• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku sources: Watch_Dogs 2 out later this year, set in San Francisco

Who should be the protagonist of Watch Dogs 2?

Results are only viewable after voting.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Watch Dogs was AMAZING and the second I beat the game I thought "I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL"

AWESOME NEWS

If Ubisoft were smart they would get Rami Malek to be the new protagonist.

tW70kjg.gif

Mr. Watchdog

PrawnyNZ

I'm looking forward to a new WD. Recently got back to the first one, and while the story doesn't do much for me I like the side missions esp the hideouts and locating the CTOS markers. Felt the use of cameras was well done in these. Nothing better than taking out enemies remotely while hiding somewhere safe.

Randdalf

Watch_Dogs had some really good bits and some really bad bits. A lot of the characters were just nails-on-whiteboard-scratchingly awful, but the missions were usually fun even if the stealth very rapidly hits a skill ceiling. I liked the superhero vibe they had going on with where the main character was going, it was an angle I didn't really expect them to take.
If they take some cues from MGS5 to make their stealth more interesting, and get a new set of writers/character designers then I might look into getting it.

I got the first game free with my GPU, so I played through it more out of interest than desire.

Euron

McAfee 2016

Anyone who doesn't vote that in the poll works for the Illuminati

Or we can compromise and the main character can be McAfee wearing Aiden's iconic baseball cap.

Fool me once... Will wait for reviews, gamer impressions, GAF impressions, military impressions, Top Gear impressions and anime fan impressions for this one. Although I might just wait for the alien invasion.

Ubisoft, you lost me! Can you hear me? You fooled me too many times!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If we get to play as a cop hunting Aiden down with the climax being that I get to shoot that stupid douchenozzle in the head then I'll get it for 75% off on steam next year.

Otherwise fuck no.

Plum

How distant will the protagonist's motivation (i.e. relative) who gets killed be this time? I'm placing my bet on the third cousin, twice removed.

Yeah I dont think they really need to get rid of him, just greatly improve the writing for the character

They either need to get rid of him, or harness everyone's hate for him and turn him into the baddie. He has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever. I literally don't know what they could have done to make him a worse character.

iNvid02

the secret to making a good first impression at events and tradeshows is to have the first playable mission involve hunting down and murdering aiden pearce

Set in SF? Seriously?

We finally get a Chicago-based game, and now we move to a city that's already had a bunch of games.

Yeah that was a terrible approximation of Chicago but it was still fun seeing familiar landmarks and features of the city.

Would love to see another open world game set here someday.

Jb

There's so much they could do just from a story perspective about the digital age and surveillance but I have zero faith in Ubisoft to do anything interesting with it. Would love to eat crow though.

Plasma

Banned
Lots of Ubisoft leaks today, have they left open their FTP or has one of their employees been talking on an airplane again?

GeeTeeCee

Please no Aiden (I can't even remember his surname). The Bad Blood DLC was the best part of the first game, if only because the protagonist wasn't such a hateable blank of a character.

If this and the AC rumour are true, would it make sense for Watch_Dogs and AC will release once every two years, alternating franchises?

I enjoyed the 10 hrs or so I played of the original, so I'll be on the lookout for this.. I need to hurry up and finish the first one though.

RyudBoy

Wow, awesome if true. I always wanted a GTA or similar open world game based in the Bay Area since I'm from there. First game had some issues, but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel.

kavanf1

Wow, awesome if true. I always wanted a GTA or similar open world game based in the Bay Area since I'm from there. First game had some issues, but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel.
San Fierro in GTA San Andreas is the closest until now I think.

I played watch dogs at 100% i enjoyed it a lot (but there is many flaw, but it's a first episode.
After all, Watch dogs was made by guys from GTA4 and Diablo 1-2 (yes yes!)) .

BUT GTA5? I played it 15 hours i quit. It was boring to me and i don"t know why.

Megatron

Based Press Sneak Fuck

Two major things Ubisoft:

1) Get rid of Aiden Pearce. Either ignore him or kill him off at the beginning.

2) Don't make it just another Ubisoft Template.

Put legitimate effort into the side missions instead of copy and pasting everything, either fix the driving or stop making driving missions, and give many alternatives to combat.

Number one has a good chance of happening. Number two though.... come on, be realistic.

Falchion

Sweet! I actually enjoyed playing Watch Dogs, despite its faults, so I can't wait to see what they've changed this time.

So between this and the AC news I'm guessing the new plan is to have them alternate years?

Probably the best for both franchises, honestly.

The first game get too much blind hate.

It was functional and quite fun at times. A little more fleshing out of the gameplay systems and it will be a legit gem.

LifEndz

Sounds good. When watchdogs was announced I thought this was the game that would cause AssCreed to no longer be annual. Looking forward to seeing what new mechanics it has and how much the visuals improve (assuming it's not cross gen).

So between this and the AC news I'm guessing the new plan is to have them alternate years?

Probably the best for both franchises, honestly.

I was interested in the idea of AC finally taking a year off until I had that thought too. Essentially they'd still be putting out an AC every year, only now every other one will be modern day.

Would not surprise me if they reveal 'revolutionary new building climbing mechanics' for WD2.

Top Bottom