• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L4D2 characters/monsters come to Resident Evil 6 PC, RE6 monsters coming to L4D2

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If Valve wanted attention for L4D3 they'd just post a "3" on their site and let the rabid HL3 speculation explode, only to shit on them with the reveal.

A "3" could mean anything though. L4D3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, Half-Life 3... that would be rather cruel of them to do that.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
That's a really cool-sounding crossover. Makes me want a crossover between L4D and JC's The Thing.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who really likes both Resident Evil 6 and Left 4 Dead 2 this is pretty fucking awesome :p I wish Bill was also in Resident Evil 6 though, smacking zombies around the face with one liners.

Great stuff.

...Is it? Besides the idea of new Special Infected being added, which is great. I mean I never played RE6 but I don't hear anyone ever saying anything about the monsters of RE6.

Like, if you told me Dr Salvador, or the fucking Regenerators were coming to L4D2, then I'd be listening. And scared.

RE6 had some of the best creature design of any game, the mutation system for the J'avo in particular is brilliant.

Bulzeeb

...Is it? Besides the idea of new Special Infected being added, which is great. I mean I never played RE6 but I don't hear anyone ever saying anything about the monsters of RE6.

Like, if you told me Dr Salvador, or the fucking Regenerators were coming to L4D2, then I'd be listening. And scared.

that would be amazing, in fact I'll be willing to install l4d again haha

dave is ok

aztek is ok
A "3" could mean anything though. L4D3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, Half-Life 3... that would be rather cruel of them to do that.

The only way to get out of releasing a product with 3 in it is to release Orange Box 2, which contains all of those games listed.

This is the third time Valve's let someone else play with their L4D toys. There was the Heist DLC that featured Mercy Hospital. Then the Boomer and some other monsters were hidden in Cabin In the Woods, and now this. I want L4D to have some getback, damn it. More DLC, please.

This is pretty cool but from the looks of it they are just skins. Ellis is using Agent animation, the witch seems to be the skinless monster. Would be great if they are getting original load outs but I doubt it

Khal_B

It's great to see Capcom embracing the PC space like this. Hopefully it'll reach the point where the PC gets simultaneous release dates with consoles.

Oh, and Dragon's Dogma, please.

The Lamp

I want a release date for the L4D2 patch.
I want to see what these new Special Infected do NAO.
And I want screens/video :(

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Fuck yeah Capcom. I really disliked the RE6 campaign but Mercenaries is great and this just makes it oh so much better.

Dat PC gaming

4B8fpl0.jpg

St7i561.jpg

Ip6eWgj.jpg

Valve does this instead of Half-Life 3

Heh

Tain

I really hope the L4D2 enemies in RE6 aren't just skin swaps. I'm not betting on them being entirely new, but I hope they don't behave exactly like any existing enemies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's just kind of a surreal seeing Coach in Resident Evil 6.

Like. I don't what's happening.

More Japan embracing PC like a first class platform, please. I like.

And I hope they go all in with the L4D franchise. Feel like RE6 while having a good spoonful of L4D gameplay out of respect. Same thing for RE6 in L4D2.

So I get free shit for a good zombie game, while other people get the pleasure of playing a bad zombie game on PC now.

Sounds good to me.

Or do you have to buy RE6 to unlock the L4D2 stuff?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Awesome. I'd love to see a RE6xBorderlands 1 crossover mashup as well someday. Imagine playing Roland from BL1 in RE6. He pops a head and says "Critical Beeyotch!"

Vamphuntr

I will definitely try the new L4D2 stuff when it lands but I don't care one bit about that extra content in RE6. Played and beat the PS3 version of RE6 and hated it.

An-Det

Now that's really cool. Collaborations like this are awesome. RE6 pc releases next week, so I'm curious as to a release timeframe for this.

I highly doubt it will be new special infected and will almost certainly be skins only, especially considering the workshop reference.

Cacpom have been pretty good with PC support the last few years, but it sadly hasn't translated to much in a broader sense. Not when you have Nacmo releasing ports like Dark Souls.
Very true. I'm crossing my fingers that it's due to some kind of delay, like Borderlands -> Borderlands 2 or Bioshock -> Bioshock Infinite. If I remember correctly, those two focused on console and did a PC port instead of coding for PC in mind to begin with. Dark Souls 2 PC better show the love.

Zomba13

Wish we also got RE6 survivors for L4D2 also but there are plenty of RE character mods for L4D2 already.

Still super cool though. Wish more games had this kind of cool cross promotion.

BasilZero

FYq7M_zpse5be2806.gif

I was gonna get RE6 on PC after hearing about the content the PC ver will have over the consoles but this just adds to it :)

Also wootcakes! More monsters/zombies to kill in L4D2 ;3

Top Bottom