• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's talk Xbox 720: Xbox World shares everything it knows about the next console

StevieP

Banned
Don't have any.

Lies! :)

A lot of what makes consoles attractive is that developers find ways to use "smoke and mirrors" to achieve fantastic results out of hardware that isn't exactly cream of the crop. The thing with that is that those same smoke and mirrors are just as valid anywhere else.

I own multiple consoles and multiple high end PCs, and most often game on my PCs. However stepping back to consoles doesn't jar me unless I'm playing games that are leagues beyond their console equivalents (stuff like shooters - BF3 is nearly a different game, for example).

These lines should be a little bit more blurred when the rest of the 8th generation consoles launch, but that doesn't mean anyone's going to break the laws of physics and create something that surpasses what's considered very high end on the PC front with a power draw half or less of that equivalent. If there was any "magic" around like that, they'd be selling it on the consumer front as well.

There's a reason (1.6ghz) Jaguar cores keep getting mentioned instead of the original Steamroller equivalents, at least on the PS4 front. There are hard thermal limits to contend with. What the console ends up with in the end won't be known until it is revealed, but AMD's Jaguar (i.e. Intel's Atom) and Steamroller (i.e. Intel's i5) are 2 very different product classes.

StevieP

Banned
You're saying you have insider info on the graphical capabilities of next gen consoles or...?

I was contending that even with common sense and the laws of physics you can easily infer that you won't have the equivalent to today's high end PCs in tomorrow's console.

Proelite

I was contending that even with common sense and the laws of physics you can easily infer that you won't have the equivalent to today's high end PCs in tomorrow's console.

Your common sense and laws of physics bent for your agenda.

Today's amd gcn cus are not even close to be the most efficient it can be for graphical work.

Proelite

Games were being developed on octo-core xeons and gtx 680/ 7970 for next generation as off a few months ago, not sure if beta kits have newer silicon. We should expect to see some amazing things at e3. That's all I've to say. :D

StevieP

Banned
Games were being developed on octo-core xeons and gtx 680/ 7970 for next generation as off a few months ago, not sure if beta kits have newer silicon. We should expect to see some amazing things at e3. That's all I've to say. :D

Alpha kits shouldn't be used to judge final hardware. The Wii U alpha kits had 4850s (lol look how that turned out). The original 360 kit was using a PowerPC G5 CPU, which was orders of magnitude more powerful than Xenon.

The Xbox will have 8gb of ram.

entremet

IIRC DX12 is light years away away, we'll continue to see incremental additions to DX11 for quite some time. As it stands, even very new PC games still launch designed for, or compatible with DX9. It would take a console footprint to change that landscape, and it will probably happen next gen.

I suspect 720 will be capable for DX11+.. meaning current and future variants of DX11. If MS wants the 720 to be DX12 compliant, they will purposely engineer DX12 to work within the confines of the 720 in some fashion.

Keep in mind, MS has rebuilt so many archaic designs over the past years. It took over a decade to end of life some software that was holding them back, and starting from new kernals etc.. But in 2012 we got Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Surface.. all new lines, many stem from older kernals but they were architect'd out of the restraints that most of those older kernals had. Essentially, modern MS software is fairly bleeding edge stuff, written from the ground up to integrate cross platform and unify the Live brand and service across all platforms. Think about this, the Xbox 360 is 7, going on 8 years old and still ties into services that exist and are integrated on brand new MS operating systems and hardware.

The 720 is going to be a beast, not just hardware wise.. but software. Whatever OS that MS is developing for the 720 will likely be some kind of spinoff of Win8, so that porting between Win8, 720 and WinPhone 8 will be so attractive, developers will look at the competition and chuckle a little bit. Sony and Nintendo are powerhouses themselves, each with their own strengths, I expect good things from both of them as well this next generation. Both will play to their strengths, just as MS will. But neither of them is a software giant like MS. MS is coming into its 3rd generation off of a HUGE success of a second gen. They're unifying all their hardware with all their software and all their software is integrated on all platforms. They are going to flex that prowess, the time is right, their other new platforms have launched.. all thats left is 720.

Neither Sony nor Nintendo is going to be able to compete feature to feature is MS any longer.. at least from an operating system, integrated services/feature level that is. They'll have similar services, similar features, but nothing either of them does will be standardized, and integrated into the entire experience like anything Live will be. Neither are going to integrate their core services into both PC, tablets and smart phones as well. I'm hoping this actually inspires Sony to do something out of the box, and be creative with PSN. Being a 'free', lesser competitor of Live isn't going to cut it in 2013 and beyond.

Consumers expect more from their electronics these days. Most smart phones do 100x more than either the 360 or PS3 as it is. Next gen consoles need to step it up if they want to impress consumers.. shiny graphics, and 1st party games aren't enough. I'm pretty excited to see what both Sony and MS are going to bring to the table next.. I'm hoping bigger and better in every way, but cost is a factor. If this gen has taught us anything its that the 5 year console cycle doesn't need to exist. Sony and/or MS can developer a powerhouse console and take a loss for a few years if that means they can turn that around and profit for another 5-7 years afterwards.

I kinda agree with this. MS has been building this stuff for a long time. Sony is hardware maker and are weak at software and Nintendo is just lol.

Hatten

If those rumors are true then thats a lot of gimmicky crap that wont add anything to the experience

Digital distribution like steam, a VR headset like the Rift and a normal 4-5 lifecycle would be great news

A dumb wiiu controller, augmented reality that nobody wants and another 7+ years of the same hardware while PC moves ahead is bad news for me.

StevieP

Banned
What do the laws of physics have to do with anything?

They dictate which kind of/how many/etc chips can go into a console and how hot/fast they can run.

Hatten said:
A dumb wiiu controller

There are a LOT of things about the Wii U that are dumb. The controller isn't one of them (though I can't stand dual analog for shooters in any case).

Hatten said:
7+ years of the same hardware while PC moves ahead

The other 8th generation consoles are going to be a jump compared today's consoles. PCs are always going to move ahead. That doesn't change.

Bgamer90

Banned
In terms of media, I think one big thing that some people aren't noticing and/or giving that much importance to is the fact that Xbox is the only major console that has partnered up with ESPN.

ESPN is the biggest thing that's holding most people back from dumping cable. I have a feeling that MS is going to introduce some very interesting things next gen based on that fact.

Proelite

I kinda agree with this. MS has been building this stuff for a long time. Sony is hardware maker and are weak at software and Nintendo is just lol.

Going in the next generation, Microsoft has the potential to be better than hardware, and Sony at software.

Sounds odd doesn't it.

MS has been hiring ex AMD / IBM hardware people left and right, in addition to already having a lot of chip designers. Like Apple they're capable of making their own things.

Sony can be much faster and agile than MS at software, MS is notorious in the industry for its red tape and burdensome work flow.

BlackJace

In terms of media, I think one big thing that some people aren't noticing and/or giving that much importance to is the fact that Xbox is the only major console that has partnered up with ESPN.

ESPN is the biggest thing that's holding most people back from dumping cable. I have a feeling that MS is going to introduce some very interesting things next gen based on that fact.

Of course. They aim to beat Apple in the living room, and I'm positive the Nextbox will offer many multimedia capabilities as well as gaming in order to do this. Hopefully gaming remains as their primary focus. The past E3s reflect that it might not.

Eideka

Banned

That bodes well, very well.

KageMaru

His post had some points but I found it to be rather hyperbolic. The playstation brand is still a monster in the industry and Sony is hungry for money. That could make them very lethal next Gen imo.

There are a LOT of things about the Wii U that are dumb. The controller isn't one of them (though I can't stand dual analog for shooters in any case).

While a controller with a screen has potential, the impact on battery life could be an issue for gamers. The estimated 3 hour charge for the wii-u is incredibly stupid imo.[/QUOTE]

Of course. They aim to beat Apple in the living room, and I'm positive the Nextbox will offer many multimedia capabilities as well as gaming in order to do this. Hopefully gaming remains as their primary focus. The past E3s reflect that it might not.

Why? I only watched it once but it seemed like a step in the gaming direction compared to the poor showing in 2010 & 2011.

BlackJace

Why? I only watched it once but it seemed like a step in the gaming direction compared to the poor showing in 2010 & 2011.

I guess you didn't watch 2012's eh? Services, services, services. That was the crux of their E3 presentations, as well previous ones. They literally spent close to 25 mins on a fucking Nike-Xbox Live partnership. They emphasized more partnerships with cable, sports, and other media outlets. A couple game trailers, and that was it.

Microsoft is coming for your living room next generation. Count on it.

aegies

I guess you didn't watch 2012's eh? Services, services, services. That was the crux of their E3 presentations, as well previous ones. They literally spent close to 25 mins on a fucking Nike-Xbox Live partnership. They emphasized more partnerships with cable, sports, and other media outlets. A couple game trailers, and that was it.

The latter half of a console generation is when everyone goes for a broader audience. Services were Microsoft's plan for that.

StevieP

Banned
While a controller with a screen has potential, the impact on battery life could be an issue for gamers. The estimated 3 hour charge for the wii-u is incredibly stupid imo.

It doesn't have to be a 6" screen, either. Nintendo's smaller cell-phone-sized battery is both makes the controller cheaper to produce and has a smaller impact on controller weight (both important factors to them). A smaller controller with less weight is a viable option if another console manufacturer wishes to put a screen in their controller as well. It's not a bad utility.

Microsoft is eager to sell you on services as much as it is games. Which, imo, is the correct course of action considering that traditional console gaming is facing a contraction this upcoming generation. (Both in terms of sales and software publishers). Services are going to be very important going forward as much as core gaming, as is "family factor" (hence Kinect 2.0 in box and various outside functions like cable DVR etc)

BlackJace

The latter half of a console generation is when everyone goes for a broader audience. Services were Microsoft's plan for that.

Surely those plans are going to carry over into their philosophy for next gen as well. Are they going to give gamers the cold shoulder? No, but you can bet that MS is aware of the audience they can capture by going with a multimedia "jack-of-all-trades" system.

aegies

Surely those plans are going to carry over into their philosophy for next gen as well. Are they going to give gamers the cold shoulder? No, but you can bet that MS is aware of the audience they can capture by going with a multimedia "jack-of-all-trades" system.

They're fully aware of the audience that jumps into a new console at launch, and it's not the people downloading the USA Today app.

KageMaru

Sounds like you're the one who didn't watch it.

Yes, they dedicated a good chunk to services, but they also showed some games and announced a few as well. As it was already pointed out, no company is going to dedicate the whole conference to the core audience this late in the Gen.

You're right though, MS is coming for your living room, but so is Sony and even Nintendo (in their own feeble way). =P

It doesn't have to be a 6" screen, either. Nintendo's smaller cell-phone-sized battery is both makes the controller cheaper to produce and has a smaller impact on controller weight (both important factors to them). A smaller controller with less weight is a viable option if another console manufacturer wishes to put a screen in their controller as well.

You're right, though I'm still not fond of the idea. At least if that does happen, it's unlikely the controller will be too small like the ps3 and 360 controllers.

Microsoft is eager to sell you on services as much as it is games. Which, imo, is the correct course of action considering that traditional console gaming is facing a contraction this upcoming generation. (Both in terms of sales and software publishers). Services are going to be very important going forward as much as core gaming, as is "family factor" (hence Kinect 2.0 in box and various outside functions like cable DVR etc)

I agree, there's no reason to have these powerful consoles restricted to just games. My concern is they will dedicate too much of the resources to the OS.

They're fully aware of the audience that jumps into a new console at launch, and it's not the people downloading the USA Today app.

I see MS attempting to transition all of their customer base over ASAP. They finally have a good foothold in the living room, and will want the revenue that VOD, Live, etc bring in. The service apps should see a fairly quick transition between consoles, USA Today included.

For me, I am most excited about smart glass implementation in the next system. I already play games with my laptop open. having that screen be contextually aware of where I am in a game would be awesome. :)

BlackJace

We'll see I guess. Let's hope the audience you speak of is ready at launch.

Sounds like you're the one who didn't watch it.

Yes, they dedicated a good chunk to services, but they also showed some games and announced a few as well. As it was already pointed out, no company is going to dedicate the whole conference to the core audience this late in the Gen.

Tell me what gaming announcements happened at E3 2012 besides Gears, Halo, and Forza.

saunderez

I see MS attempting to transition all of their customer base over ASAP. They finally have a good foothold in the living room, and will want the revenue that VOD, Live, etc bring in. The service apps should see a fairly quick transition between consoles, USA Today included.

For me, I am most excited about smart glass implementation in the next system. I already play games with my laptop open. having that screen be contextually aware of where I am in a game would be awesome. :)
You're absolutely right but traditionally early adopters are hardcore gamers and Microsoft knows that well and will cater to them. The suggestion that they've abandoned gamers for the expanded audience is ludicrous, they've released 2 consoles now they know what they're doing.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
It probably wont happen but I wouldn't mind seeing a $599 or even $799 console at launch.

In 2005 that would have sounded insane, but in 2013, not so much..

Consoles in 2005 were pretty much about games and nothing more. With PS3's blu ray, and Xbox becoming a complete entertainment hub, things have changed, considerably.

The Next Xbox will likely be the only device in the living room you really need to turn on to get movies, news, games, social media, tv shows, music, etc.

It will also likely have a 8-10 year life span. I know in 2005 sitting in line for my $400 360 Pro, I totally 100% expected I would be sitting in line again in 2009-2010 for the next Xbox. And that was fine. We have people by the millions upgrading smartphones and tablets every year, or ofter every 2 years, for $500 and up. Sure they are different needs and do more in a sense, but a console, a device you only upgrade once per decade... I think its a lot easier to chew than "Here is this $800 tablet for Christmas that will be outdated in 4 months."

Now that Xbox is more than just a video game system, and now that it is something that is built to last 8-10 years rather than 4-5.. I think it would be easier to swallow (aside from here on GAF where the universe would implode.)

I mean really, is spending $599 on a console that you will buy thousands of dollars worth of software for, and will be a central hub of your entertainment for a decade, that much of an asking price?

We may very well be playing these next systems in 2023 or even beyond. I say lets make the investment so that they last.

My 2 cents on console prices, stemming off of the fact that although I know next gen will be a huge leap, I know by 2017 I will be wishing my new graphics card would be put to use, and saddened by the fact that I have to wait 6 more years for the low end bar to be raised.

More expensive and beefy consoles wouldn't fix that completely, but they would help a bit.

You're absolutely right but traditionally early adopters are hardcore gamers and Microsoft knows that well and will cater to them. The suggestion that they've abandoned gamers for the expanded audience is ludicrous, they've released 2 consoles now they know what they're doing.

I think the subscription model will allow MS to make a play for mass market on day one. They have to view the next xbox as a key part of their Windows 8 ecosystem and will do everything they can to put one in every living room at launch.

Mrbob

I think the subscription model will allow MS to make a play for mass market on day one. They have to view the next xbox as a key part of their Windows 8 ecosystem and will do everything they can to put one in every living room at launch.

If this is the case, I don't think it's going to work out like they anticipated. People are not buying Windows phones. People are not buying Windows tablets. People are not really buying Windows 8 either. That's a lot of responsibility to have the Xbox division prop up the entirety of Windows 8.

Camp Lo

Banned
I've never been more confident than the real specs will be lackluster for both PS4 and this.

Edit: not believing the hype anymore

It probably wont happen but I wouldn't mind seeing a $599 or even $799 console at launch.

Consoles in 2005 were pretty much about games and nothing more. With PS3's blu ray, and Xbox becoming a complete entertainment hub, things have changed, considerably.

The Next Xbox will likely be the only device in the living room you really need to turn on to get movies, news, games, social media, tv shows, music, etc.

It will also likely have a 8-10 year life span. I know in 2005 sitting in line for my $400 360 Pro, I totally 100% expected I would be sitting in line again in 2009-2010 for the next Xbox. And that was fine. We have people by the millions upgrading smartphones and tablets every year, or ofter every 2 years, for $500 and up. Sure they are different needs and do more in a sense, but a console, a device you only upgrade once per decade... I think its a lot easier to chew than "Here is this $800 tablet for Christmas that will be outdated in 4 months."

Now that Xbox is more than just a video game system, and now that it is something that is built to last 8-10 years rather than 4-5.. I think it would be easier to swallow (aside from here on GAF where the universe would implode.)

I mean really, is spending $599 on a console that you will buy thousands of dollars worth of software for, and will be a central hub of your entertainment for a decade, that much of an asking price?

We may very well be playing these next systems in 2023 or even beyond. I say lets make the investment so that they last.

My 2 cents on console prices, stemming off of the fact that although I know next gen will be a huge leap, I know by 2017 I will be wishing my new graphics card would be put to use, and saddened by the fact that I have to wait 6 more years for the low end bar to be raised.

More expensive and beefy consoles wouldn't fix that completely, but they would help a bit.
The thought that we may not see another generation shift past this next one until 2023 is pretty depressing.

Camp Lo

Banned
Lackluster compared to what? A high end PC or the nearly decade old current gen consoles?

The leaps between generations compared to PC, which has always been like the older brother to the two battling siblings.

If I made a purchase, it would be years into the cycle.

Moegames

Banned
IIRC DX12 is light years away away, we'll continue to see incremental additions to DX11 for quite some time. As it stands, even very new PC games still launch designed for, or compatible with DX9. It would take a console footprint to change that landscape, and it will probably happen next gen.

I suspect 720 will be capable for DX11+.. meaning current and future variants of DX11. If MS wants the 720 to be DX12 compliant, they will purposely engineer DX12 to work within the confines of the 720 in some fashion.

Keep in mind, MS has rebuilt so many archaic designs over the past years. It took over a decade to end of life some software that was holding them back, and starting from new kernals etc.. But in 2012 we got Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Surface.. all new lines, many stem from older kernals but they were architect'd out of the restraints that most of those older kernals had. Essentially, modern MS software is fairly bleeding edge stuff, written from the ground up to integrate cross platform and unify the Live brand and service across all platforms. Think about this, the Xbox 360 is 7, going on 8 years old and still ties into services that exist and are integrated on brand new MS operating systems and hardware.

The 720 is going to be a beast, not just hardware wise.. but software. Whatever OS that MS is developing for the 720 will likely be some kind of spinoff of Win8, so that porting between Win8, 720 and WinPhone 8 will be so attractive, developers will look at the competition and chuckle a little bit. Sony and Nintendo are powerhouses themselves, each with their own strengths, I expect good things from both of them as well this next generation. Both will play to their strengths, just as MS will. But neither of them is a software giant like MS. MS is coming into its 3rd generation off of a HUGE success of a second gen. They're unifying all their hardware with all their software and all their software is integrated on all platforms. They are going to flex that prowess, the time is right, their other new platforms have launched.. all thats left is 720.

Neither Sony nor Nintendo is going to be able to compete feature to feature is MS any longer.. at least from an operating system, integrated services/feature level that is. They'll have similar services, similar features, but nothing either of them does will be standardized, and integrated into the entire experience like anything Live will be. Neither are going to integrate their core services into both PC, tablets and smart phones as well. I'm hoping this actually inspires Sony to do something out of the box, and be creative with PSN. Being a 'free', lesser competitor of Live isn't going to cut it in 2013 and beyond.

Consumers expect more from their electronics these days. Most smart phones do 100x more than either the 360 or PS3 as it is. Next gen consoles need to step it up if they want to impress consumers.. shiny graphics, and 1st party games aren't enough. I'm pretty excited to see what both Sony and MS are going to bring to the table next.. I'm hoping bigger and better in every way, but cost is a factor. If this gen has taught us anything its that the 5 year console cycle doesn't need to exist. Sony and/or MS can developer a powerhouse console and take a loss for a few years if that means they can turn that around and profit for another 5-7 years afterwards.

One of the best posts i've read in a while. I totally agree.. MS is out to streamline everything into one flowing system no matter what device..if it runs a Microsoft system..its going to be integrated and if its one thing that MS knows..its how to do software the "right way". I am so hyped for these next consoles...as you said both will be great in their own strengths but i believe MS will truly take a huge lead this coming generation in terms of being the king of consoles.

I remember before the original xbox released ..cant remember what MS rep said this..one of the big wig guys from MS stated that in a generation or two that they would be the king of consoles and a big part of it would be the integration of multiple systems streamlined together (software wise/OS) while using cutting edge hardware doing it.

I am really looking forward to the guts of the next xbox...i am really eager to see what type of custom hardware it will sport..i know it'll be a beast of a console though and the great thing about MS consoles is they have a HUGE advantage with directx11 as its their own thing.

The PC gaming scene will truly benefit once MS launches its next consoles too! A lot of people seem to overlook that their PC gaming is a direct product of Microsoft's software regardless of who developes the pc game..it is still a MS product at the end of the day.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The leaps between generations compared to PC, which has always been like the older brother to the two battling siblings.

If I made a purchase, it would be years into the cycle.
I think this will be the first time that launch PC ports don't take a massive hit in IQ to run on the next gen consoles. But it's mostly because the PC hardware arms race is at a standstill. My old ass 5850 is still killing those ports.

Look, there is also a completely different matter that relates to Vita, Wii U, 3DS. None of them launched with remotely great game. Neither did PS3 or Xbox 360. Remember how many said the only game really worth getting at the 360 launch was Geometry Wars?
Okay, to be fair, people played up Call of Duty 2, but let's be honest that game didn't matter and was a poor band aid, for the failure of Perfect Dark Zero.

I'm looking at this, and besides being an early adopter brings a lot of risk (and always will!), I just doubt there will be any killer Apps, system sellers let alone truly must-play games.

And this is also just combined with strict deadlines, new hardware and uncertainty due to making big budget games for a system that has not launched.

PS2 still beat Xbox 360 in sales for a while after it launched, and it makes sense - Even though the old hardware was running on last legs, the value was insane. As is 360 right now. You can get a crazy amount of fantastic must-play games for nothing. It makes sense for the average consumer to buy a 99 Xbox 360 and jump in with 3 months of Live, and 3-5 amazing games.

Based on the past couple of console launches it seems like the first killer game arrives a year to a year and a half after release. But maybe it doesn't matter because a new console is like a new toy. It's shiny and perfect and infallible.
Microsoft, probably knows this and they know it's not a strength. The consumer numbers that truly matters dont buy consoles before they are 250 or less. 200 preferebly. That's where families can get in. That is where it becomes an option for a lot of the middle class for Xmas and birthdays.

But who knows. They will now launch with XBLA experience of many years. They might have a slew of good indie devs making XBLA exclusives alongside the launch, and those indie games might have a good chance of making headroom. If we look at Journey, Castle Crashers, Hotline Miami, Braid, Minecraft, Limbo and so on. These games are stars even though they are small. And that's fantastic. This is what I am looking forward to most on 720. I want to see what it can do.

I hope it will have a SSD cache that allows the UI and OS home screen to load instantaniously, unlike the sluggish Wii U(??)

KageMaru

Tell me what gaming announcements happened at E3 2012 besides Gears, Halo, and Forza.

Are you also one of those posters who believes they'll only produce Halo, Gears, and Forza next gen?

Also they announced Matter, LocoCycle, Ascend New Gods, and Wreckateer IIRC.

I don't think the subscription model is really doing much for the 360 sales now, so I question if it'll make a difference next gen.

BlackJace

Are you also one of those posters who believes they'll only produce Halo, Gears, and Forza next gen?

Also they announced Matter, LocoCycle, Ascend New Gods, and Wreckateer IIRC.

Oh, I believe we'll see a couple new IPs next gen. My point was that their last E3 showing didn't seem to be focused on the games.

If those rumors are true then thats a lot of gimmicky crap that wont add anything to the experience

Digital distribution like steam, a VR headset like the Rift and a normal 4-5 lifecycle would be great news

A dumb wiiu controller, augmented reality that nobody wants and another 7+ years of the same hardware while PC moves ahead is bad news for me.

Hah... You're only kidding yourself if you think that MS or Sony would release a new console within 4-5 years. The companies are spending massive amounts of R&D building kick ass machines that will last for years and years. I would expect the next generation to last longer than the current one. The era of the 4 year life cycle is over for TV consoles. I really don't think that's a bad thing though. As a consumer I get to buy a piece of hardware and know I won't have to buy a new one for years, and on top of that, the game developers are always pushing the hardware, even to this day (compare Halo 4 to any launch title) so it's not like the machines don't have any life left in them. Yes, we probably are nearing its limits, but we aren't there yet.

Even Nintendo defied the "normal" lifecycle and had 6 years between console releases. I would expect a similar, if not longer lifecycle going into their next console as well.

DieH@rd

Banned
Dev kits have 680/7970s in them? Link?

Any link pointing you to that kind of information will lead you to the fake rumors. We dont know what is in devkits, and even if we knew, only early PC-based devkits are out there. In ~2 revisions developers will finally get devkits with hardware thats comparative to the real deal.

Tookay

If even half the things rumored in this list are true, this console's going to be costly as fuck and I question what kind of market Microsoft is designing it for.

In 2013, with the economy being the way it is, it's still too much.

Oh, I believe we'll see a couple new IPs next gen. My point was that their last E3 showing didn't seem to be focused on the games.

It featured Halo 4, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Fifa 13, Madden 13, Fable: The Journey, Gears of War: Judgment, Forza Horizon, Tomb Raider, Ascend: New Gods, LocoCycle, Matter, Resident Evil 6, Wreckateer, South Park: The Stick of Truth, Dance Central 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. In addition to that, they also announced Nike+ Kinect Training, a few new service partners, Xbox Music, SmartGlass (which can be used to enhance games, among other things) and IE for Xbox. I'd say that's still rather focused on games.

SSM25

Any link pointing you to that kind of information will lead you to the fake rumors. We dont know what is in devkits, and even if we knew, only early PC-based devkits are out there. In ~2 revisions developers will finally get devkits with hardware thats comparative to the real deal.

Exactly!

Top Bottom