• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

Gurish

So it's focuses on MP first? I expected a robust single player game, i have a feeling the campaign will be "as good" as BF...

Sullust is "gooey"?

tumblr_m3jmvaU5ct1qfr6udo1_500.gif

40 player make any type of coordination impossible to.

Getting four groups of five to work together is doable.

I love the instant disappointment from half the people who are disappointed that it doesn't have as many players as Battlefield and the other half who want it to be just like Battlefront. DICE is actually making Destiny 2?

Orayn

There is a third person mode.

I don't know if they actually confirmed that, did they? All I remember is some vague statement a while back about "a third person component" which could apply only to vehicles for all we know.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"In the game, you actually get to play the Battle of Jakku. It's the same place from the new movie but 30 years earlier."

That is so fucking cool.

It's disappointing that there's no mention of 3rd person or Space Battles, i think it needs both of those to set it apart from Battlefield. Hopefully they're in the game. It's great that heroes and being included.

CHC

The stuff they are saying sounds amazing, but we got burned way too many times in 2014 to get excited for a big, new game anymore. I'll definitely believe it when I see it, EA's quality has not been there for at least a couple years.

40 players is a fair compromise. 64 was always just a bit too nutty and 24 was definitely too little. Holding out hope that this doesn't launch as a total shitshow.

chadskin

You'd think a major press agency knows how to handle an embargo lol.

It's disappointing that there's no mention of 3rd person or Space Battles, i think it needs both of those to set it apart from Battlefield. Hopefully they're in the game. It's great that heroes and being included.

If there's no 3rd person in the game then yohan is in trouble :p

biteren

id imagine no AI running around this time, 20 vs 20 could seem pretty crowded, id have loved for more but 40 is still alot i guess, still more than previous Battlefront games.

Noobcraft

I've never played the series. Is someone just randomly chosen to play him?

Gimme a taunt command with that pose and I'm in.
In battlefront 2 the top player was given the option to play as the Jedi or Sith with the option to decline. If declined, it moves on to the next player and so on. There were game modes where everyone was a Jedi or Sith and those ones were particularly amazing.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't know if they actually confirmed that, did they. All I remember is some vague statement a while back about "a third person component" which could apply only to vehicles for all we know.

Not talking about what they confirmed.

Daffy Duck

I'd also imagine EA will be able to build a Death Star and a few Star Destroyers with the amount of money this game will make.

Wow, that also includes some of the first solid info we've seen on the plot of The Force Awakens. They obviously have a lot riding on this game.

I'd love to see a seemless "battle" where you could go from ground-fighting between troops and land vehicles with AT-ATs and AT-STs, to dogfights in the air with modded T-47 Snow Speeders and keep going even further into orbit to engage Star Destroyers and Frigates with X-Wings and Tie Fighters, all in the same continuous "sphere" without having to leave the game.

But I don't know if they can do that or not. Might be too much to ask for.

Top Bottom