• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima's new game will be published by Sony, is also coming to PC, not Silent Hill

Beefy

Yes, I am PadPoet.

This Q&A was with the official press release, was not reactive and was for "immediate release" and also stated as "Please feel free to disseminate"

Disseminate = Spread the information widely.

We're all just as excited as you guys are here in SCEE (I guess SCEA and all SCE regions as well)

Once we have more info and we are allowed to communicate it we will of course.

Great news!

andycapps

I'm still hoping it's a horror game.

Del Toro changing his tone in the last month or so about never doing video games again and Norman Reedus saying the Del Toro+Kojima+Him team dynamic "Needs to happen" in the last month as well gives me hope, that and this springing AS SOON as his contract expired.

This was exactly what I was thinking. So what if it's not called Silent Hills? It could be another horror themed game.

jaaz

Why do people care if it's the canceled Silent Hills. He can just do a horror game and not even need that name. He can still work with Del Toro and Reedus and there's nothing Konami can do about it.

Yep. I think it's a fundamental misunderstanding of what Silent Hill is. It's just a confined and inescapable location to tell the real story: People dealing with inner demons in their lives. He doesn't need Silent Hill to tell people's stories, and Konami can't copyright life...

yuraya

Happy to hear its not Silent Hills. Hopefully its not a horror game. I know Kojima has a twisted mind and PT was very good but horror games are very meh. They are short 6-10 linear corridor games that are forgettable in the long run. Kojima is so much better than jump scares, gore and all that other mindless shit. His new game needs to be an 15+ hour action game that is narrative driven and full of memorable characters just like MGS.

Is every announcement of a PS4 console exclusive game going to be port begging and or PC players swooping in with their insecure "Well at least I can play the definitive" version shtick. It derailed a lot of the PSX announcement threads, and it's starting to do the same with the announcement of this game. So boring at this point.

Where were you and the rest of the moaners in the Rise of the Tomb Raider threads?

delSai

I just hope it is not a horror game, if it is i wont be able to get excited for it. Time will tell what Kojima is up to.

Graphics comparisons are being posted already when the game doesn't even exists yet. You PC owners are insufferable, holy shit.

What do you think about these statements then?
It's pretty normal in PS4 vs XB1 resolution announcement threads.

184259297 said:
Is 1080p vs. 900p still a thing?

184259420 said:
It is a difference though so should it be ignored?

184259534 said:
It's a given that PS4 version will always be better

184259498 said:
For people that want to know which version to buy, such as myself, it matters every single time.

I'm not really trying to bring this topic further, but I'm genuinely curious on why people still see things differently.

Markoman

Wow, salt everywhere! Came from the Smash threads, because I couldn't handle the amount of salt there, but this thread is heading the same route it seems.

5 pages in - PC Übermenschen and MS defense force warriors enter the scene already.

Man, GAF entertainment level has risen over 9000 in 2 days. Thank you everyone :D

On topic: Sony was the first adress anyway. I don't see any moneyhat-business in this.
People should stop comparing the Bayonetta 2, TR and SF 5 situations. Out of these TR was the most obvious case of moneyhatting. Anyway, Xbone list warriors will eat crow for claiming 'PS4 haz no gamez' it seems.

The_Poet

Banned
I find it funny how salty all these PS4 fans are over a matter of fact comment.

Its also funny because whenever an xbone game is announced to be at 900p vs 1080p on the PS4 theres the usual flood of jokes and pointed comments towards the xbone.

I just hope it is not a horror game, if it is i wont be able to get excited for it. Time will tell what Kojima is up to.

I won't play it if it's a horror game, but (fuc)Konami were such shitlords in their behaviour toward P.T. that I wouldn't mind if it was the spiritual successor to whatever Silent Hills would have become.

SparkTR

Depends on the engine, especially if it was tuned for console first.

E.g. Arkham Knight.

Well he said almost. Given how many AAA releases this year have been terrible on consoles compared to PC what he said wasn't wrong, I'd blindly go with a PC multiplatform AAA release compared to a console one looking at that ratio if I want a better experience technically/visually.

fresquito

You can't talk about differences in versions unless it's 1080 vs 900. Those 180 lines are the ones that truelly matter. Anything else is just child insecurity.

RootCause

What do you think about these statements then?
It's pretty normal in PS4 vs XB1 resolution announcement threads.

I'm not really trying to bring this topic further, but I'm genuinely curious on why people still see things differently.
Well, if we're being fair, those are graphics comparison threads. This one is an announcement thread, meant to discuss kojima's next chapter.

Hektor

I didn't know this was a thing. Did they A) not notice that it said 'console exclusive' (which is language for 'Also coming to PC') and B) expect his next game would come to PC by default? He has a long history with consoles, but not so much with PCs, besides his most recent game being a multi-format release.

All Metal Gear games as well as Metal Gear Solid 1 + 2 and V released on MSX/PC.

He litereally started developing PC games a decade before playstation games.

Teletraan1

Banned
Why do people care if it's the canceled Silent Hills. He can just do a horror game and not even need that name. He can still work with Del Toro and Reedus and there's nothing Konami can do about it.

They didn't even keep the proper name of Silent Hill with that Silent Hills name. They can change it to whatever the hell they want. I just hope they don't pull a Bungie where they complain about making Halo in servitude and then go and make a sci fi FPS. I want to see something different.

Heartfyre

One man's "definitive edition" is another man's "old hat I completed ~1 year ago". Such is the way of it. Each has its advantages. If you want to follow the zeitgeist, you play it on PS4. If you want to play a technically superior version down the line when the game has already been discussed and enjoyed by most, you play the PC version.

It's nice that Sony and Microsoft are trying new approaches to publishing. Minecraft on Wii U last week, Kojima/Sony game on PC announcement the following week.

Elixist

Yep.

It's gonna be bundled together with the Uncharted collection.

you jest, but i've thought for awhile that something like UC collectioncould be really smart for pc. a year later pc release of old games probably wouldnt rile the fanboy nest too bad either. we know it dint sell very well on ps4 too.

jmaine_ph

Question for those who play on PC mainly but own consoles as well. If a game is a timed exclusive on a console do you play it on that console or do you wait (usually 6months or more except RotTR) and just play it on PC?

delSai

I won't play it if it's a horror game, but (fuc)Konami were such shitlords in their behaviour toward P.T. that I wouldn't mind if it was the spiritual successor to whatever Silent Hills would have become.

Yeah i cant play horror games and have no problem with skipping a game, dont have to play everything, if Kojima really wants to make a horror game/Silent Hills under a new name, i say go for it.
I bet he's happy that he doesnt have to do MGS games anymore.

I don't see how you can categorize talking about the eventual PC version as "port begging" when something is announced as a "console exclusive". That very phrase was invented to allow for the possibility of a PC release while still claiming exclusivity.

It would be "port begging" if it were to happen for a game announced as a true exclusive. In which case it will and does get the instigator(s) banned usually.

I don't see discussion other than enthusiasts from both sides slinging shit at each other.

I dont see how its port begging when console exclusive is pr speak for also being on pc.

So I guess the mod who closed the initial rumour thread for that exact reason was wrong in doing so? I'm not the only one who thinks this.

So, you come into a pcgame related thread, derailing it, so you can talk about other people derailing completely different threads? The fucking irony.

People like you are embarrassing.

Derailing it how? Have you not seen the previous pages? I'm just saying that these kinds of arguments just derail proper discussion. You sound offended by the fact I'm pointing this out. People like you are embarrassing.

I'm pretty sure some posts are just made to rile up some PS fans. Seems way too easy to do, and wouldn't happen as much if people weren't replying to that.

Probably is, but I said in the initial rumour thread that the PS Fans need to stop crying as well. It coming to PC doesn't mean their PS4 copy is suddenly invalidated. I would have thought that this PS4/PC trend would be a good thing, but damn, clearly not.

Where were you and the rest of the moaners in the Rise of the Tomb Raider threads?

Eh? I wasn't even a member of this forum back then. But the same argument applies there too. Nice try though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Happy to hear its not Silent Hills. Hopefully its not a horror game. I know Kojima has a twisted mind and PT was very good but horror games are very meh. They are short 6-10 linear corridor games that are forgettable in the long run. .

You should play some good horrorgames.

Grief.exe

I knew it was coming to PC, but I have to post this gif, purely out of tradition.

xzI9mAy.gif

Hektor

Question for those who play on PC mainly but own consoles as well. If a game is a timed exclusive on a console do you play it on that console or do you wait (usually 6months or more except RotTR) and just play it on PC?

Depends on who much i want this game.

Nier: Automata, the sequel to my favorite game of all time, i'll definetely be playing on PS4, even if a PC-Port would follow a month later.

For GTAV on the other hand i had no issue waiting 2 years.

Derailing it how? Have you not seen the previous pages? I'm just saying that these kinds of arguments just derail proper discussion. You sound offended by the fact I'm pointing this out. People like you are embarrassing.

You literelly came into this thread to blame other people for derailing threads rather than adding anything to the topic. give me a break.

Top Bottom