• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley: Microsoft might be holding an event around the same time as PlayStation Exp

So Sony are cheaper? CUT THE DAMN PRICE
Sony gaining favour with indies? SHIT. PAY DEVELOPERS. BUY MINECRAFT. THINGS.
So Sony aren't forcing a camera on everyone? TAKE THE CAMERA OUT
So Sony aren't talking about TV this early? FUCKING SHUT UP ABOUT TV
So Sony are having an event for fans? WELL FUCK SCRAMBLE SOMETHING TOGETHER YOU IDIOTS! HARRISON! DO SOMETHING.

I kid.

wapplew

So Sony are having an event for fans? WELL FUCK SCRAMBLE SOMETHING TOGETHER YOU IDIOTS! HARRISON! DO SOMETHING.

I kid.

Actually, all in one system sound like it only does everything.

ICPEE

Meanwhile at Nintendo:

read-couch.jpg
7c90dbd732c1d56da6a32bc246f10fea9031ed95ae5a0be9.jpg

harSon

Banned
What studios that Microsoft owns or have close relationships with, that we know of, could have a game ready for release - or at the very least - ready to show in the near future?

I kid.

It's okay, let it all out.

dPMaZkJ.gif

harSon

Banned
Newly announced studios LXP, Platform Next, SOTA and (FUN)ction. The last 3 are studios pumping out smaller downloadable games. Twisted Pixel? Lift London has been around a while, and has yet to announce anything. Press Play? Rare? BigPark?

Newly announced studios LXP, Platform Next, SOTA and (FUN)ction. The last 3 are studios pumping out smaller downloadable games. Twisted Pixel? Lift London has been around a while, and has yet to announce anything. Press Play? Rare? BigPark?

Are you the source on the smaller downloadable games for the 3 studios, or do you have a link?

TP finished Lococycle on 360 before XB1 launch and Double Helix did XB1/PC ports, they also teased their new IP in Lococycle images and they're hiring quite a lot atm, so it'll probably be announced next year. They might have moved to UE4 or Unity (more likely) too

Rare, I doubt before E3. BigPark do apps. LiftLondon are F2P touch devices game for at least their first project

Woot.

Early December is promising to be a fun time for gaming. Now we just need Nintendo to have a direct in that period, and we are set.

harSon

Banned
Are you the source on the smaller downloadable games for the 3 studios, or do you have a link?

TP finished Lococycle on 360 before XB1 launch and Double Helix did XB1/PC ports, they also teased their new IP in Lococycle images and they're hiring quite a lot atm, so it'll probably be announced next year. They might have moved to UE4 or Unity (more likely) too

Rare, I doubt before E3. BigPark do apps. LiftLondon are F2P touch devices game for at least their first project

I found the information on Wikipedia, which links to this:

lxp9esy2.png

And I doubt Lift London's games are exclusively for touch devices, especially since Microsoft has been making a major push for cross platform compatibility as of late.

Kacho

I want this console war to go into parody territory. It would be incredible to see Phil Spencer invade the PlayStation Experience Keynote with NWO Music.

Make this a reality.

I'd really be interested in a MS show though.

How do you know they didnt always have an event planned for the end of the year? Phil Spencer said they had a lot of games planned for next year, its not like he suddenly found out all these games were coming his platform.

I don't. Maybe they have. My point was that MS was going to be at every major convention anyway at different levels of involvement. (They were at TGS too)

And there's E3 next year. Not to mention "a lot of games planned =/= a lot of unannounced games."

oh ho ho.

Anything you can do,
I can do better.
I can do anything
Better than you.

No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can. No, you can't.
Yes, I can,
Yes, I caaaan!
Pretty much this generation so far. Especially last year with Sony always one-upping MS. Makes for fun entertainment.

That's really it for the first half of 2015?

And to think I get nothing but shit when I say how dire Xbox One's release schedule for next year looks :/
I think X1's 2015 looks good, for the most part...it's just the first half seems very sparse, while the latter half is going to probably be crammed. I hope they either have some surprises or push something up...

But overall, I think 2015 will be a good year. I just wish MS would spread the love a bit beyond Q3-4.

So, it seems like this isn't true:

pengy_gamer: @XboxP3 is it true you're planning a fan event with announcements for december around tga time?

XboxP3: @pengy_gamer I know Sony is doing a fan event in Dec. We don't have anything planned for that time. Will be cool to see what Sony shows.

Steverulez: @xboxp3 Hmm, so we'll be waiting until E3 time next year before we get more news/announcements etc?

XboxP3: @Steverulez Not sure yet. Right now just focused on what we are doing in 2014. I think we'll have news before E3.

yurinka

He just said 'something for fans', it can be just a beta or something. Doesn't sound as an event as big as important as Playstation Experience seems to be, with game announcements, panels with VIP and almost a hundred unreleased games to play.
What studios that Microsoft owns or have close relationships with, that we know of, could have a game ready for release - or at the very least - ready to show in the near future?
-Battletoads announcement CGI trailer(by Rare)
-Quantum Break playable version of the last gameplay video.
-Ori playable version
-Halo 5 MP beta playable
-Announcement of XBO Gears collection (outsorced, 360 games at 1080p 60fps with some extras)
-The rumored PC ports of Forza 2 and Sunset Overdrive that appeared in a store.

You think he's going to come out and admit it?

Er, yes.

This isn't him admitting he bankrolled Shenmue 3 or SEKRET MEGATON X. They're merely talking about a fan event at that timing.

MS has never shied away from stating that they'll be at PAX, TGS, Gamescom, E3, etc.

These things takes months and months of planning and organisation. The worse thing Microsoft could do is slap together a halfhearted fan show just to match sony.

That said, if they can pull out a surprise at the VGAs they will.

Top Bottom