• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Wallach

NJlaJIw.png

eeeeeexcellent

That's kind of funny considering they just recently came out and basically said they have no plans to support Vive officially.

Not surprised they want to get on PSVR though, has better chance of paying dividends for them.

jmaine_ph

Reviews sound like exactly what I expected from the first gen PSVR! I'm so excited to get mines (hopefully next week if amazon doesn't screw me over)

Mikeside

Iffy reviews got me to cancel VR Worlds and Until Dawn - I'll wait and see what those look like when they're in more peoples' hands.

Now I'm tempted to pull the trigger on Battlezone to replace them...

Briarios

Iffy reviews got me to cancel VR Worlds and Until Dawn - I'll wait and see what those look like when they're in more peoples' hands.

Now I'm tempted to pull the trigger on Battlezone to replace them...

Someone in the review thread just said they're really enjoying until dawn lol I think the experiences are going to be more varied here than your typical games.

Experien

Someone in the review thread just said they're really enjoying until dawn lol I think the experiences are going to be more varied here than your typical games.

Yeah, if you like on rail shooters and scary, you will like that.

Curious if a lot of reviewers will trash games because a lot of launch titles are rail/stationary shooters and they don't like that.

Mikeside

They're split enough that I'm gonna hold off - no reason I can't get it in the coming weeks

The problem I have here is why wasn't battlezone already on the list...

I didn't want to spend too much money, to be honest!
It's not that I don't think it's worth the £45-50 they're asking, but when buying headphones, move controllers and the actual PSVR, I thought Stardust for £12 should be a better offering, but I've just freed up 2 other purchases so maybe I'll just get both now!

Of course, I could just hold out for Eagle Flight in a few weeks...

Gemeanie

I'm probably the only person looking forward to cheating in a VR classroom but does Classroom Aquatic have a release date yet?

They're split enough that I'm gonna hold off - no reason I can't get it in the coming weeks

I didn't want to spend too much money, to be honest!
It's not that I don't think it's worth the £45-50 they're asking, but when buying headphones, move controllers and the actual PSVR, I thought Stardust for £12 should be a better offering, but I've just freed up 2 other purchases so maybe I'll just get both now!

Of course, I could just hold out for Eagle Flight in a few weeks...
Yea I hear you man I had to lower my purchases down to 4 titles.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one hyped for eagle flight next month

RootCause

Yeah this is an important point. You should really test the headphones first with the PSVR on, Ive found a lot of headphones sliding off when looking around in VR, because you cant get them to sit correctly with the forhead portion of the PSVR and the straps going around the head. It was really distracting trying to keep headphones from falling off. Even the headphones Sony demos with the PSVR wouldnt stay on properly.
Hmm.. I hope I don't have to put them on too tight.

I'm surprised how close my list is to PS Blog list. But I think they have some errors.

Waddle Home, Windlands, VEV, Brookhaven Experiment where confirmed for Oct 13 release no?

I wanna know how accurate Sid Shaman's list is.

The rest seem good.

Afrikan

Damn was hoping Fox Sports VR App that's available for Android would've made it for launch.

They telecast some College Football games and other sports. Hopefully it is going to be on the next wave of Apps.

Kyolux

I'm surprised how close my list is to PS Blog list. But I think they have some errors.

Waddle Home, Windlands, VEV, Brookhaven Experiment where confirmed for Oct 13 release no?

The rest seem good.

Possibly they didn't make cert or Sony considered there was "too much" already for Oct 13 and forced them to release later?

The rest seem good.

Yeah.

I've had Waddle Home and Windlands confirmed first hand. VEV was confirmed by dev on GAF. Brookhaven was stated by dev on Twitter IIRC.

Yeah.

I've had Waddle Home and Windlands confirmed first hand. VEV was confirmed by dev on GAF. Brookhaven was stated by dev on Twitter IIRC.

We should probably reconfirm with them. Even Waddle Home trailer says October 13.

EDIT: Also Catlateral Damage and Attractio are missing from the list both confirmed for Day 1 VR update by Twitter.

opie211

Noticed on the Playstation Blog it looks like Tethered is no longer a launch title. It says Q4 2016. Any seen an update from the developers, or anything indicating an actual date. Sorta bummed as I was looking forward to it.

SHarris78

Kyolux

That GB stream sold me on Arkham VR. $20 for a tech demo to fuck around with and has a Batman skin seems fine by me.

Any positive reviews worth reading on Batman? All I've seen this morning pushed me to cancel my order. (I think I'll get it digital anyway if I do)

Vinter

Sucks that Until Dawn: Rush of Blood looks rough, but I will get both that and Batman since it seems worth a shot. I really hope Here They Lie deliver though. I bought this headset for the horror experience basically.

Noticed on the Playstation Blog it looks like Tethered is no longer a launch title. It says Q4 2016. Any seen an update from the developers, or anything indicating an actual date. Sorta bummed as I was looking forward to it.

I spoke to them at EGX. They told me they were avoiding day one and should be out later in October

N30RYU

I guess my Dinosaur VR experience will have to wait... since Robinson is not a launch game... TT-TT

Not even a demo...

Shoeless

I guess my Dinosaur VR experience will have to wait... since Robinson is not a launch game... TT-TT

Not even a demo...

Same for me. I'm surprised to see Time Travel by Minority Media on that list, though. At first it seemed like it was coming to PSVR, then Minority Media announced it was going to be an Oculus Exclusive, and now it's coming to PSVR after all, so at least that also has dinosaurs in it.

Thewonandonly

Havnt heard any buzz about world war toons but I think it looks cool. Motion sickness inducing probley but it still looks cool and it's free to play :)

Also thumper looks really cool and so does rush of blood :)

Decided to pre order the new move controller box set thing. I was like screw it, it's gonna cost me like £30 more than used but I know 100% they will work. Plus shiny new stuff.

Really looking forward to it now. Remember thinking as a kid how awesome VR would be with Lawnmower Man and stuff

RootCause

Hmmm... Is it safe to switch payment method at this point?
I'm considering switching to my other card, and using the rewards points, and not having to pay anything. But if it gets canned... :x

I notice that the EU blog post specifically excludes apps. They say to expect an update soon.

Anyway, events over the last day or few have shuffled my wish list. Pity VR Worlds which had tumbled from day 1 to 'maybe'.

So right now I'm thinking:
[ ] Battlezone (preorder confirmed)
[ ] Futuridium (free upgrade)
[ ] Rez Infinite (obviously)
[ ] Tumble VR (cheap and good reviews)
[ ] Driveclub VR (waiting for demo)
[ ] Thumper (waiting for review)
[ ] Here they lie (too scary?)
[ ] Eve: Valkyrie (gets dull fast?)
[ ] Rigs (waiting for demo)
[ ] Loading Human (waiting for review)
[ ] SuperHyperCube (limited content?)
[ ] VR Worlds (mixed reviews)

KORNdoggy

I honestly never thought the site would ever stop scrolling. Thats a lot of launch/launch window content. Now they just need to pass this information onto retailers so i can, you know....buy them. Rigs is a normal price and avaliable to pre order. Battlezone is £50 which is extortionate but avaliable for pre order. Driveclub is suposed to be getting a physical release but has no price and cannot be ordered? (Amazon)

muteki

Somewhat disappointing that the TrackMania VR stuff is exclusive VR tracks and not simply playing the existing game in VR switched on. Doesn't mention multiplayer either.

Top Bottom