• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

Nabbis

The most intense and batshit crazy matches on BF4 are Obliteration and rush, and they are capped at 32 usually.

I would like to judge how many players are needed for a intense match all by myself tyverymuch. If people want more, let them have it. This hand holding is too much.

Newlove

The AT-ATs being scripted isn't that bad. In SWBF2 they were only in Hoth and the only direction you could go in was straight for the Rebel base.

Yeah you can turn them or leave them stationary but what purpose does that serve?

I agree, you could move them in BF2 but.they're incredibly slow and would be hard to balance if they could walk over to objectives or spawn points.

VinFTW

The most intense and batshit crazy matches on BF4 are Obliteration and rush, and they are capped at 32 usually.

For real. 40 players is more than enough.

Map design and modes will be catered around this number. Don't know why people are so worried. 20v20 is still prettttyyy huge.

GavinUK86

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

I still have no idea what Battlefront is about, other than what I imagine is Battlefield: Star Wars edition

Never watched Star Wars either, but I cant help but be excited based on reactions in this thread

Dinda

I thought 3rd person was in?

Was it really confirmed? As i said, i only heard rumors and posters saying it in here, but nothing concrete.
Also i need real 3rd person, not just the occasional swap in some situations. (only for heroes also wouldn't count, since the majority of the game would still be 1st person, i want a full 3rd person game)

.....and Bots.....

ironcreed

Banned
If 40 players means better framerate and a better net code (hopefully 30hz be default) then I am okay with it.

Yep, 40 is plenty. The game is sounding amazing and will be a hell of a nice break from the usual multiplayer shooters we have been getting. Besides, it has been too long since we had a killer Star Wars game.

Playable heroes doesn't surprise me, that was in the original games.

My hope is for something like Starhawk, where you can be on the ground, in combat, then jump in your starship, go into space, and join the battle up there.

Interesting MP number at 40. Surprised they didn't go with the usual 48, not complaining though, It'll be good for some coordinating of tactics. 64 in BF4 is great but sometimes on certain maps it can feel a little cramped or even sparse.

Eugh, so hype. I've been playing Battlefront 2 on my Vita on and off since the original announcement.

I'm expecting most of the game to be first-person, with heroes and maybe vehicles third-person.
Disappointed with the 40 players news but the rest sounds fun.
Remember that different Battlefield game modes have different player counts. Although 40 down from 64 could probably help in the graphics/performance department, so I guess I wouldn't mind.

For real. 40 players is more than enough.

Map design and modes will be catered around this number. Don't know why people are so worried. 20v20 is still prettttyyy huge.

Bad Company 2 maxed out at 32 and that is DICE's magnum opus to me. Anything that points towards a similarity to that is fine with me.

Yea coming up with preemptive excuses for something disappointing in the game is totally logic.

Wow, that's some strong language in a post that says absolutely nothing. The logic in his post was sound, actually. In BF2, your experience in the AT-AT is pretty much going in a straight line. Aside from that, you know next to NOTHING about the game. At this point, you have read less than 10 paragraphs explaining a tiny amount about a single map in a game that isn't set to be out for half a year. Who knows if they will only be automated on Endor? Perhaps you can drive them on other maps? Or they could be automated on every map? Or only be on Endor? Or they could be taken out of the entire game by launch! Who knows?

At least get some details before spewing grade-school level vitriol all over the table.

"Battlefront" will also include a free downloadable level available two weeks before "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" opens in theaters Dec. 18. It's set on Jakku, the battle-scarred desert planet glimpsed in "Force Awakens" teasers. The expansion, dubbed "Battle of Jakku," will explore the moment following "Return of the Jedi" when the New Republic confronted Imperial holdouts on the previously unseen Outer Rim enclave.

Free DLC... from EA?

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
I want space to ground combat :(

For example deactivating the star destroyer in space and then fly to the ground with your space craft and continue the battle there

Eggbok

I still have no idea what Battlefront is about, other than what I imagine is Battlefield: Star Wars edition

Never watched Star Wars either, but I cant help but be excited based on reactions in this thread

It's not Battlefield: Star Wars, think fraternal twins. Everyone is hoping Battlefront isn't Battlefield: Star Wars to be honest lol.

Mikey Jr.

Playable heroes doesn't surprise me, that was in the original games.

My hope is for something like Starhawk, where you can be on the ground, in combat, then jump in your starship, go into space, and join the battle up there.

The "battle up there" is just gonna be like 4 dudes with only 40 people.

Hamlet

Hmm 40 players sounds fine enough. Nice to see heroes are in. Hopefully they're a bit more balanced this time ha. Can't wait to see it in action.

I was hoping for 64 players, but I'm pretty good with 40. I've played tons of matches on Rush with less players and they're insane. And being able to play as Darth Vader and Boba Fett? Sounds awesome. I wonder if we'll get some playable characters like that from the Alliance side of things?

Wow, that also includes some of the first solid info we've seen on the plot of The Force Awakens. They obviously have a lot riding on this game.

What did I miss in the article? We got the name of the planet yesterday and the rest I see is a battle that takes place there 30 years before the film. Nothing on TFA itself.

I agree, you could move them in BF2 but.they're incredibly slow and would be hard to balance if they could walk over to objectives or spawn points.

Precisely.

Top Bottom