• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds NYCC Trailer

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I think this right here is what I'm having a problem with, parts of the game look great, but things like this look like what a shitty flash game maker would do back when he first learned to keyframe. I dont get how the game can look so inconsistent and cheap, yet other parts look super polished. Parts of it seem like they are trying to go for a "rough around the edges, no production quality" look.

You have to remember that the trailers don't play in the 3DS' native resolution or show in 60 fps like the 3DS version will.

Lunar15

Goddamnit. They turned me off with that talk of an item store a few weeks ago, but they dragged me back in with all this nostalgia and high production value. I can't deny that I'm stoked.

Revven

Guy said it could be much more than just the Mask, it could be more!

So.....Majora's mask 3D confirmed?1?!

Could be that they're sort of making this game as way to introduce the masks into the world? And then, as a follow-up, MM3D next year?? :O

cdkee

Banned
Could be that they're sort of making this game as way to introduce the masks into the world? And then, as a follow-up, MM3D next year?? :O

I'm hoping for MM origin story, maybe.

But hopefully well get MM next year as well. Nintendo, it's free money, pls.

But damn I wasn't too hyped before...now..damn.

mantidor

Isn't Termina supposed to be a parallel world. Technically it shouldn't be affected by the timey wimey nonsense of Hyrule?

Termina and Lorule will follow whatever rules gameplay dictates.

I'm always dissapointed Zelda fans still don't get it, " Oh please Lorule be linked to Termina!!", I honestly don't care that much, it won't make ALBW become MM.

I think this right here is what I'm having a problem with, parts of the game look great, but things like this look like what a shitty flash game maker would do back when he first learned to keyframe. I dont get how the game can look so inconsistent and cheap, yet other parts look super polished. Parts of it seem like they are trying to go for a "rough around the edges, no production quality" look.

I don't think that that title screen is the in-game one? It looked more like a trailer-specific title screen?

TreIII

iJZ6f9i.jpg

Awwwwww yeah. The Blue Boar is back, after so long!

Pagusas

Elden Member
You have to remember that the trailers don't play in the 3DS' native resolution or show in 60 fps like the 3DS version will.

I'm not really talking about graphical things like aliasing, more talking about art direction and stylization choices. Like how that reflected triforce looks so ridulously stupid. Why would they approve that? At what point in the design process did they think that looked ok and projected the quality of the product? Stuff like that usually gets destroyed and redone as soon as someone who actually cares about the image of the product sees it. Instead as seen by several of the pictures in this thread, its like they just put out a lot of stuff not caring what the perceived quality looked like.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I'm not really talking about graphical things like aliasing, more talking about art direction and stylization choices. Like how that reflected triforce looks so ridulously stupid. Why would they approve that? At what point in the design process did they think that looked ok and projected the quality of the product? Stuff like that usually gets destroyed and redone as soon as someone who actually cares about the image of the product sees it. Instead as seen by several of the pictures in this thread, its like they just put out a lot of stuff not caring what the perceived quality looked like.
I think that's just for the trailer. I doubt that that specific animation will be in the game. But I did notice how bad it looked.

Grampasso

it looks amazing. hope the evil looking zelda really is evil and lorule is secretly where majora's mask took place so we can get some more of that world
Nah, she's not evil, in the trailer she says that Lorule "needs" a hero like Hyrule Link... so I suppose she tries to steal Link from Hyrule to save Lorule, he will end up saving both worlds but they'll forever be apart someway
Like in the end of Twilight Princess
Just pulling this out from nowhere :p
Game looks awesome though. Can't wait to live THAT moment in the Lost Woods, I cherish that in every single new Zelda title.

Darryl

Banned
Termina and Lorule will follow whatever rules gameplay dictates.

I'm always dissapointed Zelda fans still don't get it, " Oh please Lorule be linked to Termina!!", I honestly don't care that much, it won't make ALBW become MM.

i actually find the zelda lore pretty badass and even bought the book so excuse me princess

Anteo

So, she doesn't seem like 'dark' Zelda, but just 'alternate' Zelda. It sounds like something happened with this world's Link...

If you think about it, prior the Wind Waker they didnt have a hero, and their only choice was to pray to the gods and hope for the best. Hilda doesnt want that, so she is stealing Hyrule hero.

eXistor

Still not a fan of the art style, but it looks like the game will deliver in every other way. Contender for goty right here folks.

Wensih

Finally, this was a decent trailer. The game is starting to look alright, and this trailer tries to differentiate it from aLTTP a little so that's helpful.

Phatmac

It's kinda crazy that we'll be able to play a sequel to A Link to the past. So stoked to play this. Year of the 3ds!!

The only thing that bothers me is that it visually looks worse than the OoT remake we got last year. I would have expected the first new Zelda to at least match the visual quality of that, even with the overhead perspective. :/

Please let the game have skipabale tutorials and no hand holding, Skyward Sword and Mario & Luigi are among the worst.

Can't wait till Zelda Wii U is announced so the Zelda cycle can kick in and people can finally start giving Skyward Sword the respect it deserves. Damn fine game.

Neiteio

Didn't read the thread, and probably already said (hey that rhymed, ain't no crime), but Lowrule was a location in TW101 (although I see they spell it "Lorule" here). It's funny how a parody of Hyrule became an actual location in Zelda canon, lol.

But yeah, this looks fantastic. 60 fps in autostereoscopic 3D will be mindblowing.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So, the alternate mirror world has an upside-down Triforce motif. And (Skyward Sword spoilers, for those that care)
Demise's evil Master Sword - i.e. Ghirahim's sword form - also has an upside-down Triforce symbol on it.
Is there some significance?

Can't wait till Zelda Wii U is announced so the Zelda cycle can kick in and people can finally start giving Skyward Sword the respect it deserves. Damn fine game.

Stop with the Zelda cycle already. It's not a thing. SS had major issues, just as Wind Waker did (and still does).

kidko

Not feeling this :-/ I wish I was, but I don't like the look or sound effects or anything. Only thing I liked was the music.

(this coming from someone who feels A Link to the Past made me love games)

You are right about those sounds... what the heck (minus the pulls from LTTP ofcourse)

Top Bottom