• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

Kaako

Felium Defensor
It seems there is a new B-Roll that was provided to the press. Some of the video previews are using the exact same, albeit new, footage. Hopefully Gamersyde has access to that.
I hope so.
Yeah I'm waiting on that too.
PS. What's up with the 'Max Payne' slow-motion? Is it more cod or something owl can do?
Not sure if related to owl, I thought it was a player ability like in Max Payne.

a15umf.gif

yup......going to upgrade my tv.
I'm upgrading my 720p projector to a1080p projector! I want to play this at >100 inch. In 1080p :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
i am at work and cant watch the videos/read the previews. does anyone mention the framerate in single player? solid 30 or just "around 30"?

the game looks fucking amazing but i really want a solid framerate...

It's 30 fps. "Around 30" was just Geoff being Geoff.

demolitio

I don't know how ANYONE could downplay this game's graphics no matter how subjective they might be. It simply is amazing and shows off the differences of next-gen gaming quite well. This is a launch game so it just shows us what the machine is already capable of while preparing us for future games that might give us heart attacks when we see them.

To me, it's the best looking game but also with gameplay improvements that will hopefully make this game more popular because I've always enjoyed the more hardcore gameplay (I just hope there's still decent recoil) and I think it's always been cast aside when it's a good game that had some flaws, but were very enjoyable experiences.

i am at work and cant watch the videos/read the previews. does anyone mention the framerate in single player? solid 30 or just "around 30"?

the game looks fucking amazing but i really want a solid framerate...

One of the previews I read, (I think Game reactor) says SP runs at 35-40 fps. Dunno if they'll lock it to 30.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really think the "digital eagle" thing could be a real game changer for Killzone. Between the larger maps, the more open ended approach to mission objectives, enemies that aren't always aware of your presence, and the wealth of options available with the "eagle" I feel like they're really taking this is a new direction.

Killzone 2 and 3, for all intents are purposes, are limited to corridor style levels (even if they appear open) and focus mostly on Call of Duty style shooting with enemies that just attack relentlessly from afar. OK, they play better than CoD single player, but the experience was pretty narrow.

Shadowfall seems like a take on Crysis 2 and 3 style gameplay where you have freedom within linearity. I'm hoping it delivers.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think I might blackout on some of this footage. I was planning on just getting Battlefield 4 at launch (plus Knack with the TB bundle) and waiting on Killzone, but my gaf, these previews and images are making me shake in my socks.

These are moments I've gotta see on the big screen. Youtube ain't gonna do them justice.

I really think the "digital eagle" thing could be a real game changer for Killzone. Between the larger maps, the more open ended approach to mission objectives, enemies that aren't always aware of your presence, and the wealth of options available with the "eagle" I feel like they're really taking this is a new direction.

Killzone 2 and 3, for all intents are purposes, are limited to corridor style levels (even if they appear open) and focus mostly on Call of Duty style shooting with enemies that just attack relentlessly from afar. OK, they play better than CoD single player, but the experience was pretty narrow.

Shadowfall seems like a take on Crysis 2 and 3 style gameplay where you have freedom within linearity. I'm hoping it delivers.

Yeah, I would say Crysis 2 and 3 are probably better analogues than Crysis, since that was pretty much open world. Level design, narrative context, and gunplay look much more fun to me here than either Crysis sequels, however. Crysis 2 was probably my biggest disappointment this gen.

Forest level looks fantastic now, considering its early state at E3 they have made great improvements...

viveks86

Thanks! More praise for the controller

Thanks to the increased precision of DualShock 4 and the crisp 1080p graphics and great framerate, Guerrilla have opted to not included any automated "aim assist" in Shadow Fall. It's hard to notice as I don't think I've ever been as accurate with my shots as during my two hours in Warzone. The controlls are brilliant, and DualShock 4 is a massive improvement on its predecesso

So let's see, in the level on Vekta they keep showing off you can either rappel through the skylite, rappel down the side, use the owl to hack the door, or go through the vents for a sneaky approach. Hopefully this adds to the replay value of the single player campaign.

JoeFenix

They REALLY upgraded the animations and hit reactions, this feels like Killzone!

I'm really happy to see they turned it around, this is the first time I've seen footage that genuinely made the game look fun to play.

Top Bottom