• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L4D2 characters/monsters come to Resident Evil 6 PC, RE6 monsters coming to L4D2

Gyrian

This Friday continues to deliver on completely unexpected things, I said WOW.
RE6 Mercenaries by itself is one of my favorite games of 2012, it was already looking crazy promising with PC extra No Mercy, and now this!

iHxVO6CECcDO4.jpg

*thumbs up*

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This is actually really cool, the PC version of RE6 might not fix all of the major problems that RE6 had but supporting it seems like a cool idea since it really is a step in the right direction for crapcom.

Also I am like one of the only people that actually enjoyed RE6 for what it was so I might be a little biased.

HoosTrax

Capcom's crowdsourcing getting the RE6 characters into L4D2?

That's right - Capcom is turning to zombie lovers everywhere to get Leon, Jake or one of the other key RE6 cast members into Left 4 Dead 2. Submissions are immediately playable in Left 4 Dead 2 by subscribing to the mod in the Left 4 Dead 2 Workshop. It's a match made in (apocalyptic) heaven!
Here's the rundown: you download L4D2 for Steam - which is 75% off until March 18, by the way - and get crackin' on your vision for Leon, Helena, Chris, Piers, Jake, Sherry or Ada.

Concept17

Valve... I hate you.

L4D needs many other things that aren't this shit. Why mix the two universes? RE has been shit for years. Don't want it in L4D.

I'll be so disappointed if they aren't workin on a feature complete sequel with major updates to versus and actual content rather than more shit maps.

Ugh

Newblade

Valve... I hate you.

L4D needs many other things that aren't this shit. Why mix the two universes? RE has been shit for years. Don't want it in L4D.

I'll be so disappointed if they aren't workin on a feature complete sequel with major updates to versus and actual content rather than more shit maps.

Ugh

It's just a Steam Workshop mod.

ezekial45

Banned
Can't say I'd ever saw this coming. Capcom actually having a clue about PC gamers?

Sven from Capcom USA must've done a lot to convince the Capcom JPN to change their tune. DmC's PC release was stellar and I'm sure RE6 will turn out well too.

Anyway, I hope they still got another announcement for PAX. D&D was leaked early, and they hopefully have got another one that's good.

Valve... I hate you.

Ugh
You really think releasing some glorified optional user mods(crowd sourcing the characters on top of that) has any effect on this game or anything else Valve is working on? You don't want it in L4D? Don't install it.

Jawmuncher

Sven from Capcom USA must've done a lot to convince the Capcom JPN to change their tune. DmC's PC release was stellar and I'm sure RE6 will turn out well too.

Anyway, I hope they still got another announcement for PAX. D&D was leaked early, and they hopefully have got another one that's good.

Oh do D&D did count as an announcement dang. I wouldn't mind a Dragon Dogma PC version. Capcom seems to be on the platform serious now.

Concept17

You really think releasing some glorified optional user mods(crowd sourcing the characters on top of that) has any effect on this game or anything else Valve is working on? You don't want it in L4D? Don't install it.

I'm saying valve has given the series terrible support for a very active player base. The game is broken in a number of ways, all of which have gone unaddressed. It's okay though they're wasting time putting in characters from a giant turd of a game instead.

Like I said, I really hope they have big plans for a sequel.

ezekial45

Banned
Oh do D&D did count as an announcement dang. I wouldn't mind a Dragon Dogma PC version. Capcom seems to be on the platform serious now.

I'm pretty sure D&D was one of them. It was leaked early apparently, and Capcom hasn't said squat about it yet.

If they're gonna bring DD to the PC, then it must be Dark Arisen. DA is the GOTY edition of DD, and it's the perfect version to jump into.

That would be amazing if it were to happen.

Angry Fork

Valve... I hate you.

Ugh

The last thing Valve needs to do is make a sequel to L4D2 after killing L4D1. I hope they don't touch that series for another 5 years at the very least.

FinKL

Give me UMvC3 Rocket Launcher Nemesis as an enemy, teleporting Jill and Wesker as playable characters and I think we got a real crossover.

Alfredo

I prefer the L4D cast, but this is really cool! Mercenaries is the best thing about RE6, and more characters is great! I hope they have their own melee attacks, too.

Unfortunately I don't have a PC capable of running RE6, but I'd gladly pay for such content on consoles. >_> Of course, that's highly unlikely as I'm sure Valve wants Steam exclusivity with this stuff.

At least my MacBook Pro can enjoy the RE6 content in L4D2!

KarmaCow

I'm saying valve has given the series terrible support for a very active player base. The game is broken in a number of ways, all of which have gone unaddressed. It's okay though they're wasting time putting in characters from a giant turd of a game instead.

I know there are a lot of map exploits and tricks in L4D2 for griefing because I have a friend who pretty much exclusively griefs in L4D2, but is something more than map exploits that Valve is not addressing? I really don't play L4D2 outside of custom more experimental maps.

sunnz

I play from time to time and put quite a lot of hours into the game...but what are these "broken" things you mean?

Talking about lack of content, you do know the game allows MODS.

You are mad. You think 3 new special infected is wasting time?

The development period for those 3 characters would have been tiny. The models and textures are most likely ported from RE all they need is rigging and a few unique animations.

Valve has about 400 employees and this DLC is basically a mod.

Stop acting like they dedicated time to this instead of developing something else it was a fortnight long side project with about 4 staff at the most.

Neiteio

Ogroman is three STORIES tall. How does that work in L4D2? Are they modifying its height? Making it only appear in outdoor levels? I love both of these games, btw.

Riposte

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhh, quintessential version of the game just got better.

Cool.

i was already sold on a PC version of the greatest third person shooter in years, though, of course #flawlesstaste

ibjs5ggmmqolrvszqnm.gif

I'm doubting they are new enemy types though. Reskins are more likely (tank = napad?, not sure about witch). I wonder about the characters though... so unexpected!

EDIT: Is that greenmangaming deal for RE6 still up? It was something like 30-35 dollars for the PC version.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Valve's characters have appeared in a plethora of games. Skyrim, Bastion, Renegade Ops, Poker Night at the Inventory, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Killing Floor... I could go on.

and a movie here and there...

butman

This proves where targets Resident Evil in the future. Become a Shooting rampage.
Dear GAFs Resident Evil has died.

Anteater

That's interesting... I feel like I should give RE6 a try, good to see they're still supporting it. Will probably pick it up for cheap.

One of these series knows how to do undead themed action based shooters. And it isn't Resident Evil. I'd much prefer more Valve produced content like The Passing and The Sacrifice, but having a Licker Smoker which some fan already skinned a few years back is fine.

Top Bottom