• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad member arrested

Tulerian

What about Extradition? Are there treaties between Finland/America?

I know there is with the UK, and with the severity of the crimes being investigated in the USA at the moment I fully expect them to go down this route.

These guys could be looking at a very long, and unpleasant, time behind bars.

I don't they've really thought this through at all, and assumed it's just a slap on the wrist and told not to be naughty again.

Decker

Lizard-Squad.jpg

original picture from

http://thehackernews.com/2015/01/two-lizard-squad-hackers-arrested-after.html

Halabane

Assuming that everything is as it seems on the surface, then the only explanation is that they actually wanted to get arrested.

I agree. All of their posts were more like job applications. Since we know how to do it we know how to stop it. There is some logic in that many companies have hired guys like this in the past. Not so sure they do it today.

Tanoooki

It seems like these underage hacker guys are usually from England, for instance 6 of the 7 LulzSec hackers were all from the UK.

Silky

Banned
Jesus, whats with people wishing bodily harm for a fucking ddos attack?

Hey remember when they called in a bomb threat to a plane and nearly risked the lives of a lot of people because a Sony exec just so happened to be on the plane.

That being said, Prison rape jokes should REALLY not be said anymore because it isn't funny

that's what I said, they're not hackers

real hackers are not 22 years old kids looking for attention by disturbing Christmas. Most of the really talented hackers are working for government agencies (NSA, FBI, CIA, KGB, etc.) and hired to spy on other countries' networks. Others are working on security systems for banks and such.

Lizard Squad couldn't even hack a NeoGAF account if asked.
Good for getting caught but age has nothing to do with it and I am sure hacking an account on NeoGAF wouldn't be that hard through password guessing. In any case, you don't have to be a spy to be a hacker but at least be an ethical hacker if you want a job. These turds deserve getting caught for ruining some kids christmas.

Why is bail a thing? It's like you can buy your way out of jail time.
Because they should be able to proposition the judge to be released for monetary reasons. Judges decision on whether he poses a flight risk or risk to society. It's a good rule generally.

I would be interested though in a percentage of crimes committed once on bail in case I am wrong.

Top Bottom