• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 on PS4 has 3min 30 sec loadings (post Day One patch)

Maffis

Can't they stream parts of the world while playing instead of loading the entire island.

Then again I don't know if that is even possible. Mad Max had pretty good loading times but this game uses alot more assets.

Demoskinos

Not going to say this is acceptable but considering the size of the map? I wouldn't doubt it has long initial load times.

I'm on xbox one and embargo free since I got it via retail. Let's see how this goes.

*edit*

The initiall load sure is a doozy. Let's see how the rest of the game runs.

Foffy

Banned
You joke but people actually said things like this regarding Bloodborne's ridiculous loading.

"It makes me think about what I've done"

image.php

It's OK. It gives the player time to check the Internet, start dinner, or something else. That was the response I saw used for Bloodborne pre-patch by many.

Hoje0308

Banned
It's OK. It gives the player time to check the Internet, start dinner, or something else. That was the response I saw used for Bloodborne pre-patch by many.

I put so many hours into that game before the patch. Fucking hell.

Lol dude Im playing the game on ps4 myself. I dont need df to tell me this game has major slowdown and hitching.

What's your best guess on how bad the drops are? I saw that you experienced single frames at least once, but are most drops to 25fps or are they 20 and lower?

MMaRsu

Banned
I put so many hours into that game before the patch. Fucking hell.

What's your best guess on how bad the drops are? I saw that you experienced single frames at least once, but are most drops to 25fps or are they 20 and lower?

Going by my blind eye? Id say it drops to around 20 fps or something close to that. It struggles to run 30fps at any time.

Futurematic

Single studio internal game engines are always the best.
To be fair they are a two studio developer 😃 and UE4 was not an option when they started, with UE3 worse than their own stuff for next generation open worlds—both Mad Max and JC3 have been in development a long time. That said yeah they should switch to UE4 now and take the tool chain hit and leverage their own tech as middleware. I believe we agree that most major developers should do that, or similar, outside a few like EA's Frostbite success and Ubi's madness (since that's just hilarious by now).

Edit
What about Killzone SF's engine?

Sony studios share a lot of tech, and have the ICE team to coordinate. I imagine Horizon/Uncharted 4 using different engines for instance is more a matter of the extra internal technical resources prestige first party studios get. In that EA has to make Frostbite do lots of things, while GG and ND can spend extra money to focus on just what they want.

Grief.exe

How were the load times in Fallout 4 on console?

I'm sure an SSD would help, but the extremely outdated CPUs will consistently be the bottleneck. Isn't the PS4 SATAII as well?

Yoshi88

It's really baffling. The load times are all over the place, going by my experience of roughly 7 hours.

I got really long load screens of several minutes (!!), but also sometimes only lasting seconds. The long times seem to be more apparent when dying. It really goes against the sandbox vibe of "go do shit, don't care about dying and respawn right where you were" they advertised, when i have to wait ca. 3 minutes to respawn.

And with challenges it's even more confusing, they have to load several times. I got times from a few seconds to minutes here. If you want to restart, to gain more points (let's face it, this will be often) it loads the complete challenge again, often with longer load times than on your initial try.

I hope, there will be sort of a second day-one patch. God, look at what i'm even wishing for, it's a bit pathetic, isn't it?

MMaRsu

Banned
It's really baffling. The load times are all over the place, going by my experience of roughly 7 hours.

I got really long load screens of several minutes (!!), but also sometimes only lasting seconds. The long times seem to be more apparent when dying. It really goes against the sandbox vibe of "go do shit, don't care about dying and respawn right where you were" they advertised, when i have to wait ca. 3 minutes to respawn.

And with challenges it's even more confusing, they have to load several times. I got times from a few seconds to minutes here. If you want to restart, to gain more points (let's face it, this will be often) it loads the complete challenge again, often with longer load times than on your initial try.

I hope, there will be sort of a second day-one patch. God, look at what i'm even wishing for, it's a bit pathetic, isn't it?

I think its time to trade this game back in :/.

The long load times are what happens when you create a so large and pointless. Smaller world with more shit to do and shorter load times is what this series needed after two, not a larger world with even less shit to do and longer load tomes.

Hoje0308

Banned
Going by my blind eye? Id say it drops to around 20 fps or something close to that. It struggles to run 30fps at any time.

Goddamnit, I've really been looking forward to this too. I'll wait to see if either console version gets patched to run reasonably well, but I'm not putting more time into another open-world game that runs poorly.

Karak

Goddamnit, I've really been looking forward to this too. I'll wait to see if either console version gets patched to run reasonably well, but I'm not putting more time into another open-world game that runs poorly.

Honestly its been rare where these kind of FPS drops especially ones based around alpha transparencies and such have gotten patched up to suitable FPS. I would love to be wrong but it hits the consoles hard as hell. Spent most my time with the PS4 version and then another maybe 3 hours with the Xbox One other than resolution they both get hammered equally.

Top Bottom