• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 on PS4 has 3min 30 sec loadings (post Day One patch)

ironcreed

Banned
Reading the other thread I'm sure it's server hiccups and not the game loading that long. It's also on both.

Must be. As I have watched a ton of footage from all versions and never noticed anything that nefarious.The guy I quoted also has the Xbox One version and confirmed he has never ran into it either.

LycanXIII

The loading icon is even more puzzling. I thought it was part of cert requirements that a loading icon needs to animate at all times to make lock ups more visible.

It actually is animated. It has a circle that fills up as it loads, it's jut that slow you don't notice it move.

People are actually believing three and a half minute loading times are going to be the norm? lol
That's 3 - 4 times longer than the worst offenders this gen.

Here is a video I just made. This is without day 1 patch and hence the game starts in offline mode. The patch is still downloading for me since I have a rather slow connection and the patch is <3 GB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuDn795u-8

30 secs load times here. So like I said, the load times are random and certainly don't average out more than 3 minutes. The connection to server issue could be another factor in long load times.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hopefully they can sort this out, gaming time is limited and I don't want to waste time waiting.

Protome

Here is a video I just made. This is without day 1 patch and hence the game starts in offline mode. The patch is still downloading for me since I have a rather slow connection and the patch is <3 GB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuDn795u-8

30 secs load times here. So like I said, the load times are random and certainly don't average out more than 3 minutes. The connection to server issue could be another factor in long load times.

The connection to server thing shows even if it happens during loading, so im sure that would have been noticed if it were a factor. The initial load for me on PS4 is at least 3 minutes, other loads haven't seemed as bad.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The connection to server thing shows even if it happens during loading, so im sure that would have been noticed if it were a factor. The initial load for me on PS4 is at least 3 minutes, other loads haven't seemed as bad.

So everyone playing the PS4 version sees 20-30 second load times after dying?

Sounds to me like there might be something wrong with the OP article writer's setup.

Krakn3Dfx

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

*gets up to use the restroom and make a sandwich, comes back*

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamm.

SJRB

Gold Member
This game's optimization is pretty weird. Loading times are seemingly random, but can be excruciatingly long for no reason. It's also bizarre to see this many loading screens for tiny cutscenes and stuff, it feels pretty "last-gen" in that regard.

I'm also noticing an increasing amount of mini-stuttering the last 15 minutes or so, not sure where the hell that's coming from but I don't want to restart the game because the initial loading is easily the most insane of all.

It might be a server-connection error though, the game basically locks up when it tries to connect to the servers, the connection process takes about 20 to 30 seconds. Super interested to see Digital Foundry's thoughts on this game.

kiguel182

Well that sucks.

I'm playing Witcher 3 and the loadings there are the worst. Make dying an even bigger pain in the ass. This is definitely worse.

Honestly, I don't care anymore about initial loading time since I always use the rest mode, I'm back in the game in no time. As I usually play one game at a time, it's a minor issue for me.

Bought the PC verison this morning. This game has been shown on PC up until like 3 days ago. It's blatantly a PC game. 3 and a half minutes is too long. The framerate on the PS4 video's looked really dodgy too

Karak

Not seeing that long of ones here or elsewhere but have seen some 1+ minute ones. As well as the odd as hell pause for connecting to the server for no reason.

But people should brace themselves for another title with different performance across like console systems. Already got to see 3 different PS4's and 2 Xbox Ones have issues where the same system didn't(same HD's as well). Reminds me a lot of Fallout 4.

Mechazawa

Vinny from Giant Bomb said load times can be bad even on PC so console it's just gonna be worse

That's weird, because every time I've seen Vinny die, it's usually just a 5 second-ish load time.

3 minute load times between deaths is unplayable. I'm writing this off as a weird bug.

MMaRsu

Banned
Honestly, I don't care anymore about initial loading time since I always use the rest mode, I'm back in the game in no time. As I usually play one game at a time, it's a minor issue for me.

Since you die often its quite annoying actually.

RaptorGTA

Well I was gonna buy on PS4...now I'm thinking XBone...does either console offer preloading if you order through their market?

Earlier today (early hours of the morning, actually) we posted a rather Marmite article on Just Cause 3’s load times and frame rates. Some have called into question our integrity, even going as far to claim that we don’t even have the game. Shame on you. Uploading the vast amounts of footage we have takes time, plus our everyday lives dictate we don’t sit in front a computer for 20 hours a day, so these things take time.

There isn't a single thing I don't love about this paragraph.

Xando

Not sure what they did to get those loading times but my PS4 loading times are nowhere near this long (Have a SSHD though).

Top Bottom