• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

Salex_

Holy shit DAT IQ.
woah.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
All in all, great effort for a launch game. I cant wait for my 500€ EU bundle to arrive in mid-December.

BTW shame, both Rev3 and IGN video players/endcoding is sub-par, especially framerate.

Bishop89

Apart from the visuals, I am most happy about the fact that the game is heading away from the linear level and objectives of the past. The IGN video compared it, to some extent, to Crysis, which could be pretty awesome.

The openness of the levels and being able to choose the way you want to tackle objectives and which objectives you want to tackle is what i was most hyped about when we first go info on the game.

Ark

I seriously can't believe how good this looks. I haven't felt this excited for something since GT5's release in 2010!

Those final two weeks are going to be so difficult.

Tekku

Do we have any info about the difficulties yet? I'm hoping some of the higher ones will disable x-ray vision and stuff like that. It kills the challenge for me tbh. I don't know why these things are trending in the genre right now. They have even started to infect 3rd person games (Splinter Cell, MGS etc). And Killzone really needs its challenge back. The second game was really enjoyable on the highest difficulty setting but the third one I could finish blindfolded, which was a huge disappointment.

I'm totally fine with these kind of mechanics if there is an option to turn them off, like in the upcoming Thief.

Cess007

Most of the screenshots are delicious. But what's up with this one?

2351339-sp04_004.png

It's weird, it appears on the IGN preview but only as somekind of slideshow image, not like part of the video or in-game sequence.

Anyway, tha game looks fantastic and i'm even more happy that i decided to make Shadow Fall my first game on PS4 :)

Ark

Fuuck I'm going to have to wait until I get home to watch these preview videos. This is going to be one long ass shift.

The freedom in how to approach something is so good. I knew we were going to get a graphically beautiful game, but now I know were also getting a great game gameplay wise.

How can folks who usually review Nintendo stuff be so 'meh' about the graphic fidelity?

To be fair, he gave a shout out to GoldenEye, in that this title wasn't as open as that game. Which I suppose is fair enough. :)

Sounded like Goldeneye was the last fps he played. Very much a layman's take.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Apart from the visuals, I am most happy about the fact that the game is heading away from the linear level and objectives of the past. The IGN video compared it, to some extent, to Crysis, which could be pretty awesome.

Awesome and unexpected Considering the pressure you'd be under for a launch title - you kind of expect them to play safe.

Any info on whether you can fine tune your aim with the gyros, like in KZ Mercenary?

*Lights Blimblim signal*
Hook us up with some of that glorious high bit-rate footage please. :)

It seems there is a new B-Roll that was provided to the press. Some of the video previews are using the exact same, albeit new, footage. Hopefully Gamersyde has access to that.

Do we have any info about the difficulties yet? I'm hoping some of the higher ones will disable x-ray vision and stuff like that. It kills the challenge for me tbh. I don't know why these things are trending in the genre right now. They have even started to infect 3rd person games (Splinter Cell, MGS etc). And Killzone really needs its challenge back. The second game was really enjoyable on the highest difficulty setting but the third one I could finish blindfolded, which was a huge disappointment.

I'm totally fine with these kind of mechanics if there is an option to turn them off, like in the upcoming Thief.

Doubt it, seems to be an integral part of the Marshall's abilities. I feel the same way and wish they'd not included it, feels cheap. I guess just don't use it. Think I used it once or twice in TLoU.

S1kkZ

i am at work and cant watch the videos/read the previews. does anyone mention the framerate in single player? solid 30 or just "around 30"?

the game looks fucking amazing but i really want a solid framerate...

Top Bottom