment without picking them up, insistence on keeping his shield up and spamming R2.

The amount of hours dude put into Dark Souls 1, I feel like he should have learned something, but I suppose that is the draw - he hasn't.

He learns! He just has Dad lyfe between sessions, which totally makes remembering video game stuff really hard.

Plus he plays lots of other games for his 9-5 job.

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

I am mere hours away from the start of my Christmas vacation and I cannot wait to put my brain in cryo-freeze.

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

And yes I will be livestreaming during my vacation. Having my brain in cryo-freeze will not alter my skills in Dark Souls 2, I'm sure.

JustinBB7

Jeff is talking about GOTY stuff on 8-Bits now: http://www.twitch.tv/djwheat

He pronounced Wolfenstein as Wolfenstien so I called him a jew as a joke, and he read it lmao. Just to be clear, I didn't mean that in an offensive way Jeff! You always say it about yourself haha. Was pretty funny though when he read it.

eot

Banned
I watched the LKG fight. The estus spam at the end by the summon, I wonder if that was a callback to that incident in the parish during the diarrhea stream? :D or maybe it just was some random.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Jeff Green @Greenspeak

I am mere hours away from the start of my Christmas vacation and I cannot wait to put my brain in cryo-freeze.

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

And yes I will be livestreaming during my vacation. Having my brain in cryo-freeze will not alter my skills in Dark Souls 2, I'm sure.

Jeff da god, so good at Dark Souls his brain isn't even required.

An-Det

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
Today's Euro-friendly Dark Souls 2 livestream will begin at !2:30 PM Pacific! Do with that what you will. twitch.tv/greenspeak

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
!2:30 is my new martian time scheme I hope you like it!

pancasdf

Neo Member
Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
Today's Euro-friendly Dark Souls 2 livestream will begin at !2:30 PM Pacific! Do with that what you will. twitch.tv/greenspeak

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
!2:30 is my new martian time scheme I hope you like it!

I won't be able to watch this one live; traveling with family. :(

I'm starting to get a hang of all your crazy time zones!
(i just added a New York and an LA clock to the windows traybar. :p)

I memorized the regular time differences. I need to add 6 hours for Eastern and 9 for Pacific to get my own time. Works all year except for like 2-3 weeks when the stupid DST shit starts kicking in at different dates.

Sande

I don't know how much I missed but he's still in the same exact spot. I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Wait, I just heard him say "hour and a half". No wonder he's getting pissed. I think I struggled that long at launch when I stubbornly stuck to melee, just like Jeff seems to be doing.

An-Det

Extra long stream today. The Shrine of Amana tortured Jeff, but it was worth it in the end. Also potentially another stream tomorrow.

Was just looking at a map of the game to see what was left and realized he's way further in the game than I thought. Aside from DLC areas, there's not too much left before the final stretch unless he's skipped over anything important that I've forgotten.

chogidogs

Extra long stream today. The Shrine of Amana tortured Jeff, but it was worth it in the end. Also potentially another stream tomorrow.

Was just looking at a map of the game to see what was left and realized he's way further in the game than I thought.

I'd put a spoiler on those since Jeff visits this thread from time to time.

2AdEPT

Great stream was glad to be there is person for a change. The perseverance paid off in the end...classic Green. There were lots of cat callers that said he would buckle on this level back when he started this run....took a long episode, but did it in "one."

An-Det

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
Dark Souls 2 livestream update! 4:30 PM Pacific. That would be one hour from now! Huzzah! Twitch.tv/greenspeak

Can't post the link in the chat but I fixed the cover for Jeff's Dark Souls 2 guide:

HFw3MW0.png

Acerac

Banned
Every time this thread gets bumped I see "Dark Souls" and get excited for a moment, then realize it's this same thread and immediately become sad.

Every time this thread gets bumped I see "Dark Souls" and get excited for a moment, then realize it's this same thread and immediately become sad.

You should feel sad if seeing this thread doesn't bring you utter joy. I feel sad that you don't know what you are missing . You should try taking a ride on the Black Dragon, it will change your life.

pancasdf

Neo Member
I'm back from the Voyage of the Damned (aka: Christmas with my family) and I'm getting caught up with the two most recent streams I missed.

Quick audio suggestion for Jeff: invest in a headphone amp with volume control (example: I use the Schiit Magni). That way, you can adjust your headphone volume without changing any of the stream audio settings.

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

Dark Souls 2 livestream shall commence today in about 1 hour, at 5 pm Pacific. But don't watch me, watch takethis.org/stream/ !!

Top Bottom