• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lizard Squad member arrested

TyrantII

Why do I feel these two are just lackey cheerleaders used by others to take the fall. I mean, they're not very bright are they, giving interviews with face time in their home towns and countries.

Why do I feel these two are just lackey cheerleaders used by others to take the fall. I mean, they're not very bright are they, giving interviews with face time in their home towns and countries.

Krebs on security says otherwise. They are just dumb and lucky enough that law regarding cyber crimes is shitty enough to get away to it or that the worst punishment for minors is being a informant.

Peltz

giphy.gif

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
But as others have pointed out, this is about fraud, not DDoS attacks, like I've said in previous posts, these guys will only get caught when they become an actual threat and commit more established crimes like fraud, identify theft, stealing bank accounts etc, thats when the agencies start putting real resources into finding them, as we have witnessed now and previously.
I don't know how costing a number of corporations potentially millions of dollars in lost sales can be considered a small offense. Similarly, at least one of the members was responsible for getting that Sony exec's flight grounded through threats of terrorism.

Cc23830

Well he was all over Facebook the other day boasting so I am happy, he has made his account a little more private now though.

Gurrry

This is all fairly new for law enforcement, but in a few years, I have a feeling these sorts of things are going to be handled much differently.

Their time is coming to an end.

Also - I can almost guarantee that little douche gave up other peoples names to get a deal. If I were in the squad, id be shitting my pants right now. Youre all on watch.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The game changer is when there is a clear monetary motive involved, it makes offences much easier to prosecute and the penalties under law are exponentially greater.

JP

Although they may have got away with DDoS attacks trying to offer it as a paid service crosses a line and alters a lot of things in terms of the law.

01.png

jesu

This is all fairly new for law enforcement, but in a few years, I have a feeling these sorts of things are going to be handled much differently.

Their time is coming to an end.

Also - I can almost guarantee that little douche gave up other peoples names to get a deal. If I were in the squad, id be shitting my pants right now. Youre all on watch.

I read this the other day, it's quite interesting.

It's Sabu, Lulzsec's leader, explaining how he became an FBI informer and sold out his friends.

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/anonymo...s-how-he-became-fbi-informant/article/387561/

I do like the whole Lulzsec story and how the FBI used them.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Would someone kindly Gif that lizard stomp Hardy does in the beginning of the first "Fury Road" trailer?

Would make a perfect image for all these arrests as they go forward. We can keep adding more and more squished lizards to the floor as time goes on...

"before being released on bail."

He's already back out.

“The arrest is in connection with an ongoing investigation into cyber-fraud offences which took place between 2013 and August 2014 during which victims reported funds being stolen from their PayPal accounts,” Thames Valley police said in a statement on behalf of SEROCU.

This isn't even for being a part of lizardsquad lol

This. He didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I wouldn't be surprised to see another attack soon out of retaliation and knowing they won't be seriously punished. What a joke.

JP

This. He didn't even get a slap on the wrist. I wouldn't be surprised to see another attack soon out of retaliation and knowing they won't be seriously punished. What a joke.
Bail isn't anything to do with giving him a "slap on the wrist". The slap on the wrist bit comes AFTER the trial in two months if he's found guilty. Until then they either don't believe that he's not at risk of going on the run or that he's worth more to them out in the open and able to communicate.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I read this the other day, it's quite interesting.

It's Sabu, Lulzsec's leader, explaining how he became an FBI informer and sold out his friends.

http://www.scmagazineuk.com/anonymo...s-how-he-became-fbi-informant/article/387561/

I do like the whole Lulzsec story and how the FBI used them.

Great story. FBI not fucking around.

What an asshat, though. Two kids and mucking around on the Internet in a group called lulzsec. Hopefully he grew the fuck up from that experience.

jesu

Getting bail in the UK doesn't mean he only got a slap on the wrist.
He's due in court in March.
(or he is bailed to return to the police in march)

He's fucked either way if they have evidence.

Top Bottom