• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Shadowfall Press Preview Thread

Wait, what? That's TERRIBLE news. They're going to unlock the framerate?! They should just lock it down at 30 fps for the campaign. 35-40 fps looks like shit compared to a solid 30.

G-Sync would take care of this problem but that isn't an option here.

Yep exactly my thoughts. At least give the option like in Bioshock.

An unlocked framerate is just jarring and I spend more time thinking about how the framerate keeps changing than actually enjoying what I'm looking at. Please Guerilla I BEG you for a 30fps locked option.

It's bad enough in games like Ratchet and God of War but it'll be even more jarring in a FPS when you're constantly turning your view.

Spinluck

Fine Guerrilla, jeez, I'll buy this before Battlefield 4, happy now?

Shame on any next-gen jumpers who buy COD over this.

ron_bato

My reaction after watching some of the new footage:

andy2ktfom.gif

Macklin you sonuvabitch.

Salex_

I guess those complaints about Killzone having no colors or being linear are gone, right? This shit look beautiful. I can't believe we're getting a launch title that looks like this.

Valnen

So how should I get caught up on the story of this game? I don't really want to play through all 3 games but I don't want to be lost either.

From GameExplain

They do almost only Nintendo stuff, interesting they got invited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Gj4Ng_VNo

I know it's probably a bit jerkish to say but I have a hard time watching videos like that where the person playing the game is jarringly bad at playing the game itself. When I watch a preview/review of a game I'd like the person at the controls to make it look nice and fluid/seamless, even if that means they have to turn the game down to easy mode or something. Still, from the parts of the vid where he wasn't stopping every 3 feet I like what I see and I can't wait to get my dirty mitts on it.

Pinktaco

I wasn't supposed to get a PS4 before february next year due to my study, but.. ffffuuuuuuuu you're making this damn hard to wait out Guerilla Games.

This, Knack, Order 1866, Infamous and DriveClub are all looking damn fine at this point. The next year will be great.

Metfanant

So how should I get caught up on the story of this game? I don't really want to play through all 3 games but I don't want to be lost either.

It takes pace 30 years after KZ3... Devs have actually said that playing the previous games is not really a requirement for jumping into the story...somewhere though there is a serious timeline for the events of the universe that is a good read

Ashes

Banned
Huh? GG confirmed this ages ago!

They probably mean no auto-aim. But I'll wait till launch to assess whether the reticule slows down over targets or not as in R3 etc. It's no big deal and would be cool of them to do this. But with the OWl, it could be argued their design philosophy lies in helping the player quite a bit.

Leb

Wait, I'm confused. I thought they said this was locked at 30fps? If they're seeing variable frame rates and they're not using v-sync, how are they avoiding tearing?

Jtrizzy

that's really odd to have 35-40 frame rate. Should have taken the graphics down a notch and gone with 50-60. That is the only acceptable variable frame rate to me. I mean look at the MP, that is more than enough eye candy.

So how do people think this compares to Crysis 3 maxed? I play it maxed, capped at 30. I think I'm gonna have to buy this at launch now. I had planned to just rent it based on past Killzones, but damn these previews make it look amazing

Vire

Because of the length in seconds, the gif is already 33 MB, so I think we have to live with the compression. I can make it better quality but it wouldn't be the whole sequence.

Shhh

Ah, yeah there's just some weird color banding going on. Still an awesome scene though.

murgo

I've only played KZ:Mercenary on Vita, but seriously.. this needs to be clarified:

Planet Helghan, Helghan Empire.
The people however are called Helghast!

Top Bottom