• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
High-res!

Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%20_4-17_E.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%20_4-17_F.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%20_4-17_A.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%20_4-17_C.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%20_4-17_B.jpg

Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%20_4-17_D.jpg

s3ou1t.gif

RoKKeR

"In our game, we want to bring the fantasy of dogfighting to players. We bring you the X-Wing, and we bring you the TIE Fighter, and other air vehicles that you want to fly in and experience, but we keep them on the planet's surface." This means that dogfighting is contained within a planet's atmosphere. To clarify even further, you won't be able to run around on the ground, hop into an X-Wing, take flight, and soar off into outer space. There are no space battles in this Battlefront game. Yes, it's a bit odd for a Star Wars combat game to not a map set in space, but as long as the vehicles move like we expect them too, it doesn't matter where the dogfighting unfolds. Electronic Arts' press release for Battlefront reveals the Millennium Falcon as one of the playable ships.

:(

ironcreed

Banned
regarding Vehicles, no space battles confirmed:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/s...sive-first-look-at-star-wars-battlefront.aspx

"In our game, we want to bring the fantasy of dogfighting to players. We bring you the X-Wing, and we bring you the TIE Fighter, and other air vehicles that you want to fly in and experience, but we keep them on the planet's surface." This means that dogfighting is contained within a planet's atmosphere. To clarify even further, you won't be able to run around on the ground, hop into an X-Wing, take flight, and soar off into outer space. There are no space battles in this Battlefront game. Yes, it's a bit odd for a Star Wars combat game to not a map set in space, but as long as the vehicles move like we expect them too, it doesn't matter where the dogfighting unfolds. "

That is okay. The planets look amazing.

Nabbis

No space battles? Only Original Trilogy factions? No ambient creatures (ewoks, etc.)? You're really putting a damper on my hype, DICE.

It's had a short dev cycle. We are lucky to get even this much. Now just pray that it won't take a year for the game to actually work.

dice need to work on level design, bf3/bf4 maps was filled with narrow choke points that 10+ players would fight over. they need to design maps like they did bad company 2

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
" Electronic Arts' press release for Battlefront reveals the Millennium Falcon as one of the playable ships."

OMG!!!!

Tubie

Wait wait wait it's only 20 vs 20? Are there AI running around too I hope?

What we saw was a 40-player mode called Walker Assault, which we can only speculate will be used for other maps like Hoth and Tatooine. Fegraeus says that Battlefront is first and foremost a multiplayer game, but it also caters to people who don't want to play with others or be connected to the internet.

The mode they showed was 40 players.

There's still a chance other modes like Conquest are 64 players.

Steel

Banned
Calling Airstrikes? Out of game loadout equipment set-up(which probably means level-up)? I kinda expected this kinda thing, but ugh....

Lakitu

st5fu
No space battles wouldn't be too bad if the sky ceiling is higher than BF 4 and BF 3, and things like Star Destroyers are in atmosphere.

Little disappointed about 40 players if true, I kinda hoped there would be more or a separate game mode for people who would want to play with more.

I should note I'm talking about the PC version. Console version should have more IQ (than console BF4) if they are only going for 40 players tops.
Well even then, taking a look a t the character model close up and the ground in the forest scene. It definitely has way more geometric detail than BF4.

HariKari

Calling Airstrikes? Out of game loadout equipment set-up(which probably means level-up)? I kinda expected this kinda thing, but ugh....

I imagine it works like BF4s bombing run, as it's described by GI. Not a huge deal. Probably not in all modes.

Well even then, taking a look a t the character model close up and the ground in the forest scene. It definitely has way more geometric detail than BF4.

Go check out some of the bullshots BF4 had pre release. It's really not ahead of those.

RoKKeR

According to KindaFunny the gameplay demo was on a PS4 and everybody was incredibly impressed with the footage. Want to know about the framerate!

SpyGuy239

I just lost it again for the second time this week.

I can't even concentrate on my Finals anymore.

It's a great time to be alive!

Those are such odd acreens to release. They're not quite concept and they're not quite gameplay.
As someone else pointed out in the previous thread, they look to be gameplay screenshots that are set up. Directional lighting, camera, supersampling, etc

They did the same with BF4 and the final game looked more or less the same.

Top Bottom