• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

CryptiK

?
Battlefield 4 is far from going backwards
Mate it started so far in the back that today its still struggling to get to the front. The Battlefield franchise started its decline after 2142. People say BC2 was a great game and it was but it wasn't "Battlefield".

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I want space to ground combat :(

For example deactivating the star destroyer in space and then fly to the ground with your space craft and continue the batle there

I would rather see a space only mission where you had boarding parties and troop transports trying to take down capital ships or a station.

daveo42

Banned
Was it really confirmed? As i said, i only heard rumors and posters saying i here, but nothing concrete.
Also i need real 3rd person, not just the occasional swap in some situations.

.....and Bots.....

I'd hope bots are in, but we still don't have details on a single player campaign either. Bots shouldn't be hard if they have Galactic Conquest.

3rd person may have been a rumor, I just thought we had some confirmation that it would be based on posts on GAF. Hopefully there will be more info to come out today, or at least at E3 in two months.

Someone in the Star Wars gaming thread said "mostly first person" which if true, makes me sad.

Only thing i can think they meant by that was third person only when you play as a Hero

In which case I'd be out

I asked Ingvarsdottir if Vader could be played from first- or third-person, but she just grinned and said "This is something we will go deeper into at a later time." Her smile continued through my next question about how players obtain gear and rank up. "You already know what I'm going to say," she said with a laugh. "We'll discuss that later."

From the Game Informer article

Atlas157

Yea coming up with preemptive excuses for something disappointing in the game is totally logic.

You're right, complaining about players not being able to control a vehicle that's barely even controllable in it's predecessor that works as a spawn point is even better logic.

All the details have me like:
Exquisite-Cat.jpg

I wonder if the weapons and stuff will "unlock" like in BF games.

Like you start with a Blaster Rifle, then you get a a grip for better aiming. Then a scope for more range, special rounds, a Thermal Detonator Launcher attachment, etc... etc...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Ok, these news have really tempered my expectations, for sure. Episode 7 but not really episode 7 DLC doesn't sound too hot. At list is free. Let's see the trailer later though, who knows.

Adam Blue

From the gameinformer article linked above:

At this point, the player controlling the soldier changes the viewpoint from first-person to third, something players can freely do at any time during gameplay.

whyman

40 players is fine for me. Its the scripted AT-AT´s that are the problem. That is a deal breaker if i am buying this game or not. DICE was at the top of their game when they made BF42, you could drive everything. If not it was moddable, oh and bots. It truly feels like they are working backwards.

elyetis

For real. 40 players is more than enough.

Map design and modes will be catered around this number. Don't know why people are so worried. 20v20 is still prettttyyy huge.
Yup it's huge when it comes to play the new metro in the corridor of a star destroyer.

Auctopus

I'm surprised people aren't freaking over playable Millenium Falcon, I'm not even a Star Wars fan and that sounds awesome.

Just so I'm sure I understand this correctly, the game will be 100% EP7 free until DLC that comes out a week before the movie right?

Sounds perfect!

The single player component of the game is called Battlefront Missions, and while few details were given, it sounds like it will be the same battles from the multiplayer experience with different missions layered in.

mhmmm

Nvzman

Did you even read my post?...

Also how is BF4 = Battlefront 3?

Bad Company 2 really IS their magnum opus. Best BF game ever.
I kinda disagree with BC2. Rush was the only decent thing in that game. I'm a conquest guy, and I felt that post-patch BF4 is probably the best Battlefield in the whole franchise.
Proper balancing (no Magnum Ammo, no impossible to kill jets), great maps + DLC, continued support, etc.
I'm really hoping Battlefront continues on conquest-focus.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Splitscreen confirmed :O
Two players can play cooperatively through splitscreen, a feature we didn't expect to see.While playing online, two players who want to team up as much as possible can tap into a Partner feature, which allows them to share gear (an experienced player can bestow a newcomer with a high-tech load out during their play session), spawn at their teammates location after death, and be on the battlefield together as much as possible

curb

Banned
A single player mode and a toggle between first and third person. Interest regained.

Edit: Now I need to make friends with a Star Wars fan so we can do splitscreen.

Top Bottom