• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct announced for PC

KingBroly

Banned
It's their own code. And there's no texture streaming engine to worry about. And they can take as long as they need to get it right.

Microsoft isn't going to give them free control. It's not IG's IP. The PC port is probably going to come out right before Season 3 as a promotional tool (I can't see KI coming to PC with no more content coming), and if it doesn't work before then it's going to cause a lot of problems because 8-9 characters in 10 months plus the PC version is going to cause strain.

Falcs

Banned
YES!!! I'll finally be able to play this.
Now once again I'm back to 0 reasons to ever own an Xbox.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I see. Buying the seasons seem like a better deal then.

for someone who just wants to play the game completely, yes.

$20 each season, for 3 seasons (assuming the third is coming) is $60

but it's still a nice option to pick and choose the characters in the rare case you may only want 1 or 2

also the port is being done by both MS and IG as stated by ishmae on the last textual stream:
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=11124.0

I honestly trust them with this game... KI was a buggy mess when IG took over and now it runs pretty damn amazing

Dr. Buni

for someone who just wants to play the game completely, yes.

$20 each season, for 3 seasons (assuming the third is coming) is $60

but it's still a nice option to pick and choose the characters in the rare case you may only want 1 or 2
I am not interested in all characters, but buying each by $5 doesn't seem like a smart move considering I want 3 or 4 of them (considering only the season 1/2 ones, who knows, maybe I will want some of the season 3 characters as well). That being said, I see no problem in paying $60 for a fighting game, since these offer countless hours of playtime.

Well, as long as the game works perfectly, unlike a certain fighting game released a few months ago.

Trup1aya

I am not interested in all characters, but buying each by $5 doesn't seem like a smart move considering I want 3 or 4 of them (considering only the season 1/2 ones, who knows, maybe I will want some of the season 3 characters as well). That being said, I see no problem in paying $60 for a fighting game, since these offer countless hours of playtime.

Well, as long as the game works perfectly, unlike a certain fighting game released a few months ago.

If you choose to buy them individually, the cost of the season drops by five bucks...
So a season is $20, but it drops down to $15 when you buy your first character, $10 when you buy your second, etc... So when you buy your 4th, you'll get a season for $0...

In other words, you won't be ripped of by buying individually...

Dr. Buni

If you choose to buy them individually, the cost of the season drops by five bucks...
So a season is $20, but it drops down to $15 when you buy your first character, $10 when you buy your second, etc... So when you buy your 4th, you'll get a season for $0...

Hm... That is interesting.

wow, what an honest system. I'm surprised, lol.

KingBroly

Banned

That's...surprisingly nice. I guess they really want people to have everything.

That's...surprisingly nice. I guess they really want people to have everything.
Doing it so fairly is really important in a fighter, people would draw allusions to playing chess without a rook/knight/what have you.

KI's pricing is super inoffensive, and for the amount of content is cheaper than most iterations of SF4 (though those were also rebalances in addition to adding characters). It's no Skullgirls, but it's fine by me.

YES!!! I'll finally be able to play this.
Now once again I'm back to 0 reasons to ever own an Xbox.
People really love pointing this out.

Truth is you never had a reason to own the Xbox. KI came out in 2013. If you were ever gonna get one for that game you would have gotten it already.

This is like those Wii U posts that go out of their way to say they're not buying the console

Truth is you never had a reason to own the Xbox. KI came out in 2013. If you were ever gonna get one for that game you would have gotten it already.

This is like those Wii U posts that go out of their way to say they're not buying the console

Some people around here sure do love telling everyone what they don't plan to buy.

knerl

How would you know? If there's one game someone want to buy a console for he/she could very well sit the generation out just to get it only when it's really cheap.

Back to business though. Getting this game for PC is great news!
Can't wait.

Saikyo

Maybe people were waiting to see if season 3 makes it better and then buy a xbox one.

Now that it will be ported on PC they are just saiying they will buy it on w10. Yes, there are people who were not going to buy xbox one anyway but with crossbuy and crossplay I guess Microsoft doesnt care, they just want you in one of their system.

Synth

How would you know? If there's one game someone want to buy a console for he/she could very well sit the generation out just to get it only when it's really cheap.

Actually, there's two things we know for certain.

A) falcs actually has been interested in Killer Instinct.
B) He was never entertaining the idea of buying an Xbox One.

Damn, this game looks awesome! Still, one game alone will never be enough to make me get such a shit console.

So, no actual mystery here.

Top Bottom