• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadow Fall Multiplayer Impressions - PAX Prime

AlexBasch

Why would there meltdowns when the game won't be out for over 2 months and this is likely an old build?
Any mention of FPS droppings make some users go mental.

I'm not bashing PS or anything, I'm interested about it and I'm starting to get into the KZ franchise, but just take a look at the "BF4 doesn't look as good in PS4 compared to PC's, also the sun is hot" thread. Shit went south real bad.

Heck, I'm having more fun reading GAF and watching people making fool of themselves by going insane about FPS and low-eye bleeding textures and other hyperbole.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
How hard can it be to send a newer build though? Wouldn't they want their best face to be shown to the general public, especially in NA?

Probably they decided to focus on Gamescon (second biggest expo in the world or even larger than E3) and provide stable demo for game floor.

Skeff

They have a month or less to finish it, the game not gonna print the same day of launch you know.

They have all of september, all of october and a 2 week Print timeline to hit Nov. 15th....Not to mention they only need to press/ship for US on 15th, EU is 29th...They have 2 months left.

I really hoped nextgen was gonna be 60 fps all the way. But seems we're stuck with 30 again. Well, at least if it's steady it should be okay.

velociraptor

Believe it or not, KZSF is still a game in development!

Guerrilla have always delivered a game which runs well. I expect SF to be no exception.

Oppo

Guys.

Everything is forgivable until after that day 1 patch is applied.

Of course you can decide for yourselves if it looks promising or not but GAF has gotten pretty bad with the judging of unfinished code lately. The game is simply not done.

If its got issues at launch then by all means, bare your fangs, but no need to fret until it actually happens, y'know?

Guys.

Of course you can decide for yourselves if it looks promising or not but GAF has gotten pretty bad with the judging of unfinished code lately. It's simply not done.

If its got issues at launch then by all means, bare your fangs, but no need to fret until it actually happens, y'know?

I doubt voices of reason are welcome when it comes to fps issues. People are going crazy about things that are likely to change or already have changed due to ongoing development.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
How hard can it be to send a newer build though? Wouldn't they want their best face to be shown to the general public, especially in NA?

They always choose the most stable build rather than the prettiest one. Same thing happened at E3.

GrizzNKev

Banned
No, it wasn't weighty and there was recoil but not a lot. It has a 'quick kills' feel to it.

Watch_Dogs on PC looks almost as good as the original reveal.

Guys.

Of course you can decide for yourselves if it looks promising or not but GAF has gotten pretty bad with the judging of unfinished code lately. The game is simply not done.

Pretty much this. We never know how old the builds are at these events and it is unfinished even if it was the build they just made today. Still impressions are always welcome.

Racer1977

There's me, can't really tell the difference between 30-60fps, and we have people giving precise framerates after brief impressions......

I would have thought after the Driveclub embarrassment (the thread, not the game), people would be more circumspect when judging in development games. In two months, we went from people stating Evo were a joke, and should basically get out of the industry, to fawning over the latest build, which happens to be absolutely stunning.

It's amazing that every single thread about an unfinished build of a game not having a steady framerate has to go through the same "wow that framerate is terrible" "wow they said it would be 60 fps ugh" "wow they better fix this shit before release, terrible" comments.

This is why we never see games early in development, guys. And it's why developers are so reluctant to show their games of pre-release at all sometimes.

Coiote

No, it wasn't weighty and there was recoil but not a lot. It has a 'quick kills' feel to it.

Watch_Dogs on PC looks almost as good as the original reveal.

Ah, Watch_dogs PC. I was hoping to hear about the actual PS4 version. Thanks for the impressions.

mephixto

Banned
They have all of september, all of october and a 2 week Print timeline to hit Nov. 15th....Not to mention they only need to press/ship for US on 15th, EU is 29th...They have 2 months left.

The game is also a bundle with the PS4 they need to have the game early, KZ should be ready for late october, also at this moment the game should be on beta at GG wich mean bug fixing. corrections, etc. Changes on code at this point could break the game or produce more bugs.

I doubt voices of reason are welcome when it comes to fps issues. People are going crazy about things that are likely to change or already have changed due to ongoing development.

Shhhh, Logical things like optimization don't happen at the end of a game's development. This game is going to run at 15 FPS and make Super Mario Bros look like gods gift to CG....

Id be worried if there were major bugs or they were still working on story/features. They have 2 months to smooth out frame rate and work on MP balance.

Yeah the dithering and aliassing were pretty obvious in the 1GB download video.
They really take some immersion away because they cause some distracting artifacts.

Hopefully they can fix that a bit, as well as keeping the framerate on a relative steady 60.

GrizzNKev

Banned
You're playing it on a PC? No Xbone/PS4 version?

No play. Only allowed to watch a live demo. PS4 UI, definitely PC version. They showed off the mobile/full game multiplayer. The mobile player challenges the player, then tries to block them from completing the challenge (a street race) with hacks and obscure their vision with a helicopter spotlight.

sunnz

No play. Only allowed to watch a live demo. PS4 UI, definitely PC version. They showed off the mobile/full game multiplayer. The mobile player challenges the player, then tries to block them from completing the challenge (a street race) with hacks and obscure their vision with a helicopter spotlight.

Defiantly PC version as in it looks to good to be PS4 in your view, or it was actually said to be PC/ you saw a PC tower?

Raptor

A couple of questions:

How many bullets does it take to kill? Half a clip? a quarter of clip? 4 BUllets?

Headshots are one bullet kill right?

Does it have that dwarf( I don't know if this is teh correct way of saying it, basically what I want to know is if you feel small compared to the world around) feeling of the other KZ games?

It's amazing that every single thread about an unfinished build of a game not having a steady framerate has to go through the same "wow that framerate is terrible" "wow they said it would be 60 fps ugh" "wow they better fix this shit before release, terrible" comments.

This is why we never see games early in development, guys. And it's why developers are so reluctant to show their games of pre-release at all sometimes.

Yep, a game can quickly lose hype by showcasing a game too early.

Sounds like the gamescom demo.

mr_nothin

Banned

If it has the PS4 UI then it's running on the PS4 devkit.

Top Bottom