• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 on PS4 has 3min 30 sec loadings (post Day One patch)

Matush

Earlier today (early hours of the morning, actually) we posted a rather Marmite article on Just Cause 3’s load times and frame rates. Some have called into question our integrity, even going as far to claim that we don’t even have the game. Shame on you. Uploading the vast amounts of footage we have takes time, plus our everyday lives dictate we don’t sit in front a computer for 20 hours a day, so these things take time.

We do now have a quick upload of the game’s load screens. As you can see in the video below, once Rico breaks free from his mortal coil, the loading screens make out-stay their welcome by quite a bit. It’s roughly three-and-a-half minutes of loading screens. Ouch, but at least you can go and make a cup of tea while you wait for Rico to get his groove back on.

http://www.thegamescabin.com/just-c...ee-and-a-half-minutes-of-boring-load-screens/

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL7Ei8pdrR8

Holy sh*t, one of, if not the longest loading screen this gen?

Alienous

That might be a temporary deal breaker on the PS4 (or non-PC) version.

I can't handle that much pressure not to fail.

tumblr_nq1whalh9t1tzi2c0o1_400.gif

kadotsu

Banned
The loading icon is even more puzzling. I thought it was part of cert requirements that a loading icon needs to animate at all times to make lock ups more visible.

The loading times are random and not all of them are that long. This is coming off from someone who has been playing the game for a while.

That said, the loading times are definitely long. They remind me a lot of BloodBorne.

The initial load of the game is large - akin to GTA. Subsequent loads are shorter. This is not news. This site is reaching for a news story.

Foffy

Banned
The initial load of the game is large - akin to GTA. Subsequent loads are shorter. This is not news. This site is reaching for a news story.

..Did you watch the video? This is a load time after the player has already loaded up the game world.

They might be pulling a Sonic 06 where everything gets reloaded when one enters a fail state or something.

Liamc723

Did you even watch the video? It was clear that the load wasn't an initial one.

That load time is completely unacceptable. Atrocious.

Matush

Watch/read before posting next time I guess, this isn't initial loading, they simply died and had to wait 3min30sec for respawn, it's not the same as GTA V (and I don't think even GTA has 3min initial loading).

I think the load times depend on the situation. Mid-mission failure results in faster load times while sometimes if we die during exploration, they can be long. I never really tried to experiment on what causes the randomness.

Heck even some of the challenges that we can do have load times on retry. They are the shortest out of the bunch but this definitely makes them tedious and a chore to retry again.

MauroNL

Sheez I thought Avalanche's Mad Max had long loading times but this is just way worse. I hope Xbox One version is not even longer.

This takes git gud to a whole new meaning

Ridley327

How were the load times in Mad Max? That would be important to consider, because this was made by Avalanche's sister studio in NY.

I think the load times depend on the situation. Mid-mission failure results in faster load times while sometimes if we die during exploration, they can be long. I never really tried to experiment on what causes the randomness.

Heck even some of the challenges that we can do have load times on retry. They are the shortest out of the bunch but this definitely makes them tedious and a chore to retry again.

What's a faster loading time? Eternity?

How were the load times in Mad Max? That would be important to consider, because this was made by Avalanche's sister studio in NY.

PC wise is all I can commentate on, but they weren't bad at all. Someone above pointed out that even the PC suffers from longer loading times.

bounchfx

that's pretty unacceptable. goddam. It's like one third of how long the morrowind loading times were on xbox, though.

This paradigm is usually more about 45-60 second initial loads.

This also is a death load.

Did you even watch the video? It was clear that the load wasn't an initial one.

That load time is completely unacceptable. Atrocious.

Watch/read before posting next time I guess, this isn't initial loading, they simply died and had to wait 3min30sec for respawn, it's not the same as GTA V (and I don't think even GTA has 3min initial loading).

I have. This is not a regular occurrence with the game.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Just Cause.

This year has not been good for loading screens.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I really need to stop reading youtube comments, or find an app to convert them. Fuck. Also that's pretty atrocious.

judging from that video that's the loading after you die?!?

holy shit that's gotta be a new record. lol
that's gotta be a bug/glitch or something right?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How can this be "post day one patch" when the game isn't out yet (officially at least). Has anyone considered more patches on the way for the actual "day one"?
Day one patches are often out before release day. No clue if that's the case here.

farisr

Damn, that sucks for the folks looking forward to this game.

I for one am glad that it isn't my cup of tea.

After that, I got into a 40-50 second loading screen as soon as you press start game which is bad but after that, any death or failure resulted in a 15-20 second loading screen. I don't know if that is better on PS4 or if you install it on an SSD because I'm using a regular ass 1TB WD HDD.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=186582341#post186582341

Another gaffer who has the game (on Xbox One though) proves otherwise, wondering if it is a PS4 specific issue.

Top Bottom