• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 patch and DLC hitting tomorrow - improves loading and performance

MauroNL

Hello Everyone,
Just Cause 3’s first content pack entitled SKY FORTRESS will be available on March 8th for all holders of the AIR, LAND AND SEA Expansion Pass and will go on general sale on March 15th.

In preparation for the new AIR, LAND & SEA Expansion Pass content, the main game will also be receiving a new update on Friday March 4th that includes the following fixes:

- Reduced initial loading time and in-game loading screens by 20-50%
- Fixed several memory leaks resulting in crashes
- Reduced a number of random crashes
- Improved streaming of game world
- Some performance optimizations related to hitches and stuttering

- Implemented DLC system in preparation of the Air, Land and Sea packages

The SKY FORTRESS pack will be priced at $11.99 / €11.99 / £9.49 whilst the AIR, LAND & SEA Expansion Pass is available for $24.99 / €24.99 / £19.99. All three content packs will be available before the end of summer 2016 and released one week early to Expansion Pass holders.
https://justcause.com/en-us/blog/sky-fortress-release-date-and-patch-notes

Finally. I have been putting my playthrough of Just Cause 3 on Xbox One on hold before a decent patch was released to improve the horrendous performance on Xbox One I posted about in December. I sincerely hope this improves things.

lcap

Really hoping for this as well. Bought the game and the season pass and have been holding playing it until performance is improved.

Whoo! Needed to get back to this!
lOxsxag.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't think I'd ever come back to this, but now I can. What a fuckin' fumble beforehand.

I was really excited for this game until I heard about the performance. I will be watching closely and may grab it if y'all say its improved!

I would really love to get back into it, but like Watch_Dogs before it (no shooting out of cars), one admission left the game feeling fundamentally poorly designed (lack of sprint.)

I meant I get trying to push people to get creative with the movement tools but leaving out sprint in a 2016 game is just embarrassing.

Kezen

Banned
Already runs nearly all the time at 60fps except completely surrounded by explosions so not looking forward to this too much.
There will also be DX12 support for PC with improved visuals (PC only).

This session will cover the changes Avalanche made to their engine to match DX12’s pipeline, the implementation process and best practices from DX12. We’ll also showcase and discuss the PC exclusive features enabled thanks to DX12 such as Ordered Independent Transparency, and G-buffer blending using Raster Ordered Views and light assignment for clustered shading using Conservative Rasterization.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/dx12-3-pc-gbuffer-conservative-rasterization/#ixzz41s110qF6

I haven't played in a while because the load times on PC were still a bit too much, but I did enjoy myself in the game. Haven't beaten it yet though, so if this does good work, I'll be back in for realz.

Uhyve

The loading is the most important change. The game had some really fun and challenging side missions (like the gliding missions) but messing up and having to wait ~20 seconds to reload (when the mission itself is only a minute or so long) made them a complete chore.

Have this game on PC, but my PC went kaput in January. Hoping to get some really solid analysis of this new patch on console before Sunday -- game's on sale at Best Buy and I have enough scratch to pick it up for my PS4. I was enjoying it before my PC died on me, despite some of the weird performance quirks... But those console versions looked kinda rough. Solid 30fps is all I'm asking for.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I would really love to get back into it, but like Watch_Dogs before it (no shooting out of cars), one admission left the game feeling fundamentally poorly designed (lack of sprint.)

I meant I get trying to push people to get creative with the movement tools but leaving out sprint in a 2016 game is just embarrassing.

Sprint was removed because you can accomplish the same thing but 10 times faster by just grappling the ground where you want to run to. You can also press B to disengage the grapple at anytime and drop to the ground.

kaskade

I'm curious to see how it improves. I've been wanting to play it but was steered away with the performance problems on PS4 and PC.

epmode

Does this patch allow you to skip that unskippable intro video? I have a PC mod that cuts it and it's very obvious that the game isn't loading *anything* while the beach video plays.

Sprint was removed because you can accomplish the same thing but 10 times faster by just grappling the ground where you want to run to. You can also press B to disengage the grapple at anytime and drop to the ground.

Yeah but sometimes you just wanna run and shoot someone.

Yazuka

I have wanted to try this game for some time, but I've heard horrible things about the Ps4 version and its loading times. If this update really fixed the issues, I'm getting the game. Holding of until I get good confirmation that it is fixed.

I'm not expecting much but I'll give it a shot tomorrow on PC. If there's still graphic options that do nothing though I think I'm writing this one off permanently. Such a shame to see the mess this has been considering that JC2 was such a great game with amazingly long legs thanks to the community and so much of the goodwill was lost. I've not heard anything about an attempt at modding multiplayer in this time or even any intent to try. Come to think of it didn't they effectively cock block it with Denuvo?

Arttemis

I thoroughly enjoy the game as it is despite its technical flaws. This is great to hear, and the jetpack in the DLC looks stupidly awesome. I'll hold off on purchasing anything until I get more details in the other expansions, but if they're just as promising, I'll definitely grab the DLC.

Jigolo

I just beat it yesterday but now I'm gonna mess around the world a bit and do the challenges I skipped till the DLC drops

Sober

Since it's on sale right now I think I'll wait and see exactly how the patch fares before thinking of buying it.

speedomodel

I didn't think the loading was THAT bad in the game....certainly room for improvement though. Curious to see how this shakes out.

SilentRob

This game is honestly broken on Xbox One right now. I don't really notice low framerates very often, sometimes I can't even tell you if I'm playing in 60fps or 30fps (I know, I know, it's unbelievable to some but that's how it is ;) ) and I don't really care too much if some games drop below 30.

Yet I could not play Just Cause 3. The way the game into a chucking Slow-Mo every single time some kind of physics were part of an explosion is ridiculous. And the loading times seemed like a bad joke. I actually waited for more than one, sometimes two minutes several times when restarting stuff. A MINUTE.

Lost a lot of respect for Avalanche and Square Enix because this product was not ready to be released. Not even close. One time I just flew around with my jet for some time and actually managed to "overtake" the streaming of the game world, so I was just sitting in front of a blurry castle, waiting for 5 to 10 seconds for the game to catch up and actually load the textures. It's bizarre.

This game will never reach a constant 30fps, but I expect this patch (which, by the way, too almost three fucking months) to at least make it playable.

EDIT:

Maybe some people haven't seen it in action yet but this is how it looks like EVERY SINGLE TIME you try to attack a base: https://youtu.be/-eAh5cbYfPw?t=11m16s The game crashed down do 18-22 fps and stays there. It just fucking stays there until you stop shooting and the action stops. And this is not some one-time thing, this is literally what you do in this game. The very core of the game is broken. 18 FPS. It's pure insanity.

I didn't think the loading was THAT bad in the game....certainly room for improvement though. Curious to see how this shakes out.

Dude.

I dunno if I'm just crazy or a masochist or what but after the first patch that fixed the big big memory leaks I didn't really have any problems on the PS4 version. The initial load is long and some of the other load times felt a tad longer than they maybe should have been but the game was totally, perfectly playable.

Still, whether or not y'all are being your typically dramatic selves on this, it sounds like the game will only run better after these next updates, so hooray.

Navid

A case of too little too late for me...

Compared to JC2 this definitely felt like a disappointment both in terms of what it offered and how badly handled the launch/support has been.

vypek

A case of too little too late for me...

Compared to JC2 this definitely felt like a disappointment both in terms of what it offered and how badly handled the launch/support has been.

Same here. I still have my copy but I don't think I care about putting it back in my PS4 to see if things turn out well. Maybe somewhere down the line when I am bored and don't have other stuff to play. I was really disappointed with the game. Very few things about it seem better than the predecessor to me.

No fix for the utterly atrocious motorbike handling then?

I doubt they'll ever get around to that.

epmode

I dunno GAF, I really like this game. The differences between it and JC2 aren't enough to annoy me and the quality of life/graphics improvements are lovely.

I suppose it helps to play on PC with a decent system though.

branny

I still want a way to dodge roll to the side if they aren't going to implement a sprint. A little extra mobility won't hurt the hook/chute/suit.

Like, I know they want you to use the grappling hook to escape, but when you literally just want to strafe someone shooting at you, asking you to stop firing, turn your camera, aim at something, grapple to it, and then turn your camera back toward the enemy is a hilariously inelegant solution.

vypek

I still want a way to dodge roll to the side if they aren't going to implement a sprint. A little extra mobility won't hurt the hook/chute/suit.

Like, I know they want you to use the grappling hook to escape, but when you literally just want to strafe someone shooting at you, asking you to stop firing, turn your camera, aim at something, grapple to it, and then turn your camera back toward the enemy is a hilariously inelegant solution.

"We want you to use the grappling hook" is such a poor excuse. There are definitely plenty of times where dodging or sprinting are better. It seems so weird to have stuff missing out of this game that was in the previous

Top Bottom