• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Living with my crush/best friend for the next 2 weeks

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I got a laugh out of this thanks OP.

I knew a girl like that. This was like 12 years ago when I was dumb as a rock and she started banging some dude and told me "she was on a break" from being a Mormon so should could drink and fuck to her heart's content.

I think that was the point at which I snapped out of following my dick around like a divining rod.

I don't want to talk badly about her right now but it's not as direct as it seems. Even after she "rejected me" 2.5 years ago, about a year ago she brought up how she learned that she didn't know Muslim boys were allowed to marry girls of other religions and asked me if that was true. She even told me she wished that I was catholic and even implied conversion. I can't convert though, I just can't because I don't want to leave behind my existing family. When she says stuff like that, it's hard for me to believe she doesn't have any feelings whatsoever for me. But I guess she could've been just asking those questions for the knowledge.

She is manipulative, but in ways I am too. That's why I described the relationship as being "toxic." Right now all is well though.

your grasping at so many straws man.

let it go.

Zyae

I don't want to talk badly about her right now but it's not as direct as it seems. Even after she "rejected me" 2.5 years ago, about a year ago she brought up how she learned that she didn't know Muslim boys were allowed to marry girls of other religions and asked me if that was true. She even told me she wished that I was catholic and even implied conversion. I can't convert though, I just can't because I don't want to leave behind my existing family. When she says stuff like that, it's hard for me to believe she doesn't have any feelings whatsoever for me. But I guess she could've been just asking those questions for the knowledge.

She is manipulative, but in ways I am too. That's why I described the relationship as being "toxic." Right now all is well though.

You are delusional. You need to wake up. This is not going anywhere. You are convinced that everyone is wrong and your "relationship" with her is different and no one understands. You are wrong.

- makes relationship topic on gaf to get different pov
- doesn't listen to the 99% who universally tells OP that they're wrong
- usually listens to the 1% that agrees with OP
- in case that there is no 1% but 100% disagree with OP so they can't latch on to that one quote, they tell everyone that they don't understand the whole situation. However, they are thankful for all the replies and find a lot of them funny.
- once a year, things actually work out

this is almost every relationship advice gaf topic, I basically come for the popcorn or the cringe.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
- makes relationship topic on gaf to get different pov
- doesn't listen to the 99% who universally tells OP that they're wrong
- usually listens to the 1% that agrees with OP
- in case that there is no 1% but 100% disagree with OP so they can't latch on to that one quote, they tell everyone that they don't understand the whole situation. However, they are thankful for all the replies and find a lot of them funny.
- once a year, things actually work out

this is almost every relationship advice gaf topic, I basically come for the popcorn or the cringe.

GAF relationship threads always go legend because nobody sane would make a relationship thread on GAF. It's always some friend-zoned guy who can't take a hint because he interprets being let down gently as a mixed-signal instead of what it is.

In all those years that she knew you wanted her, she never dated you.

Let it gooooooo

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member

So you both sound like bad people.

Please stay with each other for the rest of your lives so no one else has to endure the games yall play.

Sami+

GAF relationship threads always go legend because nobody sane would make a relationship thread on GAF. It's always some friend-zoned guy who can't take a hint because he interprets being let down gently as a mixed-signal instead of what it is.

This is true. I made a GAF relationship thread when I was 18 and regret it to this day cuz I acted like a big fool. 😳

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
These things never end well
fugitiveinohio.gif

I went in with a mindset that she's not technically mine and therefore, I can't control what she can't and cannot do.

i cant believe i missed this.

OP, does this mean you once had the mindset that she was yours and you CAN control what she can and cannot do?

you know even if she dated you, shes not fucking YOURS right?

i cant believe i missed this.

OP, does this mean you once had the mindset that she was yours and you CAN control what she can and cannot do?

you know even if she dated you, shes not fucking YOURS right?

Yes I missed this quote too because I never thought people would take it so literally.

Guys, I meant "mine" as in I know she's "technically not [my GF]" not "mine" as in I'm treating her like an object. Of course I'm not trying to say I can control what I can can't do.

Geez...you know how in movies or on insta when people say "mine" they're referring to their BFs/GFs? And even if she was "mine" I still don't mean that it means I can control how she goes about her daily life. I'm using "mine" in the sense that we'd be exclusive to each other dating wise.

Angry Grimace

Who shows Code Geass to anyone ever unless you know they'd be in on the joke?

Yes I missed this quote too because I never thought people would take it so literally.

Guys, I meant "mine" as in I know she's "technically not [my GF]" not "mine" as in I'm treating her like an object. Of course I'm not trying to say I can control what I can can't do.

Geez...you know how in movies or on insta when people say "mine" they're referring to their BFs/GFs? And even if she was "mine" I still don't mean that it means I can control how she goes about her daily life. I'm using "mine" in the sense that we'd be exclusive to each other dating wise.

bro you even said "technically..."

bro you even said "technically..."

oh my goodness...

This is what happens when you pull a quote from a 3 paragraph post...you miss out on the context. All it does is paints me as a bad human being. That quote is referring to the paragraph that came before it. Where I mentioned she drunkenly made out with random guys the previous semester. The following semester I went in with the mindset that I can't control when she does that because she's technically not my GF.

No I don't treat girls like objects nor aim to control them.

oh my goodness...

This is what happens when you pull a quote from a 3 paragraph post...you miss out on the context. All it does is paints me as a bad human being. That quote is referring to the paragraph that came before it. Where I mentioned she drunkenly made out with random guys the previous semester. The following semester I went in with the mindset that I can't control when she does that because she's technically not my GF.

But it's not like she's "technicslly" not your gf, she is literally not your gf, no technically involved

oh my goodness...

i dont think youre a bad person at all i just think youre never gonna get with this chick and need to move on.

im rooting for you to get your d wet but id put good money on it not being with her. shes just not into you. it doesnt mean anything is wrong with you, shes just not into you.

i dont think youre a bad person at all i just think youre never gonna get with this chick and need to move on.

im rooting for you to get your d wet but id put good money on it not being with her. shes just not into you. it doesnt mean anything is wrong with you, shes just not into you.

Appreciate it man and you're probably right. Still need to get through another week so I'll see how it goes

eso76

Typical case of she's not attracted to you in the slightest but enjoys the attention and will throw you a bone once in a while to keep you on a leash.

Will keep rejecting you until she learns you're seeing someone else. That might change things.
Temporarily.

OP, go after a new girl and ask her advice on how to do it.

(OP DON'T ACTUALLY DO THIS. SERIOUSLY. DON'T OP)

In all seriousness do actually go out and meet women who aren't this woman. I know it's really fucking hard to get her out of your head, but it's pretty much inevitable that you're going to have to cut this off eventually, and the longer you wait, the worse it's gonna hurt.

The Ummah

Banned
You moved on, then moved into her place? She's still your crush? After all this, you're still trying to maintain this toxic friendship?

Damn OP, you got it bad.

Two Words

Sorry for the lack of updates guys (been busy with work and don't get much chance at home) but the replies so far have been funny so keep them coming haha. Yes I know I've probably played myself for 4 years now and yes it's the same girl. And also she's not new to anime!! Anime is not as unpopular as you all think. She's watched FMA, Naruto, Fairy Tale, etc. in the past with her brother so I recommended this one to them. So far they seem to be enjoying it. Her mom is not actually keeping up with the show, she's just in and out. And I feel like after 4 years I have legit moved on (at least as of this moment) and am just trying to take full advantage of the friendship because it's been really great so far. We will probably go watch a movie/eat at a nice restaurant this weekend.
What the hell does "take full advantage of the friendship" even mean?

Top Bottom