• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley: Microsoft might be holding an event around the same time as PlayStation Exp

Nzyme32

I want this console war to go into parody territory. It would be incredible to see Phil Spencer invade the PlayStation Experience Keynote with NWO Music.

At the Game Awards, Gabe Newell should put platform themed hats on the advisory board folk, but get them all mixed up. Replace NWO music with NWA :p

stryke

My interpretation of that comment is that Microsoft wants to do something for the fans that happen to be at the awards show.

I want this console war to go into parody territory. It would be incredible to see Phil Spencer invade the PlayStation Experience Keynote with NWO Music.

Shu Yoshida: And we're proud to finally be able to talk about it.. THE LAST GUA-
*static scratch noise, Cult of Personality hits*

Phil Spencer: WHAT WAS THAT, SHU?!

What does Xbox even have coming out before September 2015 besides 3rd party and some indies? Haven't heard about much in the pipeline for those months so this event could bolster that period if true.

Screamride and State of Decay Year One Survival Edition are Q1 and Spring, although Undead Labs said something about a PAX in January or something for more on that.

LH keep saying they havent announced anything re: FL date

iceatcs

Shu Yoshida: And we're proud to finally be able to talk about it.. THE LAST GUA-
*static scratch noise, Cult of Personality hits*

Phil Spencer: WHAT WAS THAT, SHU?!
Sorry, Phil will not survive. The fans will lynching him big time.

Quazar

Screamride and State of Decay Year One Survival Edition are Q1 and Spring, although Undead Labs said something about a PAX in January or something for more on that.

LH keep saying they havent announced anything re: FL date

Can't wait for state of decay.

jelly

What does Xbox even have coming out before September 2015 besides 3rd party and some indies? Haven't heard about much in the pipeline for those months so this event could bolster that period if true.

Quantum Break.
Fable Legends
Spartan Assault sequel.
Indie games.

3rd Party looks packed before summer as well.

Suppose Microsoft could do a Rare teaser, Halo 5 story teaser and indies. More of the above. Exclusive 3rd party DLC, WOOOO!

Bsigg12

I thought Major Nelson already said there would be something? Sort of like the Microsoft Store meet up things where they give stuff out and have a bunch of games.

Amir0x

Banned
oh ho ho.

Anything you can do,
I can do better.
I can do anything
Better than you.

No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can,
Yes, I caaaan!

Might could do a X1 one year anniversary celebration, but you would think we would have heard something about it by now, so I doubt it is anything near as big.

jbug617

Banned
Quantum Break.
Fable Legends
Spartan Assault sequel.
Indie games.

Suppose Microsoft could do a Rare teaser, Halo 5 story teaser and indies. More of the above. Exclusive 3rd party DLC, WOOOO!

Speculation is that Quantum Break is coming in September

Cornbread78

I can see a repeat of this:

xbox_boat.jpg

That's really it for the first half of 2015?

And to think I get nothing but shit when I say how dire Xbox One's release schedule for next year looks :/

For 1st party, yes, that is all that is announced so far before the summer.

edit: don't want a list war :p.

Quantum Break.
Fable Legends
Spartan Assault sequel.
Indie games.

Oh I thought QB was supposed to be a September release.

I doubt it would even compare to PlayStation Experience, which is proving to have massive support by developers.

They have been planning it for a while to celebrate their 20th anniversary. It´s not the kind of thing you can just pull together all of a sudden, and I doubt Microsoft was considering anything of the sort for December.

Elandyll

Banned
Quantum Break.
Fable Legends
Spartan Assault sequel.
Indie games.

What maks you think that Quantum Break is coming in the first half of 2015, let alone Q1 2015?

Aside for Fable Die Hards, so far, the XB1 lineup is rather barren in Q1, let's be honest here.

ekim

IIRC some insider hinted at 2015 being a pretty big year for both announced and unannounced stuff on both platforms. I would assume we will get some teasers and new info about upcoming games. Don't know though if there are a lot of new announcements left for The Game Awards.

jbug617

Banned
IIRC some insider hinted at 2015 being a pretty big year for both announced and unannounced stuff on both platforms. I would assume we will get some teasers and new info about upcoming games. Don't know though if there are a lot of new announcements left for The Game Awards.

It was Shinobi who said that

Ape

Banned

The game awards should really just focus on... the game awards and not trailers or fucked up rap concerts.

vgx-2013-1.jpg

So Microsoft too? I honestly knew they were going to do something when Phil was teasing that they had some things planned for the 1 year anniversary of the Xbox One launch.

However, I assumed it would be some sales, or a free game or something. However, I dont think Microsoft is going to let Sony have a huge event with all the gaming media's attention and free advertising for the PlayStation Brand. They want some attention too!

Top Bottom