• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

Is every announcement of a PS4 console exclusive game going to be port begging and or PC players swooping in with their insecure "Well at least I can play the definitive" version shtick. It derailed a lot of the PSX announcement threads, and it's starting to do the same with the announcement of this game. So boring at this point.

LiK

Why do people care if it's the canceled Silent Hills. He can just do a horror game and not even need that name. He can still work with Del Toro and Reedus and there's nothing Konami can do about it.

Nzyme32

This thread is gonna turn out into a "yaay PC, definitive edition here I come" thread isn't it?

People are obviously going to be happy that a game they think they will be interested in, comes to their platform of choice, or because they want the flexibility to play at the way they want, which some call "definitive". That shouldn't be offensive since it is just a fact of the platform. Assuming the game is well done on PC, there is no reason for it to not be capable of being enhanced with the usual PC flexibility both at release and in future.

Why do people care if it's the canceled Silent Hills. He can just do a horror game and not even need that name. He can still work with Del Toro and Reedus and there's nothing Konami can do about it.

Yeah, not seeing the problem. I'm sure it would be nice to have Silent Hill stuff in there, but that can't happen anymore. It's the concept and the people that make such a project interesting rather than anything to do with Silent Hill

On Demand

Banned
Graphics comparisons are being posted already when the game doesn't even exists yet. You PC owners are insufferable, holy shit.

Eolz

Is every announcement of a PS4 console exclusive game going to be port begging and or PC players swooping in with their insecure "Well at least I can play the definitive" version shtick. It derailed a lot of the PSX announcement threads, and it's starting to do the same with the announcement of this game. So boring at this point.

I'm pretty sure some posts are just made to rile up some PS fans. Seems way too easy to do, and wouldn't happen as much if people weren't replying to that.

Hektor

So, you come into a pcgame related thread, derailing it, so you can talk about other people derailing completely different threads? The fucking irony.

People like you are embarrassing.

Graphics comparisons are being posted already when the game doesn't even exists yet. You PC owners are insufferable, holy shit.

People who generalize entire groups of people based on some outliers are of course much better.

-MD-

I'm seeing some insecurities in this thread and it's not from PC players.

no shit it will not having anything to do with Silent Hill. Can't believe how much things have to be spelled out for people these days.

I think people were hoping it'd a spiritual continuation of Playable Teaser. However, the Q&A scotched even that notion by saying it will be something completely new.

Durante

I don't see how you can categorize talking about the eventual PC version as "port begging" when something is announced as a "console exclusive". That very phrase was invented to allow for the possibility of a PC release while still claiming exclusivity.

It would be "port begging" if it were to happen for a game announced as a true exclusive. In which case it will and does get the instigator(s) banned usually.

TimmiT

Yeah, obviously they wouldn't make a new game using a Konami IP. They could make what Silent Hills was basically going to be and just call it something else.

deadman69

I dont see how its port begging when console exclusive is pr speak for also being on pc.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Why does PC generally getting the best (and generally better priced) version of the game rub so many people the wrong way? It's tiring

Money hats (like sfv) vs fully funding?

Which one is Bloodborne and which one is the new Kojima project?

Cleve

It's pretty amazing that some people are so insecure that they call for a ban on factual statements so that their sensibilities are not offended.

Only one guy did so far. I mean the original comment had the definitive bolded and was followed by a winky face. He intended to rile people up, even if I read it as a tease.

Either way it served it's purpose and thats' all people are talking about in here now.

-on topic-
Do we know how any other big names from his team that are confirmed to be joining him?

Yeah, obviously they wouldn't make a new game using a Konami IP. They could make what Silent Hills was basically going to be and just call it something else.

If only there was a Sony owned IP that was basically a spiritual successor of Silent Hill that had been previously helmed by the father of SH franchise himself.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It's not a scoop, since Sony's terminology has been pretty clear this year, and it has likely been done quickly to stop getting questions like these every day.
I sure hope so but when is more important to me. If it comes later then I'll have to get a PS4 then.

It's almost a given the PC version will be superior. Doesn't even need stating. Not at all surprised it was brought up, though. Nor the ensuing reaction.

Gamers really can be the worst advertisement for gaming. D:

PadPoet

505 Games Ltd
I assume that you're the EU community manager?

Thank you for giving us a better explanation/more information.

Yes, I am PadPoet.

This Q&A was with the official press release, was not reactive and was for "immediate release" and also stated as "Please feel free to disseminate"

Disseminate = Spread the information widely.

We're all just as excited as you guys are here in SCEE (I guess SCEA and all SCE regions as well)

Once we have more info and we are allowed to communicate it we will of course.

JordanN

Banned

To be fair, I've seen the game. And it looks like this right now.

BcAfUMC.png

aravuus

Generalized statements are being posted already when just one poster decided to tell everyone how excited he is for the PC version. You generalizing posters are insufferable, holy shit.

LifEndz

This. PT was nothing like a silent hill game, so not having the name means nothing. Hell, they could it scary house for all I care.

PJV3

Coming to PC, now thats a good news!

I also have a ps4 but given the choice PC is always the preferred option.

Yeah, I suppose it comes down to any extra content Sony manages to get(if any) that would make the PS4 option more attractive.

This. PT was nothing like a silent hill game, so not having the name means nothing. Hell, they could it scary house for all I care.
Silent Hills wasn't supposed to play like PT - and frankly gameplay wasn't the reason PT was enjoyable so I don't want a full game of that lol

So, you come into a pcgame related thread, derailing it, so you can talk about other people derailing completely different threads? The fucking irony.

People like you are embarrassing.

People who generalize entire groups of people based on some outliers are of course much better.

I've been on Gaf long enough to know that it's not *Some outliers ".

How can derail threads that are based on empty hype and people exclaiming "beast!", "yay!" or "soo good" and posting meme gifs? There is't a lot to derail in that kind of threads.

SparkTR

It's almost a given the PC version will be superior. Doesn't even need stating.

Main thing here for me is that the game will probably be out in 2018/2019. By that stage I'm assuming my PS4 will be boxed up or collecting dust if last generation and the generation before that is any indication, so I'm glad is coming to a platform that I'll still be using by then (provided the PS5 isn't out).

Banned
Q25: Is Kojima ok?

We have nothing to announce at this point in time. We will announce further details of the when ready.

Damn.

RootCause

Exciting times. What genre would you want him to tackle next? I like the idea of a horror game, but I would also like something stealth focused, but that could be too MGS inspired, so maybe not.

True.

cheezcake

I didnt really enjoy MGSV but there were enough good ideas in there to make me excited for this. I just hope someone else (read: Del Toro) steers the story direction, I just can't take any plot elements in MGS seriously.

lol

So big Youtubers with focus on PC gaming had a meltdown on Twitter for nothing huh

I didn't know this was a thing. Did they A) not notice that it said 'console exclusive' (which is language for 'Also coming to PC') and B) expect his next game would come to PC by default? He has a long history with consoles, but not so much with PCs, besides his most recent game being a multi-format release.

Kojima must own the IP, since the only branch in SCE that seems willing to publish on other platforms is PlayStation Mobile.

Yeah, he obviously does. I'm thinking this is the same situation as Street Fighter V or No Man's Sky, where Sony funds a significant part of the game (probably not all) in exchange for full console exclusivity, but the PC version goes ahead as it's not seen as a direct competitor.

Top Bottom