• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Battlefront info (40 players, heroes, free Ep7 DLC, FPS & TPS) [Full Screens]

daveo42

Banned
To those that keep asking:

"At this point, the player controlling the soldier changes the viewpoint from first-person to third, something players can freely do at any time during gameplay. The character model is nicely animated, his head apparently tracking potential enemy movement."

yes-yes-yes.gif

Splitscreen confirmed :O

tumblr_m9sqah3XWN1r8dy8go1_500.gif

Hoping space battles will be like Titan mode where you start off the fight with A2A combat but switch to ground once you breach a Star Destroyer or something.

Steel

Banned
"The action will also take to the skies with players engaging in dogfights with TIE Fighters, X-wings and the Millennium Falcon, though the developers were coy about how battles would alternate between ground and air combat."

This makes me think the ships will be like jets and helicopters in BF4. Hope I'm wrong, I want space battles!

Ugh, battlefield's jet combat was the most boring stuff possible, even if it was realistic. Really hope they have space battles and the fighters remain unrealistically floaty rather than so fast that the map can't hold them.

iTehDroiD

Neo Member
nooooo

"There are no space battles in this Battlefront game. Yes, it's a bit odd for a Star Wars combat game to not a map set in space, but as long as the vehicles move like we expect them too"

Mendax

guys werent the previous battlefront games first person as well until/unless you played as the hero characters??

Well made EA. This is going to be the very first EA game I buy for full price.

guys werent the previous battlefront games first person as well until/unless you played as the hero characters??

No, you could switch from first person to third person any time even with non-hero characters. I remember it quite fondly from Battlefront 2.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Battle of Jakku comes December 1st for pre-orders
DICE is working closely with Lucasfilm and Disney to bring the Battle of Jakku to Battlefront as free DLC on December 8. If you pre-order the game, you get the DLC a week early on December 1.

Regiruler

The AT-ATs being scripted isn't that bad. In SWBF2 they were only in Hoth and the only direction you could go in was straight for the Rebel base.

Yeah you can turn them or leave them stationary but what purpose does that serve?
Whoever was piloting them became a god.

They were in another level too, forgot which.

Godan

You get to fly the millennium falcon? Man I am going to be saying "punch it chewie" so many times playing this.

Carn82

regarding Vehicles, no space battles confirmed:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/s...sive-first-look-at-star-wars-battlefront.aspx

"In our game, we want to bring the fantasy of dogfighting to players. We bring you the X-Wing, and we bring you the TIE Fighter, and other air vehicles that you want to fly in and experience, but we keep them on the planet's surface." This means that dogfighting is contained within a planet's atmosphere. To clarify even further, you won't be able to run around on the ground, hop into an X-Wing, take flight, and soar off into outer space. There are no space battles in this Battlefront game. Yes, it's a bit odd for a Star Wars combat game to not a map set in space, but as long as the vehicles move like we expect them too, it doesn't matter where the dogfighting unfolds. "

Shots are fired through the treeline toward the rebel troopers, and a squadron of stormtroopers pour out of the woods. Our trooper opens fire, downing several stormtroopers on a hillside. Each kill brings up "killstreak" experience points on the HUD, immediately connecting this game to DICE's other juggernaut franchise, Battlefield.

The laser blast from the Rebel trooper's rifle packs a punch, delivering a brief puff of smoke on the target's torso before the body collapses to the ground. Laser fire rips over head with the familiar flash seen in the original trilogy movies. The Rebel Alliance is making quick work of the stormtrooper onslaught, and is steadily moving forward across Endor's gorgeously realized terrain.

The density of the trees and the slopping landscape they occupy make sight lines difficult, and add intensity to the conflict. The Imperial attacks appear to be uncoordinated, with stormtroopers emerging from the brush with no support, and others in small squadrons of four to five soldiers. The Rebel Alliance, on the other hand, is fully coordinated, working together as a team (which all appear to be human-controlled in the demo).

I love that they'll have the bursts of smoke from laser blasts.

Battle pickups are back and Endor has Ewok villages in the trees:

The Ewok's elaborate village is seen briefly, high up by the tree canopy. An Imperial trooper uses one of the Ewok's bridges as a vantage point, but our trooper, who is now wielding a sniper rifle, takes him out with one nicely placed shot. The rifle spits out a green spherical shot.

The rebels push the fight further into the forest, where our soldier locates a rocket launcher of his own near a log. The rocket launcher is represented as a blue glowing icon, one of many "power-ups" that players can stumble upon in the environment.

Looks like the equivalent of an airstrike can be called in from uplink stations:

When the uplink is established, our rebel trooper orders a bomber strike. Rather than running away to safety, the rebel soldier sprints to the left side of the walker, and then through its legs. As he cuts beneath it, the walker takes a step forward, it's giant feet inches away from achieving a quick kill.

The scale of the walker is impressive, every bit as looming as it was when Luke bravely runs beneath one in The Empire Strikes Back. The sound of the walker's joints is identical to that of the film.

THIRD PERSON IS BACK

At this point, the player controlling the soldier changes the viewpoint from first-person to third, something players can freely do at any time during gameplay. The character model is nicely animated, his head apparently tracking potential enemy movement.

Top Bottom