• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L4D2 characters/monsters come to Resident Evil 6 PC, RE6 monsters coming to L4D2

jambo

If Valve wanted attention for L4D3 they'd just post a "3" on their site and let the rabid HL3 speculation explode, only to shit on them with the reveal.

Nah, goes down differently.

They put a 3 up at their website and everyone goes mental for a few weeks, speculating on Half-Life 3, Team Fortress 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Portal 3.

E3 comes along and Valve are having a large keynote. Gabe walks out to rapturous applause, but then proceeds to talk about Steam, Source engine developments, gaming economics and all sorts of things that have nothing to do with new games.

At the end of his speech everyone begrudgingly applauds him and he walks off stage.

All lights go out, murmurs circulate around the crowd and gradually start getting louder. People start shouting and getting excited.

Suddenly a giant '3' slowly fades on to the screen and Gabe jumps up out of the floor like Michael Jackson at the Superbowl.

"New Half-Life, New Portal, New Left 4 Dead, New Team Fortress, Santa Claus is real, he's in our booth and he's giving out fucking handjobs.

Valve, bitches!

We out."

Drops the mic, walks off stage.

The Internet explodes.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
iHxVO6CECcDO4.jpg

*thumbs up*

ehWsJDSl.jpg

Teknoman

This will be insane. And Left 4 Dead 2 will never die at this rate.

That being said, I would've liked to play as some RE characters in L4D.

Hellix

I wish they would've went with the L4D1 cast instead, since I enjoyed them more. Since you play in Mercenaries No Mercy, it would have been cool if they made a mercenaries map surrounding the first L4D campaign No Mercy. But whatever, I am excited to try RE6 on PC. This is just a bonus.

Jill
Claire
Leon
Wesker
Chris
Sheva

Nebula

This sounds incredibly awesome. I'm shocked that two devs are even willing to work together like this within the same genre.

Neiteio

This will be insane. And Left 4 Dead 2 will never die at this rate.

All of the L4D levels are in L4D2, no?

Also, I hope Ogroman appears in the cornfields in Hard Rain. Imagine seeing him lumber across the fields...

I am by no means the biggest fan of Valve games or the Resident Evil franchise.

By oh my God that's a brilliant idea. This is one of those things that seems too genius to be considered by a video game companies instead of the fans anymore.

If companies keep having amazing crossover ideas like this. I hope the crossover trend doesn't stop.

Also, a both a PC gamer and major fan of Japanese games, this sort of thing couldn't possibly be more culturally relevant to me. This is Capcom doing meaningful work with the biggest name in PC gaming ever.

If Capcom would follow this up with giving the Mega Man franchise more love. I would be pretty happy. I'd just love a new Mega Man game on Steam.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Under a week until this unlocks. Coach is my man so I can get over the lack of the more iconic characters from L4D1. Workshop support for mercenary maps, characters amd weapons would be dope but babysteps I guess.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How the hell is Ogroman going to work in Left 4 Dead 2? He's as big as a three-story building! My original thought was that the special infected skins for L4D2 were just going to be skin swaps (and it is possible), but based on some of the stuff they said in the video interview and the announcement, I think they actually might be unique special infected. In the video interview on the Capcom channel asked what was his favorite additions from RE6 to L4D2 was, he mentioned he thinks people will really like how Ogroman is featured. The three monsters coming from RE6 don't really function like any of the L4D2 monsters, so I guess they're going to be more than skins.

Also interesting to see the L4D2 elements in the PC-exclusive mode. I was already fairly excited for this mode, but this definitely adds to that. Wonder how the Witch and Tank will work, and if the L4D2 cast will have for taunts and the like.

...Is it? Besides the idea of new Special Infected being added, which is great. I mean I never played RE6 but I don't hear anyone ever saying anything about the monsters of RE6.

Like, if you told me Dr Salvador, or the fucking Regenerators were coming to L4D2, then I'd be listening. And scared.

RE6 is a flawed game, but I quite liked its monsters. There's a lot of points and I can definitely understand that people would dislike about RE6, but its monsters are an exception. Most seemed to enjoy them too in the OP.

This is the third time Valve's let someone else play with their L4D toys. There was the Heist DLC that featured Mercy Hospital. Then the Boomer and some other monsters were hidden in Cabin In the Woods, and now this. I want L4D to have some getback, damn it. More DLC, please.

L4D2 is getting three new special infected.

Ogroman is three STORIES tall. How does that work in L4D2? Are they modifying its height? Making it only appear in outdoor levels? I love both of these games, btw.

I was wondering the same thing, though when I was talking about this with some friends they suggested that it might work for the finales, as all the finales have more open space

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is No Mercy still SP only in RE6? Because I would love to play it in co-op, especially with the L4D2 cast.

It is. But remember that the mode was also SP in RE5 and yet modders found the way to make it co-op, so have faith :)

Do you have a link confirming this to be true? I haven't heard anything from Capcom about it.

How the hell is Ogroman going to work in Left 4 Dead 2? He's as big as a three-story building! My original thought was that the special infected skins for L4D2 were just going to be skin swaps (and it is possible), but based on some of the stuff they said in the video interview and the announcement, I think they actually might be unique special infected. In the video interview on the Capcom channel asked what was his favorite additions from RE6 to L4D2 was, he mentioned he thinks people will really like how Ogroman is featured. The three monsters coming from RE6 don't really function like any of the L4D2 monsters, so I guess they're going to be more than skins.

I doubt it. They'll just be skins. I'll be pissed if the first new infected Valve bothers to add are RE6 themed, one of which is made of boobs and has "tits" in the name.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I doubt it. They'll just be skins. I'll be pissed if the first new infected Valve bothers to add are RE6 themed, one of which is made of boobs and has "tits" in the name.

The monster you're trying to make fun of is actually pretty brutal, but that's a whole other topic entirely. But the reason I think they may be is because of the small media we have on the Left 4 Dead 2 portion, including this:

Owners of the PC version of Left 4 Dead 2 will be able to face a new deadly challenge when Resident Evil 6 characters infect Valve’s classic zombie title this spring

In the Capcom Unity video interview, the director behind RE6 says that his favorite RE6 addition to L4D2 is how they featured Ogroman in the game (the giant monster).

It is possible though, while not entirely accurate the Lepotitsa could be a Smoker, for example, though the problem is the Lepotitsa doesn't really have a long tongue, its main method of attack is through harmful gas that it emits, and that it can grab you with its claws and nom on your face. The Napad could possibly work as a Charger, but then the Napad only rarely charges and its main point is that it has a really tough protective shell and moves pretty slowly, but packs a punch. And Ogroman is just a giant.

My guess is that they're going to be modified Infected. I can see some of their functions being taken from other Infected, but modified... Like, Lepotitsa might be somewhat Smoker-like, but maybe with more of a focus on gas than its tongue, and Napad might be like a slower charger, but with a lot more health and a more powerful punch.

The monster you're trying to make fun of is actually pretty brutal, but that's a whole other topic entirely. But the reason I think they may be is because of the small media we have on the Left 4 Dead 2 portion, including this:

In the Capcom Unity video interview, the director behind RE6 says that his favorite RE6 addition to L4D2 is how they featured Ogroman in the game (the giant monster).

It is possible though, while not entirely accurate the Lepotitsa could be a Smoker, for example, though the problem is the Lepotitsa doesn't really have a long tongue, its main method of attack is through harmful gas that it emits, and that it can grab you with its claws and nom on your face. The Napad could possibly work as a Charger, but then the Napad only rarely charges and its main point is that it has a really tough protective shell and moves pretty slowly, but packs a punch. And Ogroman is just a giant.

My guess is that they're going to be modified Infected. I can see some of their functions being taken from other Infected, but modified... Like, Lepotitsa might be somewhat Smoker-like, but maybe with more of a focus on gas than its tongue, and Napad might be like a slower charger, but with a lot more health and a more powerful punch.

They will not change the mechanics of a 4 year old game for a third party tie in. Ogroman will be a Tank, Lepotitsa will be a Boomer, and Napad will be a Charger

Neiteio

They will not change the mechanics of a 4 year old game for a third party tie in. Ogroman will be a Tank, Lepotitsa will be a Boomer, and Napad will be a Charger
How will Ogroman be a tank? By his very design he's, like, 30 feet tall.

I mean, if they're going to go that route, there's probably another monster they could use.

nbthedude

They just sold another copy of RE6 for PC.

I was on the fence before since I liked 4 and 5 but the bad press for 6 had me hesitant.

How will Ogroman be a tank? By his very design he's, like, 30 feet tall.

I mean, if they're going to go that route, there's probably another monster they could use.

Well can you see Valve taking the time to code a 30 feet monster? For a third party tie in? They haven't really added anything new outside of skins if you think about it.

Neiteio

Well can you see Valve taking the time to code a 30 feet monster? For a third party tie in? They haven't really added anything new outside of skins if you think about it.
If they're going to include Ogroman, a 30-foot-tall monster, then yes, I think they'll code a 30-foot monster!

If they're going to include Ogroman, a 30-foot-tall monster, then yes, I think they'll code a 30-foot monster!

Then that will be awesome, but it's a shame it took a stale "survival horror" franchise for Valve to substantially update their game that they once promised TF2 level support for :)

destrudo

I would kill for a L4D style Resident Evil game. Maybe then Capcom could get all this multiplayer crap out of their system, and then do a true single player survival horror game.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Count me in the camp that will be purchasing RE6 for this. Also picked up L4D2 (I only recently got a laptop that can actually play games) as it was only $4.99.

nbthedude

So this game comes out in 2 days.

I cannot find any info on the PC version in terms of performance, improvements, previews, etc.

Anybody find ANYTHING?

ArjanN

So this game comes out in 2 days.

I cannot find any info on the PC version in terms of performance, improvements, previews, etc.

Anybody find ANYTHING?

- There's a free benchmark here: http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/resident-evil-6

- new and exclusive mode, The Mercenaries: No Mercy takes fan favorite The Mercenaries and ramps up the gameplay even further. More enemies on screen than ever before will provide a greater challenge, but also the opportunity for players to use their skills to rack up even higher combo scores!

- Both digital and physical versions will include the following features, which were added to the console versions in post-launch title updates: access to Ada Wong’s campaign from the outset along with the option to play this campaign with a co-op partner, and the ability to fine tune the in-game camera. As with the console releases, players of the PC version will also be able to take advantage of ResidentEvil.net.

- playable Left for Dead 2 characters in Mercenaries mode.

- steamworks, achievements etc.

Top Bottom